KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Current Gen Console Discussions (PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch (Pro?) OFFICIAL THREAD

Current Gen Console Discussions (PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch (Pro?) OFFICIAL THREAD
Started by: Barker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (134): « First ... « 104 105 [106] 107 108 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Hmm, they must of seen some pretty large declines in sales in the last few years.

Or.....they are pushing the subscription service a lot more and picking up the stragglers with Steam.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2019 08:03 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Hmm, they must of seen some pretty large declines in sales in the last few years.

Or.....they are pushing the subscription service a lot more and picking up the stragglers with Steam.

A bit of everything I imagine. That and they might be looking at Epic and thinking that teaming up is a good idea.

There's some rumours going around about them remastering games like Dead Space and Mass Effect too, which I consider to be good news if true.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 30th, 2019 08:55 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Depends on how well its a remaster but I would total buy all 6 of those games.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2019 09:11 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I'd just play the old versions. smile

Remasters lost their appeal for me post PS2 era. I mean, if you're Master Racer, I suppose you'll get something out of it, but for most of us peons Gears of War 3 on the humble Xbox 360 still looks pretty impressive.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2019 09:23 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm OK with that but those games are showing their age.

Mass Effect was a fantastic game but it has a fair bit of frame rate issues that could be easily fixed.

After playing Resident Evil 2 remake and a few others, I would welcome if EA overhauled these series. Dead Space series would be ****ing killer if it had HDR.

But I would only get the games if they do a good job with it.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2019 12:21 AM
cdtm

That's the trick, isn't it.

The Silent Hill remasters seem to be industry standard, more then the exception. EA is just too cheap to give the project to real designers, over unpaid interns out of high school.

The fact is, we live in a world where unpaid hobbyists do a better job with emulators or fan projects, because companies just don't seem to give shit, and take consumers for fools.

As many probably are, or they wouldn't be throwing garbage out there at all. So there must he profit in it.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Oct 31st, 2019 at 12:37 AM

Old Post Oct 31st, 2019 12:33 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by cdtm

The fact is, we live in a world where unpaid hobbyists do a better job with emulators or fan projects, because companies just don't seem to give shit, and take consumers for fools.

Well it's those people that usually get hired to the remaster's.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2019 05:34 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

The switch just outsold the Xbone.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Oct 31st, 2019 08:36 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Kazenji
Well it's those people that usually get hired to the remaster's.

And if we're lucky, the company will actually give them access to the time and resources they need to do a bang up job.

I just discovered a world of fan made Double Dragon games, remakes, and mods. You know how Double Dragon Advance is considered the pinnacle of the franchise? These games pretty much build on that, and enhancd it.

So why is it the pros only churned out the shitty DD IV? I mean, Neon was alright, but come on!

Or how come if I want a properly emulated Sega Genesis game, I'm stuck using Kega Fusion? There's an entire scene on emulation, so why are big companies with deep pockets trying to reinvent the wheel using coders with no passion or knowledge of the art? Always with the glitching, or bad audio, or input lagging.

Last edited by cdtm on Oct 31st, 2019 at 05:46 PM

Old Post Oct 31st, 2019 05:43 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

And if we're lucky, the company will actually give them access to the time and resources they need to do a bang up job.

...yeah, because they did such a bad job on the Resident Evil 2 remaster roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Nov 1st, 2019 04:37 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Comparing Dead Space to Resident Evil. laughing out loud

One is a dead franchise, the other is a cash cow.

As things stand, Mass Effect is considered a dead franchise too, it's as likely it gets the bare minimums to milk the core fanbase who will buy anything, without putting much money into it.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2019 03:01 PM
cdtm

Gamepads cost way too much.

Even shit knockoffs are close to 30 dollars now. At 5-10 dollars, they used to be somewhat worth it, but it's like they've become even worse then they were in the 90's, while becoming far more expensive.

And of course, the first party good stuff costs as much as a new game.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2019 05:24 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Comparing Dead Space to Resident Evil. laughing out loud

I certainly wasn't, But you were.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2019 05:47 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

...yeah, because they did such a bad job on the Resident Evil 2 remaster roll eyes (sarcastic)
Depends on what you call a good job. That game has some glaring problems holding it back.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Nov 26th, 2019 01:44 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I certainly wasn't, But you were.

No, you were suggesting a good Resident Evil remaster proves they would make a good Dead Space remaster.

That's not how it works. Big companies only put real effort behind their sure thing money making properties. Dead Space is more likely to get the Silent Hill treatment of cut corners and half assed remastering, since it's nowhere near the hot property Resident Evil is.

As someone who enjoys many "marginal" ip's, this has been my experience with how companies treat them. Less popular games simply don't get the same level of care that the more popular one's do.

See: Zone of the Enders and Silent Hill as two examples.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2019 02:00 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Unreal 5 Tech Demo:

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 13th, 2020 08:39 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I don't see that much of an upgrade from Unreal Engine 4. Then again, I'm kinda over the hyper realistic movie style games tbh.

Old Post May 13th, 2020 09:47 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Yeah not really seeing too much difference myself and animal AI is never a good pointer to make in your presentation. "Now we have fish who move away when you get close to them."

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post May 14th, 2020 02:27 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It looks pretty incredible to me.

Old Post May 14th, 2020 04:05 AM
ares834

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I don't see that much of an upgrade from Unreal Engine 4. Then again, I'm kinda over the hyper realistic movie style games tbh.

Diminishing returns. It was true for the last generation leap and it will be even more so for this one.

Old Post May 14th, 2020 04:15 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote