KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Current Gen Console Discussions (PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch (Pro?) OFFICIAL THREAD

Current Gen Console Discussions (PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch (Pro?) OFFICIAL THREAD
Started by: Barker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (134): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Sony released the psOne model around the same time the PS2 came out. Just food for thought. I doubt the new superslim has any baring on the PS4, it's just a model that can be made cheaper and sold for the same price.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Sep 19th, 2012 07:00 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Shouldn't most of the console in-fighting be over by now? For example, how many people will PS4 pull away from current 360 users? Or vice-versa with 720/PS3?

I get that this thread is only discussion, not a "which is better?" debate, but outside of the few freaks who buy multiple consoles (sorry, I know there's a few among us here on KMC), aren't we all just waiting for the sequel to what we have now?

For example, nothing even blips on my radar here except possibly the 720, because I'm fairly entrenched with the 360.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2012 09:05 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
Shouldn't most of the console in-fighting be over by now? For example, how many people will PS4 pull away from current 360 users? Or vice-versa with 720/PS3?

I get that this thread is only discussion, not a "which is better?" debate, but outside of the few freaks who buy multiple consoles (sorry, I know there's a few among us here on KMC), aren't we all just waiting for the sequel to what we have now?

For example, nothing even blips on my radar here except possibly the 720, because I'm fairly entrenched with the 360.

If prior generations are an indication then there can be a significant difference between what people buy when upgrading.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2012 09:09 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Bardock42
If prior generations are an indication then there can be a significant difference between what people buy when upgrading.

...true. Guess I just don't see the culture war over consoles raging like it once did, and figured the companies were pretty entrenched in their fanbases. Probably a product of my age. I'm sure the battle is fierce among the 17-21 crowd.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2012 09:11 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

The console war rages on. It will never end.

Most of us have just outgrown it.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Sep 19th, 2012 09:16 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

That's generally what happens when you become old.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Sep 19th, 2012 09:22 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It just seems console wars are less and less each generation.

Generally, I find that exclusives are getting fewer each generation which in turn decreases the amount of people fighting which console is best.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2012 09:44 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Tzeentch._
That's generally what happens when you become old.

Exactly.

You need only read youtube comments to see how the console war is as wild and intense as it has ever been.

Last edited by Zack Fair on Sep 19th, 2012 at 09:49 PM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2012 09:46 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Yeah the console wars are for children... the Cola Wars are where real men spend their energies! PEPSI OR DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Sep 19th, 2012 10:01 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

I am one of those freaks. I have the 360(kinect), ps3(move), Wii, 3DS, PSP, and my PC. Over all they have things I like and dis-like about them all but the 360 is by far my top system and I have put more effort into my gamerscore then trophies or anything else. The 720 will need to transfer my gamertag and score or I will be disinterested. Same goes for trophies. Honestly I didn't get 62k+ gamerscore and level 7 on my trophies to just lose it. I also will need all the rumors I have heard about the systems to be false. Otherwise it's a waste of my money IMO.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Last edited by BlackZero30x on Sep 19th, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2012 10:39 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I used to have all three until I sold my Wii.

I also play a lot of PC games because Steam is the shit!

Old Post Sep 19th, 2012 10:53 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I'd be willing to sacrifice my gamerscore just for the satisfaction that people who work hard on theirs lose it.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2012 10:55 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by Smasandian
I used to have all three until I sold my Wii.

I also play a lot of PC games because Steam is the shit!

I also play a good bit of PC but I don't have steam. I just buy games I think seem awesome

I'd be willing to sacrifice my gamerscore just for the satisfaction that people who work hard on theirs lose it.

lol Well my score isn't as high as some people I know...the 100k+ area but still if I lost my GS to the 720(I highly doubt that would happen) I would just keep my 360 and play that instead.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2012 11:05 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

laughing out loud

Agreed.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2012 11:18 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by BlackZero30x
I also play a good bit of PC but I don't have steam. I just buy games I think seem awesome

lol Well my score isn't as high as some people I know...the 100k+ area but still if I lost my GS to the 720(I highly doubt that would happen) I would just keep my 360 and play that instead.

If your a PC gamer, you must have Steam. It's a requirement.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2012 01:49 AM
BlackZero30x
Jack

lol I game on anything that will let me really. I in fact am going to buy the $30 retro system that plays nes, 64, and sega games. The thing is with me I don't have lots of money most of the time. All the systems I own I have accumulated over time. Games are the same. Its a rare thing when I actually get to buy a brand new game. I will check it out though. I was on it once looking at prices and if I recall they weren't that bad in price.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2012 02:18 PM
Peach
mordrem

I only have Steam because of the fact that some games, even boxed copies, require you to install it. Which is really kind of bullshit.

I never actually use it for anything. If I could get rid of it and still play Civ 5, I would.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 20th, 2012 02:47 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Have you not played any of the Sony exclusives?

Uncharted, SotC, the R&Cs, etc

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Sep 20th, 2012 06:53 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

^ Knows what he is talking about.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2012 07:14 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

I ****ing deify Steam.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2012 11:29 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote