KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Current Gen Console Discussions (PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch (Pro?) OFFICIAL THREAD

Current Gen Console Discussions (PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch (Pro?) OFFICIAL THREAD
Started by: Barker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (134): « First ... « 123 124 [125] 126 127 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
I used to assume people like that were stupid, but honestly I just think he's lying.

You made me realise it's been months since I used a controller, so I don't know.

You don't play platformers? Hollow Knight, Salt and Sanctuary? They almost demand a controller.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2021 05:56 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I believe the Xbox Elite 2 Controller uses a orange light when the power is down...not sure what the % would be.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2021 06:10 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Smasandian
I believe the Xbox Elite 2 Controller uses a orange light when the power is down...not sure what the % would be.

So might need the black tape.

Had to tape the sensor beneath the TV too. Wish manufacturers would realize constant blinking things can be distracting to some people.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2021 09:50 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The lights dont blink though....it just stays there.
I dont even notice it at all....

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2021 10:07 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I used to assume people like that were stupid, but honestly I just think he's lying.

Doesnt matter whether is lying or stupidity. Still a callous disregard for what people want in the case of game preservation/backwards compatibility.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2021 10:14 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

You made me realise it's been months since I used a controller, so I don't know.

Got to be lying.

PS2 games have the most playablility out of any era, and I say this as a child of the Intellivision and Nintendo.

In fact I should do a new play of God Hand and Contra Shattered Soldier.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2021 11:05 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Spider-Mam on PS4 is everything good and wrong with modern gaming.

For all intents and purposes it is a retooled Arkham. That's fine, it makes for a spectacular experience, but it says a lot that modern gaming is nothing more than tried and tested systems with little risk.

Lets take a Transformers IP as an example. Fall of Cybertron is one of the best Transformers games ever made. It is also a bog standard Gears of War style third person shooter without the cover mechanics. Warhammer Space Marine is essentially the exact same game, as are tons of similar shooters.

Compare to Transformers Devestation. Radically different gameplay mechanics. Uses alt transformations in combat, mixes up shooter and melee, is extremely fast paced and adrenalin inducing, and perfectly captures the 80's cartoon.

One can argue it rips of Bayonetta and Devil May Cry as Fall of Cybertron rips off Gears. To a point they'd be right, but Devestation also took way more liberties with creating their own combat systems, quests, environmental puzzles, RPG like mechanics and a loot based system.

You aren't gonna find anything like this on PS4 or Xbox One S or PS5.

Essentially it's all about doing what works, and making it bigger.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2021 03:50 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I agree about Spiderman. It's a well made game but I find it utterly boring after web slinging wore off.

Though I do not agree at all about your assessment regarding Transformers Devastation and it's OK to rip off Bayonetta/Devil May Cry...but because it uses a new combat system, it's OK.

Most shooters franchises play different than each other....For instance, both Gears of War and Days Gone are 3rd person action games...but they feel completely different. Shooter mechanics = combat system.

For instance, could you honestly say Call of Duty plays the same as Halo? Nope.

We will rarely see gameplay mechanics completely change now...there are too many games, technology the same.....its an iterative process now....

Look at indie games....they find a genre that works (strategy), then they fill it with other genres (roguelike)....but people always ***** about AAA titles feeling the same.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2021 04:38 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree about Spiderman. It's a well made game but I find it utterly boring after web slinging wore off.

Though I do not agree at all about your assessment regarding Transformers Devastation and it's OK to rip off Bayonetta/Devil May Cry...but because it uses a new combat system, it's OK.

Most shooters franchises play different than each other....For instance, both Gears of War and Days Gone are 3rd person action games...but they feel completely different. Shooter mechanics = combat system.

For instance, could you honestly say Call of Duty plays the same as Halo? Nope.

We will rarely see gameplay mechanics completely change now...there are too many games, technology the same.....its an iterative process now....

Look at indie games....they find a genre that works (strategy), then they fill it with other genres (roguelike)....but people always ***** about AAA titles feeling the same.

Shovel Knight is as paint by the numbers as it gets. Mega Man with a new coat of paint.

I think they get away with it by actually focusing on the content, instead of marking up the bare bones base game and charging dlc for each dlc pack.

