KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Current Gen Console Discussions (PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch (Pro?) OFFICIAL THREAD

Current Gen Console Discussions (PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch (Pro?) OFFICIAL THREAD
Started by: Barker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (134): « First ... « 103 104 [105] 106 107 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well, the PS5 is not coming out until at least 2020 so the tariff might not be in place around that time.

But that's tariffs...they tax the consumers of the products.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2018 12:56 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Aaaand well, Bethesda has literally sh!t the bed with everything to do with Fallout 76...

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 03:40 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

They really have. It's just been one disaster after another with this game. I'll be interested in how badly this tarnishes their studio's overall reputation with ES6 and that Star game coming out.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 03:42 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
They really have. It's just been one disaster after another with this game. I'll be interested in how badly this tarnishes their studio's overall reputation with ES6 and that Star game coming out.

I'd say they need to make the Elder Scrolls game at least as good as Morrowind or Skyrim in order to recover their lost rep. Otherwise people are not going to forgive their mistakes this time.

So Zenimax better be prepared to open their wallets and shell out for some competent staff and a longer development cycle, because the dumbing down of both their flagship series and the technical issues are going to be scrutinized under a microscope from now on. Oh, and getting rid of predatory monetization like the Atom Store and the Creation Club is going to be paramount. The only additional monetization people are going to tolerate these days are full and proper expansions like Shivering Isles or Dragonborn. They won't swallow Horse Armor level bullshit any longer.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 03:52 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

From what I'm hearing about Fallout 76 it probably should have been a f2p game.

I think they're going to have problems with their coming games, too, because they've already announced that they're going to continue using the current engine for them, which is already really showing its age. They really need to either vastly upgrade the engine or just use a new, modern one that can support more than 20 characters on screen at any given time or whatever shitty limitation the current system has.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 03:56 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Originally posted by BackFire
From what I'm hearing about Fallout 76 it probably should have been a f2p game.

I think they're going to have problems with their coming games, too, because they've already announced that they're going to continue using the current engine for them, which is already really showing its age. They really need to either vastly upgrade the engine or just use a new, modern one that can support more than 20 characters on screen at any given time or whatever shitty limitation the current system has.

Given the state it was released in, and what they are trying to do with it, I think even F2P would be a stretch.

The engine itself isn't the problem, it's that Bethesda has developed a bad habit of "Good Enough" to release now, and patch it later, which hurts them in the long run because they have a tendency to simply not bother patching known bugs that the community fixed years ago, and instead focus on building more DLCs filled with yet more bugs. They simply don't devote enough time and resources to finish QA testing and bug fixing before releasing. This, combined with the current nasty ass habits they are forming with the Creation Club and now with their Fee Too Pay economic ideas... People are saying "Thats enough"

A new engine, or a CK with substantial work put into it would be a welcome change, but given Bethesda's shown by now current philosophies of "Good Enough" I worry for the future...

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 04:11 AM
Darkstorm Zero

Also, just as an addendum, STOP The dumbing down and casualization of the games. Seriously, while I loved the Dark brotherhood questline in Oblivion, Emil Pagliarulo's subsequent writings have gotten simpler and simpler as time progresses. To the point where Linear is no longer as applicable as single line rail storytelling.

They really need to think about rehiring Michael Kirkbride and grabbing Chris Avellone while their pockets can still afford them.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 04:41 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

They are probably going to update the engine once again. But most engines have been updated from previous versions. I'm assuming the type of the engine they need to provide the same experience would roughly turn out the same if it was created from scratch.

And...Bethesda games are always buggy. Every single one them...this isn't something new.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 05:08 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Originally posted by Smasandian
And...Bethesda games are always buggy. Every single one them...this isn't something new.

Yes, but the fact that this has become not only acceptible, but the Norm, is bad.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 05:25 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

But it's always been the norm.

If you buy a Bethesda game, expect bugs. You don't want bugs, don't buy a Bethesda game.

Of course it's not right and then game should mostly flawless (all games have bugs) but buyers beware....that's always going to be the case.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 09:45 PM
cdtm

So where does your nostalgia really begin and end.

I mean, I didn't have a PS1 until high school. Never owned a Genesis (Yet keep buying rom pack), didn't visit arcades much, got a Super Nintendo in that teen phase you stop caring about gaming.

My childhood console was an Intellivision, my computer was an Apple IIC (Battletech! And Lemonade Stand..) and I got my NES late.

In terms of nostalgia offerings, just about everything out there is AFTER my era. The closest I have is Atari/Intellivision Flashback carts and an Intellivision Lives PS2 disc.

The rest, I fill in by emulating Oregon Trail or Number Munchers on some site.

You see some "throwback" title, and I just think how that's great for people who had an snes when they were 8. Not 14-15.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 03:02 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Dunno where exactly to put this, but Nvidia just announced that they're going to start supporting adaptive sync (Freesync), starting with a select group of monitors. This is a really nice change for them because it means that in the future you won't necessarily have to pay extra for a G-Sync monitor to go with your Nvidia GPU in order to utilize adaptive sync.

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2019/...c-displays-ces/

Old Post Jan 7th, 2019 11:03 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I think I just got a monitor with freesync...cool!

Old Post Jan 8th, 2019 11:18 PM
cdtm

When your rechargeable battery pack gets so loose, it falls out.

Been an ongoing problem. Gonna try a few strips of scotch tape, but I have a feeling that won't work for long.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2019 07:45 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Am I the only one who doesn't care about the Xbox Scarlett? It doesn't seem long ago when Microsoft was boasting the Xbox One X having higher frames and faster load times and now look where we are.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2019 12:54 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm not sure Microsoft was boasting about load times with the Xbox One X. I just remember they mentioned higher frame rates and 4k...which the console does.

Both Sony and MS next gen consoles releases will probably be the same. I think Sony was touting similar features when they released information regarding the console.

However...at least with both brands, its fully backwards compatible.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2019 07:49 PM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Bargin store Chinese knockoff BOTW lulz

https://kotaku.com/zelda-fans-prote...nese-1836963210

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 5th, 2019 04:23 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

This has been going on since Space Invaders clones like Space Armada, it's not a big deal. Gauntlet Legends was a clear knock off of Legend of Zelda, and it was still awesome.

As long as the game is fun, let the lawyers decide what's similar yet distinct.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2019 04:30 PM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Im aware ripoffs have been going on since the dawn of time. I can still make fun of it and point fingers.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2019 05:40 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

EA announced today that starting with Jedi Fallen Order, it's going to be releasing games on Steam again alongside Origin. Apex Legends, The Sims and Fallen Order apparently won't even need to have Origin running if you buy and launch them through Steam.

Good news, I think.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 30th, 2019 07:34 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote