KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Current Gen Console Discussions (PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch (Pro?) OFFICIAL THREAD

Current Gen Console Discussions (PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch (Pro?) OFFICIAL THREAD
Started by: Barker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (134): « First ... « 112 113 [114] 115 116 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

If they are going to change things....they need to change.

1. Rework Mass Effect 1 combat.
2. Rework planet scanning, exploration from Mass Effect 1 and 2.

It says it's a remaster so I don't expect much of a difference.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2020 12:07 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I don't mind the combat, tbh. I'd rather they fix the Mako and the UI/Inventory. But that's me.

Yeah, we'll probably get some nice lighting upgrades and hopefully the textures to match.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 15th, 2020 12:10 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I think it would be nice to have the combat in ME1 to be similar to the combat in ME2 and ME3.

But I agree the inventory could also be made over...and especially the Mako.
Setting up your squadmates in ME1 was a tedious process...especially with all the different types of mods/ammo.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2020 12:26 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
I think it would be nice to have the combat in ME1 to be similar to the combat in ME2 and ME3.

But I agree the inventory could also be made over...and especially the Mako.
Setting up your squadmates in ME1 was a tedious process...especially with all the different types of mods/ammo.

If they were going to tinker with it, then sure, bring it more in line with the others. It just wouldn't be top of my list, was all I meant. I actually enjoyed the RPG aspect of it.

Yeah, it was. Some sort of loadout system would be fun too.

I'll be honest, I am curious about what they might give us as, being a PC player myself, any visual upgrades are unlikely to be that much better than the mods I've used before. If they can somehow top them though, and add all the DLC that was available with say, the bottles of Dr. Pepper, that might make me more interested.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 15th, 2020 01:17 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

How about switching combat to melee based?

Imagine how much fun it would be with a Bayonetta combat system.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2020 01:29 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by -Pr-
If they were going to tinker with it, then sure, bring it more in line with the others. It just wouldn't be top of my list, was all I meant. I actually enjoyed the RPG aspect of it.

Yeah, it was. Some sort of loadout system would be fun too.

I'll be honest, I am curious about what they might give us as, being a PC player myself, any visual upgrades are unlikely to be that much better than the mods I've used before. If they can somehow top them though, and add all the DLC that was available with say, the bottles of Dr. Pepper, that might make me more interested.

I do not know what they will give us...definitely not a remake though...

Will they go the extra mile and add HDR, 4k textures and etc? Probably...

But the thing is....Mass Effect 1 is a bit rough (the framerate was terrible)...so even if it's just an res update but it runs well..I might be still interested considering it's my favourite series.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2020 02:07 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Would absolutely love it if they changed the combat of ME one to be more in line with the rest of the series. Combat in ME1 is so insanely clunky. Joke of a cover system. Also fixing the ui and inventory management would be great.

Maybe make the armor look better too. Armor in that game looks like shit.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2020 06:30 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Phil Spencer gave an interview in which he was asked about the Bethesda deal. His answer kind of hinted that, most likely, those games will now be Xbox exclusive.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2020 11:26 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm surprised. I really thought MS would sell Bethesda Software games like Elder Scrolls and etc on PS5.

So it's going to be Xbox and PC.....I assume PC equals Steam as well.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2020 12:06 AM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
Phil Spencer gave an interview in which he was asked about the Bethesda deal. His answer kind of hinted that, most likely, those games will now be Xbox exclusive.

That sucks. I'm still not sure even with that news if I want to forego a PS5 for the new XBOX. From what I've been hearing it could be many years before a new Fallout or Elder Scrolls game comes out; by then, I will probably be able to buy the new XBOX in addition to having a PS5 already.

Who knows, by then, we may've entered into a new console generation. I don't think it makes much sense for me to suddenly switch from playstation to xbox just because there is a small chance that some new Fallout or ES games MIGHT be made in the very near future.

Perhaps if we had some news from Bethesda that a new game from one of those series was in the works I could then see myself going with XBOX but I've heard nothing about that.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Oct 17th, 2020 04:23 AM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by BackFire

Seems obvious. People were lying to themselves if they thought otherwise.

The only was ES will be on PS5 is if they allow Gamepass on their platform, which will never happen.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2020 05:34 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

https://twitter.com/Hi3cchi/status/1325539952516599810

BARF. More and more Sony just keeps going on disrespecting Japanese devs without care. It's no wonder they're starting to leave and putting their games elsewhere on any system but the PlayStation. Why, for example, you're seeing more niche anime games on Xbox & Nintendo's online stores than before. This will come to bite Sony in the butt one day.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 05:13 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Maybe....I wonder if Game Pass would help that along. Throw it up there and see what happens.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 05:23 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Nemesis X
https://twitter.com/Hi3cchi/status/1325539952516599810

BARF. More and more Sony just keeps going on disrespecting Japanese devs without care. It's no wonder they're starting to leave and putting their games elsewhere on any system but the PlayStation. Why, for example, you're seeing more niche anime games on Xbox & Nintendo's online stores than before. This will come to bite Sony in the butt one day.

And yet people will still defend Sony moving its base from Japan to the US.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 12:35 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Smasandian
Maybe....I wonder if Game Pass would help that along. Throw it up there and see what happens.

Possibly. Xbox is now trying to get Japanese studios to make games for 'em eversince the brand became popular there lately.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...ns-its-claimed/

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 01:07 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Might as well. Doesn't hurt and I would suspect the return on investment would be high.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 07:19 PM
ares834

Maybe the Sega dream will happen... Sega is struggling this year and closed one of their big arcades in Akihabara.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 08:07 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

MS purchasing Sega?

That would be big.......and it also helps MS with PC releases considering Sega owns Total War and Relic Entertainment (who is making Age of Empires 4)

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 08:33 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

https://twitter.com/architectu2/sta...614487281741828

Series X really is a PC being passed & sold off as a console. Go MS.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 12:51 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Interesting that they used a more expensive part.

Yeah, it's essentially a custom made PC with specifically made OS.
I know you can use keyboard and mouse but I believe implementation is up to the developers.

But...if MS told companies they need to have controller and K+M support as standard...it would be a very cheap PC for the graphics it can produce.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 01:48 AM