KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Current Gen Console Discussions (PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch (Pro?) OFFICIAL THREAD

Current Gen Console Discussions (PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch (Pro?) OFFICIAL THREAD
Started by: Barker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (134): « First ... « 115 116 [117] 118 119 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I mean Japan's doing better with the pandemic than other parts of the world.

This is what happens when a brand slowly morphs to appease a different culture. Don't know why they're surprised at the PS decline over there. That and Japan largely prefers handhelds over regular consoles now iirc.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2021 10:46 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
^ There is also the pandemic still around too.

Nope. Japanese gamers even say they don't like Sony's western approach nor their censoring/blocking of games in their own region. It won't surprise me if Sony ever pulls their roots out completely and leave Japan. They clearly don't care about the gamers there anymore.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 01:25 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Nope. Japanese gamers even say they don't like Sony's western approach nor their censoring/blocking of games in their own region. It won't surprise me if Sony ever pulls their roots out completely and leave Japan. They clearly don't care about the gamers there anymore.

I don't see Sony ever doing that. PS is just one brand of Sony's. Anyway, PS did move out of Japan a few years ago. Their new headquarters is in California.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 07:35 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...yle_2d_turrican

Not sure if this is good news or not.

It's nice seeing an official return of a classic. On the other hand, will it be a Nintendo exclusive?

And what will this mean for the Turrican fan game community. They've had a "Mario Maker" like Turrican fan project out for years now, called T2002, a levelpack based system where anyone can make their own map packs and upload them.

Since this is Nintendo, I see a purging happening, the same way they went after Pokemon Uranium (Not that it actually killed the project, nor stopped me from getting it.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2021 04:16 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Sony's going out of it's way now to censor violent games in Japan (more than they already were) and who knows guys, this may even go overseas.

https://nichegamer.com/2021/02/22/s...limbs-in-japan/

Heaven forbid a gamer can pick what they want anymore and was it not Last of Us & God of War that was selling these systems? And people wonder why I'm hesitant on wanting a PS5 when it's controlled by such nincompoops.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2021 03:56 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Final nail in the coffin of shitty consoles.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2021 04:14 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

More on Sony's anti-Japanese shenanigans: the PlayStation CEO has shut down JAPAN Studio behind games like Gravity Rush, Bloodborne, Last Guardian, etc. and is assimilating it to another, more global studio.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2021...-studios-teams/

Funny because not too long ago did that CEO say Japan Studio had no issues yet here we are almost like he lied. I can't believe PlayStation has this wannabe Don Mattrick running loose in their house. Guy like him should've been fired already.

Btw, the PS5 controllers are experiencing drift issues. It's the joycon all over again.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Feb 27th, 2021 at 10:05 PM

Old Post Feb 27th, 2021 09:51 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Japan Studio helped supply a decent amount of first party games. Even if they somehow weren't as high quality as God of War or Last of Us, they were still great games that would be the talk of the internet so throw that away and the only first parties will be the ones we have to wait for longer. Eventually PS fans will be on the same boat as Xbox users on the waning amount of exclusives. This is bad strategy and Xbox now has a chance to one up if they can tap into the Japanese market like they said they're doing. Time for them to put their money where their mouth is.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Feb 28th, 2021 at 06:09 AM

Old Post Feb 28th, 2021 06:06 AM
cdtm

This is why you go indy or go home.

Every single one of those games you mentioned are hot garbage anyways. If God of War and Last of Us are your idea of quality gaming, this proves why console gaming is dead. Because God of War and Last of Us were mediocrity personified, floating on a brand.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2021 03:03 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

God of War was good. TLOU2 on the other hand, is one of the worst games I've ever played.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Feb 28th, 2021 03:17 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Idk if they'll do a Switch "Pro", more likely they'll just make a successor to keep up with the competition.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 28th, 2021 03:19 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
God of War was good. TLOU2 on the other hand, is one of the worst games I've ever played.

GoW kind of felt like a glorified demo to me.

Compared to the packed PS2 sequel, with so many different bosses and scenerios. God of War just seemed spartan by comparison.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2021 03:41 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by cdtm
GoW kind of felt like a glorified demo to me.

Compared to the packed PS2 sequel, with so many different bosses and scenerios. God of War just seemed spartan by comparison.
I like you but it's getting stale to see you say these things.

The ps2 games were mostly repetitive garbage that was kinda fun. The new series is pretty much that, only with different gameplay style and some videogame equivalent of oscar bait mixed in.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2021 04:44 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I like you but it's getting stale to see you say these things.

The ps2 games were mostly repetitive garbage that was kinda fun. The new series is pretty much that, only with different gameplay style and some videogame equivalent of oscar bait mixed in.

The first PS2 game maybe. Second one mixed in the Golden Fleece counter.

That fat snake boss where you leap between hooks and reflect attacks was pretty awesome, I thought.

And in general enemies had different strategies, between Gorgon stone stares, tanks that don't stagger, bosses with gimmicks like invisibility.

Granted, all basic compared to Team Ninja top tier games. But isn't everything?

You want to talk about repetition, objectively speaking the classic Devil May Cry games were all combos, combos, combos. That was literally the point, it was how you farmed orbs or achieved levels.

As far as Modern God of War goes, I'm not saying the gameplay itself is bad. Just that it felt like one act of a complete game.

Like Half Life 2: Episode 2 without the rest of the game.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2021 06:21 PM
cdtm

You know what really grinds my gears?

Games like Hollow Knight and Shovel Knight put so many free expansions into their games. And everyone just complains on why the sequels taking so long.

Like, if The Grimm Troupe was rebranded as "Hollow Knight 2!", wanna bet these same critics would he oohing and ahhing on the "new" release?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2021 09:09 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by cdtm
The first PS2 game maybe. Second one mixed in the Golden Fleece counter.

That fat snake boss where you leap between hooks and reflect attacks was pretty awesome, I thought.

And in general enemies had different strategies, between Gorgon stone stares, tanks that don't stagger, bosses with gimmicks like invisibility.

Granted, all basic compared to Team Ninja top tier games. But isn't everything?

You want to talk about repetition, objectively speaking the classic Devil May Cry games were all combos, combos, combos. That was literally the point, it was how you farmed orbs or achieved levels.

As far as Modern God of War goes, I'm not saying the gameplay itself is bad. Just that it felt like one act of a complete game.

Like Half Life 2: Episode 2 without the rest of the game.
I think you got it backwards, amigo. OG GoW are the good games when DMC, with the deepest combat system this side of fighting games are the repetitive ones? Lol

Old Post Feb 28th, 2021 11:57 PM
cdtm

I think you got it backwards, amigo. OG GoW are the good games when DMC, with the deepest combat system this side of fighting games are the repetitive ones? Lol

Get the Sigma package when it hits Steam. Then we can compare which was the best fighting system. smile

Old Post Mar 1st, 2021 12:02 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Tbh I can't speak about Ninja Gaiden as I've never played it myself.

But I've never seen it compared to DMC so...

Old Post Mar 1st, 2021 01:30 AM
cdtm

Tbh I can't speak about Ninja Gaiden as I've never played it myself.

But I've never seen it compared to DMC so...

I used to see it compared all the time, on various forums.

After finally getting to play it myself on 360 backwards compatibility, I'll just say it's different. In a world where virtually everything used DMC as a base (As they now use Souls), there is nothing quite like Ninja Gaidens mechanics.

It really does make you feel like you're a ninja. A Dragon Ball Z Ninja.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2021 02:01 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Last edited by Nemesis X on Mar 1st, 2021 at 06:07 PM

Old Post Mar 1st, 2021 06:03 PM