KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Iron Man 3 vs Man of Steel

Iron Man 3 vs Man of Steel
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (39): « First ... « 37 38 [39]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Superman cared enough to snap Zod's neck to save that family.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 09:26 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Who says no one cared? The film finished shortly after that. Your being overly critical Imho.

You kind of answered your own question there. The film ends in such a quick and light-hearted way that it completely handwaves away the thousands upon thousands of deaths of innocents. Superman certainly shows no remorse over it. Instead, he just goes to work at the Daily Planet two days later where apparently everything's gone back to normal. Not a single newspaper headline. Nothing.

The film refuses to acknowledge it and that is such a huge, glaring issue that it goes well beyond just being a nitpick. There's a reason so many critics harp on the collateral damage in this film.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 09:36 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I have no problems with the ending. It wasn't a perfect movie by any stretch, but those so called problems didn't bother me at all.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 10:01 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Agreed. However, if it isn't addressed in the sequel, then I might find it problematic.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 10:13 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Originally posted by ares834
Agreed. However, if it isn't addressed in the sequel, then I might find it problematic.

thumb up

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 10:29 PM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by ares834

I bet this is giving Lex the fuel he needs to turn the mass against Superman.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 10:36 PM
Senor Cage

Also, add Batman to that list. Now that he'll be in the sequel. He's probably still pissed that Superman destroyed one of his satellites. wink

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 10:37 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
you people owe me money...

if this true regarding the plot...

also a new Bruce/Bats possibly already

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/co...ermanbats-movie

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 04:22 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Accel
You kind of answered your own question there. The film ends in such a quick and light-hearted way that it completely handwaves away the thousands upon thousands of deaths of innocents. Superman certainly shows no remorse over it. Instead, he just goes to work at the Daily Planet two days later where apparently everything's gone back to normal. Not a single newspaper headline. Nothing.

The film refuses to acknowledge it and that is such a huge, glaring issue that it goes well beyond just being a nitpick. There's a reason so many critics harp on the collateral damage in this film.

The billionaire/genius/playboy/philanthropist has some ideas about that. wink

(please log in to view the image)

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 16th, 2013 10:23 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Do people honestly think there wasn't any casualites in the Avengers? But then again the Marvel films are all rainbows and butterflies, but hey it works.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2013 10:33 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mshinu
Star for a Brain

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Do people honestly think there wasn't any casualites in the Avengers? But then again the Marvel films are all rainbows and butterflies, but hey it works.

Must have been thousands of deaths the way those alien ships crashed trough buildings. MoS probably topped it by at least a factor of five.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2013 07:17 AM
Mshinu is currently offline Click here to Send Mshinu a Private Message Find more posts by Mshinu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Yeah but MOS was on his own. He didn't have a team to help save lives while he fights off the bad guys.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2013 07:58 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mshinu
Star for a Brain

^ Yeah but MOS was on his own. He didn't have a team to help save lives while he fights off the bad guys.

No argument here. He probably cauced many deaths directly himself, but didn`t have the luxury of playing it safe being inexperienced and all. Can`t make an omelet (or save the planet) without breaking a few eggs.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2013 10:08 AM
Mshinu is currently offline Click here to Send Mshinu a Private Message Find more posts by Mshinu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Then I guess we can say Superman isn't all of those Avengers combined, then, like some fans think he is(But against the Kryptonian invasion, you'd have to say Captain America, Black Widow and Hawkeye would have been non-factors. )But they also created struggles for him in MOS because of the 'Krypton atmosphere' thing around Zod's ship and World Engine, making him weaker and even powerless at times. It's something that would have only affected him, and not more of the other powerful Avengers like Thor & Hulk, had they been there. But that's just basic storytelling in both movies and comics - shaping the story where the heroes must overcome their weaknesses to win.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 17th, 2013 03:48 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

thumb up And wasn't it that huge machine that killed most of the people, anyway?

Old Post Sep 17th, 2013 05:54 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

And IMO you would have to be kind of crazy to stay in the top floors of any of the buildings they crashed into considering their proximity to the huge gravity machine. I think it's highly possible everyone in the surrounding buildings either got evacuated or moved to the lower levels or basement(which is probably what would immediately happen in real life) But the gravity machine no doubt dealt out a lot of death.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2013 08:49 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote