KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Arrow

Arrow
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (75): « First ... « 63 64 [65] 66 67 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

This is an interesting development, and something that will make CW Deathstroke fans happy.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/arrow-m...hstroke-return/

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 05:16 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Took them long enough, but I guess the ongoing concern for the fan-favorite Deathstroke got through to them after all. Maybe I can even wear my DS t-shirt with pride now. Bennett's wtf reaction to Amell's tweet was funny though. Hard to tell whether it was because he wasn't informed beforehand by his agent, or if it was done to keep fans guessing, but either way, bravo. Can guarantee his return would bring at least some viewers back to the show that it lost after S2.

I doubt that was even Manu Bennett in the costume during the DS cameo in the Heroes vs Aliens crossover, but probably a stunt double or something; hence no spoken lines. Only Manu can make the character's return real. Should be refreshing too since we still had Jobberstroke in the Judas Contract animated movie from what I heard, which I wouldn't doubt since he was a real jobber before against Damian Wayne.

But yeah, color me somewhat excited again. I don't mind the show's current villains like Prometheus, but he seems like another come and go type, whereas the likes of Deathstroke and pre-jobber Merlyn (and to a certain extent, Darhk) were what really left behind impressions on this show.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 05:39 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

So I guess it's official...

Oh, is Chase gonna get it now. I give Prometheus credit for Oliver having to pull this card.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2017 02:32 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
So I guess it's official...

Oh, is Chase gonna get it now. I give Prometheus credit for Oliver having to pull this card.

Looks like the last few episodes should actually be pretty interesting. And after the whole Bratva thing, I can't imagine how much Diggle is going to shit his pants when he finds out Oliver resorted to Slade.

On a random note, I wonder if the Legends allowed Malcolm to keep his hand when they fixed reality.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2017 04:16 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Fingers crossed that something too stupid doesn't happen in the finale and that it makes Arrow great again. Been loving even mostly everything that's led up to this point. Current season of Flash, ironically on the other hand...

Old Post May 18th, 2017 02:58 AM
cdtm

Obvious question:

Why would Slade help Ollie, and why would Ollie expect him to?

Considering last time he was trying to kill him and Thea, no questions asked.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 18th, 2017 03:12 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Other than the fact he could give Slade his freedom or something as leverage (Ollie's done dumber things before), I don't know, but gotta be easier than trying to reason with Chase by this point.

Old Post May 18th, 2017 03:23 AM
cdtm

Oh, this is gonna be good.

"And now with my son safe, I give you your freedom."

"Hahaha, and now I rescue your son to steal your son!"

"As director of Argus, I never agreed to give Slade his freedom and never would."

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 18th, 2017 03:28 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I could also maybe see Ollie releasing Slade as a way of him trying to ease the burden of his past or something with how it's been used against him lately, tho yeah, could see a dumb scenario like that being played out as well.

Old Post May 18th, 2017 03:31 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

gonna actually give Season 5 a shot

I liked the trailer and from the fight scenes I've seen it looks like it picked up from season 3

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 20th, 2017 12:02 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Fingers crossed that something too stupid doesn't happen in the finale and that it makes Arrow great again. Been loving even mostly everything that's led up to this point. Current season of Flash, ironically on the other hand...

Yeah, I never thought I would say it, but Arrow has, IMO, been better than Flash this season, overall. It still has its dumb moments, but it's a notable step up from the last two seasons. I think it's because Chase has been a much better villain than either Ra's or Darhk (at least to me personally). They made the perfect comparison in the last episode. Chase has been pulling Ollie's strings the entire time, and been 50 steps ahead of him at every turn.

Old Post May 20th, 2017 05:49 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

thumb up I like Darhk better personality-wise, but have to admit by this point that Chase has been the most compelling villain in awhile whose threat has lasted through the whole season, never diminishing, even when captured.

Old Post May 20th, 2017 06:47 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

So, Cpt Boomerang is also going to be on Oliver's team. And it does look like it's going to be a "help me and go free" type deal.

Old Post May 21st, 2017 06:15 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Great finale. Everything's come full circle, but that ending... Fuuuuuuuuuuu-

Old Post May 25th, 2017 01:05 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Hell of an ending, and a damn good finale it was. Between Slade, Chase, that ending, and Lian Yu being the focus instead of Star City, yeah, it's up there with the best episodes of Arrow. About the only gripe I have is how Talia was taken out.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on May 25th, 2017 at 02:24 AM

Old Post May 25th, 2017 02:22 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah, it gave us the kind of proper closure we deserved, between Slade and Oliver and Slade letting go of his hate (proving again the mirakuru was the only reason he became one dimensional for a season in wanting to make Oliver pay), Malcolm and Thea, etc. Good point too on the prevention of Star City's destruction not being the focus or end-game for once. Can agree on the Talia part though; guess she jobbed against Nyssa since she wasn't on the good side. As for the ending,

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: If everyone else really died from the explosions, suppose I can live with it with the just closure we got. Of course there's already talk or speculation of how some may have lived while others died but we'll have to wait and see as far as that. Slade was apparently the only one who knew the way to the other boat or whatever, so he was everyone else's ticket off the island.

And I guess that land mine got both Boomerang and Malcolm? Damn...

Old Post May 25th, 2017 06:09 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Yeah, this was better than The Flash finale IMO. And I did not expect that ending.

Old Post May 25th, 2017 06:30 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

That ending made Barry becoming a prisoner to the speed force look like nothing, and I didn't even feel that much with that; prolly because I wasn't as invested with how meh the season was compared to the first two, but yeah.

Old Post May 25th, 2017 06:43 PM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

JEEEEZUS CHRIST there was some terrible jobbing and fight choreography in this episode.

The only people of importance who actually died are Chase and Boomerang, who was thrown on top of that mine by Malcolm.

shitty finale; shitty because the ending will all be meaningless in a few months when we find out none of them are actually dead.

Old Post May 26th, 2017 09:30 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by marwash22
when we find out none of them are actually dead.

My thoughts exactly. In general, unless it's HBO, none of your main characters are going to die off camera. I think we'll find them all alive in the premiere except maybe one or two who will be presumed dead but are actually alive somewhere and they'll return at some point in the season, Thea (because she's barely in the show these days.) and maybe Wild Dog (because he's somewhat expendable.) are good candidates.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post May 26th, 2017 11:09 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote