KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Iron Man 3 vs Man of Steel

Iron Man 3 vs Man of Steel
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (39): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tzeentch
#gottem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by abhilegend
MOS definitely. Downey can take a movie only so far, even SR made 400 millions which was boring as phuck. The hype of MOS is crazy. For those who hasn't seen the ACTUAL teaser, here's a link
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/?action=view&current=mosmp4-YouTube.mp4
Where is this hype?

I don't know a single human being who is interested in a new Superman movie.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Oct 21st, 2012 09:34 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I'm also curious about this Hype.

IM3 has Downey and the success of Avengers backing it up.

Superman Returns has to fight the lack of excitement for Superman on the big screen after the abysmal SR.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2012 11:31 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Iron Man, definitely. I hope Superman does well and his movie is good. If DC f*cks this up, they're officially hopeless.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2012 11:37 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Tzeentch._
Where is this hype?

I don't know a single human being who is interested in a new Superman movie.

Ok, you don't. Don't project your thoughts over others.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2012 12:01 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by tkitna
Funny enough, none of my friends have any interest in it at all.

Same here.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2012 12:04 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by tkitna
Funny enough, none of my friends have any interest in it at all. More then one stated they are sick of DC remaking nothing more than Batman and Superman films. I'll go see it, but i'm getting to that point too.

Didn't realise DC has their own movie studio now.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2012 12:40 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Kazenji

Since when?

Edit - Oh wait, your being sarcastic.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Oct 21st, 2012 at 02:37 PM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2012 02:28 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

teaser trailer for Iron Man 3 arrives on tuesday.. In the meantime heres a teaser..

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/10/...k-trailer-video

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 21st, 2012 08:15 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Kazenji

Yeah, it's really ANNOYING when people say, "DC" like they have their own studio. WARNER BROS is a MASSIVE studio that produces more than one genre of movies. Which is why they don't have (nor will they ever) multiple DC properties released on the big screen.

I mean seriously, whenever someone at the comic con asks whether or not their will be a JLA movie or a Titans live action movie, Dan Didio just says, we don't handle that area. Or we're just the comic business. Pretty simple, actually.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2012 08:33 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Iron Man, definitely. I hope Superman does well and his movie is good. If DC f*cks this up, they're officially hopeless.

thumb up The success of Avengers is what's really gonna send people to go see IM3 in droves.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2012 11:20 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I don't think IM will make 400 M. I could be wrong, but IM 2 didn't do as well as IM and movies generally do less as they go along. It will probably do better overseas compared to the other IM films, though.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2012 11:43 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I think IM 3 is gonna be huge due to the Avengers tie-in.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2012 11:50 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

We'll see. 400 M is actually a hard number to obtain, even with inflation. I see IM 3 getting around 350M, which wold be an improvement from IM 2.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2012 01:27 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Golgo13
I don't think IM will make 400 M. I could be wrong, but IM 2 didn't do as well as IM and movies generally do less as they go along. It will probably do better overseas compared to the other IM films, though.

Iron Man 2 made almost 40 mil more than the original Iron Man...

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2012 01:59 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

He's talking about the domestic gross hence 350 mil.

And in the US, IM 1 did slightly better than 2.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2012 02:09 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Iron Man 2 made almost 40 mil more than the original Iron Man...

No, it didn't. Domestically it did worse.

Edit, yeah, if you count WW, but I was talking only domestically.

Last edited by Senor Cage on Oct 22nd, 2012 at 02:22 AM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2012 02:19 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

The domestic difference between the two films is only a couple of million. That's barely even worth talking about.

The third one will probably make more then the first two by nature of the 3d ticket boost alone.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2012 02:46 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Iron Man 3 is probably going to be the best one yet. Extremis + Mandarin = Win.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2012 03:11 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Iron Man 3 will rock from beginning to end.. won't be surprised at all if it make $500 million worldwide

Originally posted by Golgo13
No, it didn't. Domestically it did worse.

Edit, yeah, if you count WW, but I was talking only domestically.

with this possibly be the last time people see Robert Downey, Jr as Tony Stark/Iron Man that alone should drive this to huge numbers both here in the states and overseas

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Last edited by BruceSkywalker on Oct 22nd, 2012 at 03:44 AM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2012 03:41 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Robert Downey Jr said he'd be happy only doing Iron Man and Sherlock films until he retires. Marvel will have him in the IM suit as long as the possibly can. Avengers 2 is a certainty.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2012 04:07 AM