In theory. Shovel Knight is a bad example because it jacked up the price of Treasure Trove on each dlc release (And that dlc was already paid for by meeting stretch goals at crowd funding, so wtf are they charging new buyers for??)

Old Post Dec 4th, 2021 09:01 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Some games do that...some games do not.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2021 09:33 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

MS bought Activision for a pretty penny.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2022 03:10 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by cdtm
You don't play platformers? Hollow Knight, Salt and Sanctuary? They almost demand a controller.

I started using one again back in December when I started playing Assassin's Creed again.

And I'm now using one for FF7 Remake on PC.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Doesnt matter whether is lying or stupidity. Still a callous disregard for what people want in the case of game preservation/backwards compatibility.

True.

MS bought Activision for a pretty penny.

I worry about that. In the short-term, it's good that we'll get all those games on game pass. Monopolies are generally bad, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 18th, 2022 03:30 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Glad I bought a Xbox instead of a PS...

Old Post Jan 18th, 2022 04:49 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Even though the will not release Bethesda games on PS....doesn't mean they wont for Activision....though I assume they will make it exclusive for Xbox and PC.

It might be better for PC users because I assume they will release CoD on Steam....which is not the case right now.

I also worry about monopolies as well...but Activision was a pretty terrible company, and getting worst....so this might make their franchises actually better.
It will be interesting to see what MS does with Call of Duty...will it continue to be a per year thing...or will they let Infinity Ward take control of the franchis and get the other devs to make something different.

And it will be interesting to see what they do with Blizzard. Another Starcraft? Maybe an RTS Warcraft?

Old Post Jan 18th, 2022 06:07 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I worry about that. In the short-term, it's good that we'll get all those games on game pass. Monopolies are generally bad, though.

Monopolies aren't good but in the case of Activision Blizzard that was becoming what it was, the company being bought out is probably a saving grace.

But looking at Halo Infinite, I do worry how the IPs will be handled by Xbox too. Crash Bandicoot also getting DRM, Overwatch gonna charge $20 for each of it's cosmetics, etc.?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2022 09:01 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm not sure it would be considered a monopoly. There is already two other console manufactures with various companies underneath them......multiple storefronts in the PC space.....and a fair amount of publishers out there.

I think this might benefit gamers more than if Activision still being independent. Microsoft should have more support for each developer group than what Activision can provide.....and it's clear indication that Microsoft is seriously going after the PC market. They just need to buy Relic Entertainment and they will have all the old RTS franchises....

It would be interested to see what they do with Blizzard and the firms that support CoD. I hope they allow Infinity Ward to take their time with CoD and allow other groups to make something unique or new (assuming they want too)

Old Post Jan 18th, 2022 11:11 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I am curious how this will affect World of Warcraft's subscription fees. You think long as you have Live it's automatically available (with expansions still priced of course)?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2022 12:09 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by ares834
Glad I bought a Xbox instead of a PS...

Xbox is no better when it comes to backwards compatibility, They haven't added anything new in a while because of licenses.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2022 01:51 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I'm curious how Sony can respond to this buyout. With CoD going exclusive (and it will 100% go exclusive don't kid yourself like you did with Elder Scrolls) Microsoft has pretty much cornered the multiplayer gaming market. I've seen a lot of people say Sony should buy other big companies, but they simply don't have the capital to do so. Furthermore, nothing they could buy would match CoD going exclusive.

Originally posted by Nemesis X
I am curious how this will affect World of Warcraft's subscription fees. You think long as you have Live it's automatically available (with expansions still priced of course)?

No chance that it's free with Live. They may offer a reduction in price if you're also subscribed to Gamepass (not live) but there is a lot of money to be had there.

Originally posted by Kazenji
Xbox is no better when it comes to backwards compatibility, They haven't added anything new in a while because of licenses.

I'm obviously talking about teh Actibliz deal... lmao
But your statement about backwards compat is factually untrue. A quick google search shows they added over seventy tiles only two months ago.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2022 04:44 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I knew the context of your previous post was regarding the Actibliz thing... Not sure how it could've been taken any other way.

And yeah, was about to say, there was this from just a couple months ago; some games I enjoyed being able to replay thanks to that update, and even more for other people.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/11/15...ty-76-new-games

Old Post Jan 19th, 2022 04:57 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote