KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Arrow

Arrow
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (75): « First ... « 69 70 [71] 72 73 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i kind of like the flashforwards

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 6th, 2018 04:04 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Honestly Ive been nicely surprised. Never thought theyd keep him locked up for 7 episodes. Best first 7 episodes probably since Season 2.

Just curious to see if the show can keep up the quality now. Id say the 2nd half of last season was great as well. Its when they get back to team Arrow that the show goes downhill. Arrows great, but Team Arrow sucks.

Eh, I like most of Team Arrow (none of whom I particularly have gripes with out of the current team), but to each their own. They should've kept Ragman though if anything. He was cool.

And yeah, the flashforward sequences are decent. Also like where they seem to be going with Diaz after his incarceration.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2018 05:45 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

have they killed off Wild Dog yet?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2018 06:52 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Wild Dog is still around.

And Ragman was cool, but too powerful for the rest of the team, to be honest. If everyone else on your team is a street leveler, the one guy who can survive nukes stands out a bit.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2018 07:16 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Eh, I like most of Team Arrow (none of whom I particularly have gripes with out of the current team), but to each their own. They should've kept Ragman though if anything. He was cool.

And yeah, the flashforward sequences are decent. Also like where they seem to be going with Diaz after his incarceration.

Its not about liking or not liking them individually. Theyve been fine this season as individuals. Its when they are Team Arrow, the show just doesnt work for me.

Last season and so far this season they split Team Arrow up and had a lot of Arrow going solo.

Oh but even as individuals, hate Wild Dog and Curtis.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2018 08:01 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Been thinking for a while that one of the people involved in the flash forwards isn't who they say they are or being completely honest about their intentions and honestly, given the way in which Dinah tried to persuade Wild Dog's daughter to get her and William into The Glades because they both, for some reason, are unable to do so on their own makes me think it could be her.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 10:26 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Lmao they even redid the intro.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2018 04:04 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

The Ring reference to Diggle was great as well

Old Post Dec 11th, 2018 04:35 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Another good crossover episode. These are almost becoming the highlight of these shows, because I remember enjoying Crisis on Earth X quite a lot last year as well.

Also... Sooo many easter eggs.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2018 06:40 PM
cdtm

"My cousin and Bruce are friends. Frenemies."

Nice nod to Worlds Finest, and one story of their meeting across universes I'd like to see.

Isn't that a retcon of Flash making first contact? Unless all these crossover events happened since, and we haven't heard about it.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2018 02:07 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

CBR is spinning this as a Batman existing on Earth 38, Supergirls universe.

There isn't a Superman or Supergirl in the Arrowverse, so it doesn't really follow there would be two Batman's.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2018 03:03 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^But there are.

Batman does exist on earth 38. He was referred to as far back as season 2 of Supergirl.
Batman’s existence isnt dependent on Superman’s existence in any particular reality.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2018 03:51 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Another good crossover episode. These are almost becoming the highlight of these shows, because I remember enjoying Crisis on Earth X quite a lot last year as well.

Also... Sooo many easter eggs.

I stopped watching these shows ages ago, but heard about the crossover and wanted to see RR as Batwoman, so ...

As you said, the crossovers are the highlight, and I had a couple of chuckles - but then Supergirl ends up giving a monologue for half an hour again, and I remember once again why I can't watch this [SPOILER - highlight to read]: badly written crap anymore.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2018 03:57 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

How is that a spoiler? laughing

Old Post Dec 14th, 2018 04:23 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^But there are.

Batman does exist on earth 38. He was referred to as far back as season 2 of Supergirl.
Batman’s existence isnt dependent on Superman’s existence in any particular reality.

There was a "Bruce" (along with Diana and other JL names) on Earth 2 Barry's phone as well, IIRC.

Plus, there are at least 90 different Earths in the CW multiverse. So, chances are there are more than a couple of Batmans scattered across them.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2018 04:36 AM
riv6672

^^^nice; i’d forgotten about that earth 2 phone easter egg...

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 14th, 2018 05:14 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I was thinking more about your comment regarding the DCEU and CWDC universes and it is pretty crazy how one has had such a rocky road while the other just keeps growing and growing, adding more characters and shows to the list as time passes, considering they didn't kick off that far apart.

Makes you wonder what could have been if the CW Arrowverse actually had the DCEU verse's budget.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Dec 14th, 2018 at 06:44 AM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2018 06:41 AM
riv6672

^^^Or if the DCEU had just been patient and forward planned, slowly building their brand.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2018 10:52 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Yeah, they tried to play catch up when the other side (the MCU) had way too much of a head start for that strategy to ever be a viable approach. And the joke is that the only other current shared live action universe that can compete with the MCU (at least in terms of scope) is in fact the Arrowverse lol. So, the movie guys got upstaged by their TV counterparts.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2018 02:02 PM
cdtm

Forgot about Bruce name dropping.

Earth 1 and Earth 2 both had a Batman, and were almost indistinguishable, back in the comics. I remember Earth 2 Batman being a politician, coming out of retirement, and dying.

And speaking of older characters, that Flash was from the 90's TV show, right? Recognized the theme song.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2018 04:24 PM