KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Current Gen Console Discussions (PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch (Pro?) OFFICIAL THREAD

Current Gen Console Discussions (PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch (Pro?) OFFICIAL THREAD
Started by: Barker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (134): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Am I the only person here that buys from good old games?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2012 08:48 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I've bought some from there

but its mostly Steam for me.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2012 08:49 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Barker
Have you not played any of the Sony exclusives?

Uncharted, SotC, the R&Cs, etc

Nope.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2012 01:47 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Phanteros
Am I the only person here that buys from good old games?

You're not. I've bought a couple games from there.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2012 02:26 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Steam is both annoying and useful.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2012 02:55 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Originally posted by Digi
Nope.

I don't even like shooters much and Uncharted does it for me.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Sep 21st, 2012 03:09 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by BackFire
Right now I have no interest in the Wii U. Maybe in a few years when a proper Zelda or Mario game is released I'll pick one up.

This.

The only reason I even own a Wii is for the flagship titles like Mario, Metroid, Zelda, and Donkey Kong. Everything I've read about the Wii-U hasn't impressed me in the slightest. The controller looks even more gimmicky than the Wii remote, in my opinion.

As a die hard Sony fanboy, I believe that the PS4 isn't coming anytime soon. The PS3 has so much more to offer before another console is launched. Hell, the PS2 had a lot more steam left in it, but then Sony hurriedly dropped the PS3 to compete with Microsoft, if you ask me.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 21st, 2012 03:30 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Eh, I'd expect the PS4 to be released around the same time the 720 is. I doubt Sony will make the same mistake again and launch their console a year after their competitors have.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2012 03:46 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I don't even like shooters much and Uncharted does it for me.

I have no idea why it's surprising to you that there are people who don't own every console.

Also, if I got something new to play an exclusive title, it would be a Wii to play Zelda, not a PS. As it is, 360 + PC is more than enough gaming for me atm.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2012 04:39 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I hate Origin.

I know no one mentioned it, but I had to say it.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Sep 21st, 2012 07:58 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

I have no idea why it's surprising to you that there are people who don't own every console.

Also, if I got something new to play an exclusive title, it would be a Wii to play Zelda, not a PS. As it is, 360 + PC is more than enough gaming for me atm.

But Uncharted > Zelda

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Sep 21st, 2012 09:36 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

But Uncharted > Zelda
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 21st, 2012 11:01 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Don't post if you're just going to post gifs that don't contribute anything.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 21st, 2012 11:20 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Contributes in me disagreeing with him to the point of killing him

Old Post Sep 21st, 2012 11:32 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Steam is both annoying and useful.

Yeah it can be

i've run into couple of problems mainly with the games

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, every time i start up steam i keeps asking me to install it and other other one is Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath steam seriously needs to fix it up just can't get the game working properly and the recent HD update just make it worst.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2012 01:51 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Kazenji
Yeah it can be

i've run into couple of problems mainly with the games

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, every time i start up steam i keeps asking me to install it and other other one is Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath steam seriously needs to fix it up just can't get the game working properly and the recent HD update just make it worst.

Skyrim junks up on me occasionally. But for the most part it's cool. I guess I just dislike the omnipresence of it, and how purchases don't have any kind of cross-compatibility outside of Steam.

Some of the game packages are great. Recently I bought the "Jedi Knight" pack with about 5 classic SW games. Cheap, awesome, easy to set up and play.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2012 05:08 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

What do you mean cross-compatibility? Like you bought the game and can't run it through Origin? Or??

If you play PC games, Steam is a necessity pretty much. Want to play a game that's older than a few years, Steam mostly has it. It's cheap, and requires about 1-2 hour download depending on how big the game is. If you love PC gaming, I'm surprised your not using Steam, or something very similar. It's one the reasons why PC gaming is around still.

The one thing though is because Steam is a client, people automatically think that a problem with the game is a Steam issue. It's usually not, if the game is buggy, it's the game, not Steam. (Not saying people issues here are not Steam related)

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2012 09:04 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Smasandian
What do you mean cross-compatibility? Like you bought the game and can't run it through Origin? Or??

If you play PC games, Steam is a necessity pretty much. Want to play a game that's older than a few years, Steam mostly has it. It's cheap, and requires about 1-2 hour download depending on how big the game is. If you love PC gaming, I'm surprised your not using Steam, or something very similar. It's one the reasons why PC gaming is around still.

The one thing though is because Steam is a client, people automatically think that a problem with the game is a Steam issue. It's usually not, if the game is buggy, it's the game, not Steam. (Not saying people issues here are not Steam related)

And if Steam goes under?

I like it. But it's something akin to the audio file that you can't port off of the original device. Clunky though they may be, I have PC game CD's from nearly two decades ago that I can still use on any PC that I want and that I'll always have (OS compatibility notwithstanding - anything can still run, it just sometimes takes a workaround for older games). Same, with, say owning a TV show via XBox Live. I can watch it whenever, but it's also grounded. I can't take it to a friend's, etc.

I get that this is the future of the medium, and for the most part I have no issues with it. It doesn't mean it's without flaws.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2012 09:41 PM
ares834

That's a fair point and one I never considered.

Still, I like how Steam sorta "unites" the PC gaming community. Similar to how X-box live and PS network work.

But Uncharted > Zelda

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2012 09:50 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

And if Steam goes under?

I like it. But it's something akin to the audio file that you can't port off of the original device. Clunky though they may be, I have PC game CD's from nearly two decades ago that I can still use on any PC that I want and that I'll always have (OS compatibility notwithstanding - anything can still run, it just sometimes takes a workaround for older games). Same, with, say owning a TV show via XBox Live. I can watch it whenever, but it's also grounded. I can't take it to a friend's, etc.

I get that this is the future of the medium, and for the most part I have no issues with it. It doesn't mean it's without flaws.

I'm with you on this one.

But I'm also still firmly in the camp of "physical copies are far superior to digital". I simply do not trust everything going all digital.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2012 10:21 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote