KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Arrow

Arrow
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (75): « First ... « 72 73 [74] 75 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I feel the whole Emiko arc was rushed, maybe due to them giving too much focus on the future Star City arc and not giving enough time on the present, but I just felt nothing with how they handled her here in the end, and the Ninth Circle still being in the wind on top of that made this feel pretty inconclusive, though I guess they'll touch up on Vergil and the rest of the them in the coming final season.

Enjoyed the episodes that were leading up to the finale more than I did the finale itself, which is kinda odd. Bronze Tiger and Black Siren showing up again to help was cool but overall it was a pretty mixed bag. The ending twist was good though, I agree, which kinda saved it.

Agree Emiko arc was very rushed.

First half of this season was great, and last season had a great second half.

But the last few episodes and conclusion were very Meh. Hope the final season can end with a bang.

I thought bringing Black Siren in was pointless. She went back to her Earth so should have kept her there until the Crisis Event presumably merges the different Earths. And of course can always use her for the future Star City arc.

Bronze Tiger helping out was fine.

Old Post May 29th, 2019 12:49 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

*Random Guy/girl from Ollie’s past shows up, fights, disappears and then reappears to help him or resurface in another Arrowverse show like Legends

*Oliver/his team fights another generic mob/gangster/criminal syndicate with ease

*One of his teammates betray him or some shitty romance begins

The show is basically Days of our lives with fight scenes

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 30th, 2019 02:23 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Days of Our Lives has some good fight scenes though. big grin

Old Post May 31st, 2019 09:35 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Can say the preview has at least made me hopeful the show will end on a decent note, compared to its low points.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 10:11 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^hadnt seen that yet, thanks. thumb up

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 10:49 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Arrow’s premier was pretty good, aside from the flash forwards, which, honestly, I don’t find interesting.
Ollie’s look at how things COULD have been for his family/friends/City was bitter sweet. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Diggle moving heaven & earth to help his spiritual brother was a damn fine moment.

The Crisis is already looming large.
Is it just me or were [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Jesse Quick and her dad unceremoniously killed off in this ep? They were on that earth Ollie, Diggle and Black Canary barely escaped right?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 10:18 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Oh, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: good point about Jesse and her dad. That didn't occur to me at the time. Damn.

It was good to see Malcolm Merlyn again at first too, but of course since it's another earth, figured he wouldn't be the badass we normally know him as... Tommy being the Black Arrow there was predictable, that said, but I was kinda meh on how they did a quick retread of season 1's plot, with the Undertaking and all.

Wonder what other previous season elements they'll reuse like that with the next episodes, not that I'm complaining. Seems kinda fitting to do a bit of for the final season of this show.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 10:39 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Oh, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: good point about Jesse and her dad. That didn't occur to me at the time. Damn.

It was good to see Malcolm Merlyn again at first too, but of course since it's another earth, figured he wouldn't be the badass we normally know him as... Tommy being the Black Arrow there was predictable, that said, but I was kinda meh on how they did a quick retread of season 1's plot, with the Undertaking and all.

Wonder what other previous season elements they'll reuse like that with the next episodes, not that I'm complaining. Seems kinda fitting to do a bit of for the final season of this show.

Maybe that first bit we noticed will be addressed on Flash?

It’s funny when the show first started I thought [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Tommy would end up being the villain, not his dad. Not sure they ever really knew what to do w. Tommy.

Did you notice [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Batman’s Mask in place of Deathstroke’s at the start of the ep? Earth 2 Arrow also name dropped Bruce Wayne. There’s a story there that died w. the earth though.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2019 04:04 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

^ Oh yeah, kinda realized I forgot to point out the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Batman mask on Lian Yu and stuff after my initial comments. Not that it matters too much like you said. A subplot that died with Earth 2.

This current episode was much better imo. Was good to have Katana back, despite what happened to her at the end. Having her fight China White was something I didn't realize I wanted till I knew it was about to happen. Interesting how the Monitor seems kinda more shady now too, despite his best intentions. Between him still appearing here and on the Flash, they've done pretty well in having him set everything into motion.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2019 06:53 AM
riv6672

^^^i’m loving the narratives this season, w. Monitor impacting things across both ARROW and FLASH. Hoping a little starts bleeding into Supergirl, Batwoman, and Black Lightning.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2019 12:55 AM
riv6672

Well, this last ep. was the most interesting i’ve found the future team.
Seeing them [SPOILER - highlight to read]: playing off Team Arrow in the present was actually pretty fun.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2019 10:39 AM
riv6672

The trip to Russia was more fun than I thought it’d be.
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: It’s always fun to see Anatoly. Ollie and Mia’s tutorial was also pretty cool. His conflict over letting her (and William) get hurt was overly dramatic but, as a parent I actually got it.
Really glad they didn’t drag out the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Black Canary’s a traitor plot line. Watching her drop a dime on Harbinger was oddly satisfying, though I felt bad for Diggle.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2019 11:02 AM
riv6672

It was so fun seeing [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Quentin. I hadn’t realized I missed him. Seeing Laurel’s reaction(s) to him was pretty harsh.
Ollie seemed resigned to his fate (broken) at the end of this ep. and I don’t think I liked that.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2019 11:02 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I find it funny how different generations have different time-loop movie references to fall back on.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2019 03:49 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I noticed that, too. That was a nice touch!

I’m also convinced no Crisis will wipe out the Big Belly Burger franchise...

Old Post Nov 29th, 2019 04:51 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

This last and final season of Arrow is money!

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2019 01:20 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

The Lian Yu ep. this week was good and action-y.

Despite myself i’m starting to like [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Mia. She has Ollie level angst and temper flare ups, but cuter. Too bad the spin off’s not just her.
I was surprised they took Roy’s arm. I guess we get a glimpse of one of his worst comics storylines. Harbinger’s arrival was nice and dramatic. It’s time for the Crisis, finally!

Old Post Dec 6th, 2019 11:04 AM
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Holy Shit...They did it [SPOILER - highlight to read]: John is the Green Lantern

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 03:01 AM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^well it’s about time!

I’m gonna go ahead and watch this in a little while.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 10:05 AM
riv6672

Okay that was a pretty good end to things. It wasn’t overdone in any of the ways it could have been which I appreciated.
I never thought 8 years ago this show would have been as important as it turned out to be.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 12:26 PM