KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Current Gen Console Discussions (PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch (Pro?) OFFICIAL THREAD

Current Gen Console Discussions (PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch (Pro?) OFFICIAL THREAD
Started by: Barker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (134): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peach
mordrem

I saw a bit of the conference, but I got bored pretty quickly with the "let's hype everything to death" talk and turned it off after about 20 minutes.

I do not like the controller. The dualshock controllers are incredibly uncomfortable and always have been. They haven't redesigned their controllers since the PSX came out. So it's basically the same old thing with a touchpad tacked on the top in a place that will be hard to use...and it uses a sensor bar.

As one of my friends said, "So...is this the Wii U now?"

I just finally picked up a PS3 in November, and I have yet to actually play anything on it - it's joined my former PSP and now my Vita as "Sony systems I never play". Good thing I'm not really inclined to pick up a PS4 - I'll probably wait a few years until they drop down to $200 as well.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Feb 21st, 2013 02:28 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I'm about an hour into the conference now, and think it has been really great so far. Especially liked the second speaker.

Also Peach, I'd strongly recommend Heavy Rain for the PS3.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Feb 21st, 2013 03:04 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Peach
I saw a bit of the conference, but I got bored pretty quickly with the "let's hype everything to death" talk and turned it off after about 20 minutes.

I do not like the controller. The dualshock controllers are incredibly uncomfortable and always have been. They haven't redesigned their controllers since the PSX came out. So it's basically the same old thing with a touchpad tacked on the top in a place that will be hard to use...and it uses a sensor bar.

As one of my friends said, "So...is this the Wii U now?"

I just finally picked up a PS3 in November, and I have yet to actually play anything on it - it's joined my former PSP and now my Vita as "Sony systems I never play". Good thing I'm not really inclined to pick up a PS4 - I'll probably wait a few years until they drop down to $200 as well.

The Dualshock has been one of the most comfortable controllers to use, personally. The L2/R2 triggers are what needed to be changed.

You can't really fault Sony for YOU not even trying to use the console.

On another note, if you'd like to sell your Vita. I'd be willing to negotiate. stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 21st, 2013 04:39 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i always found ps controllers to be quite comfortable, tbh. Though I have big hands, so maybe that's why.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 21st, 2013 07:09 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by LanceWindu
The Dualshock has been one of the most comfortable controllers to use, personally. The L2/R2 triggers are what needed to be changed.

You can't really fault Sony for YOU not even trying to use the console.

On another note, if you'd like to sell your Vita. I'd be willing to negotiate. stick out tongue

I've hated the Dual shock since the PS1. There's a reason why most off-brand controllers, as well as the Nintendo Pro controller, mimic the shape and layout of the 360 controller.

And it's more that there's only one or two games for it that I have any interest in and that I haven't already played on my Xbox. Little Big Planet, maybe Infamous, and that's about it.

And nah stick out tongue I got it for free and I like the AC game for it, so keeping it.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Feb 21st, 2013 07:22 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Talking of controllers- Nintendo's latest genius move is to releases a demo for Monster Hunter Ultimate on the 3DS, long awaited, and then make the demo incompatible with the controller add-on for the 3DS that you need to play it with any reasonable amount of comfort.

That controller add-on was designed FOR Monster Hunter in the first place in Japan, it is being sold here with a 3DS/Monster Hunter bundle including the add-on, they are just bringing out the XL version of it, the 3DS version of the game is pretty much designed around it... but the demo can't use it. Why make a demo that cannot use the primary control method? Lord knows it is silly enough that they didn't launch the 3DS with a second analogue control in the first place...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 21st, 2013 07:35 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I didn't see the conference. Just stories that come from it.

I wonder how many people will get the PS4 when it's get released when a lot of the announced games are also coming to the PS3?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2013 08:12 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

It looked to me like the new Dualshock may have moved the control sticks further apart, along with making them indented. I think the new controller looks pretty good, though I'll wait and see. I'm with Peach, I'm not a fan of the dual shock in general. I like the 360 controller much more.

Last edited by BackFire on Feb 21st, 2013 at 09:28 PM

Old Post Feb 21st, 2013 09:25 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Smasandian
I didn't see the conference. Just stories that come from it.

I wonder how many people will get the PS4 when it's get released when a lot of the announced games are also coming to the PS3?

For me, personally. I'll wait for the first price drop.

Let the games trickle out so there's a nice variety by the time I pick it up, I'll get it cheaper, and in the meantime PS3 games will get a price drop too. There's a whole ton of PS3 games I've wanted to play, but I'm not getting until the price is right.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2013 10:11 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I own a Wii U and am loving it, the controller is a lot lighter than it looks.

Also, Monster Hunter's looking awesome.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2013 10:20 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I still think I'll buy the 720, knowing absolutely nothing about it. The PS4 event wasn't exciting to me at all. Don't really like what I've read about the Wii U(and they don't seem to sell well, might be trouble for Nintendo, but it's still early).

Maybe Apple will make a fancier Apple TV, I'd go for that. Or the SteamBox.

Also, DualShock is terrible /fact

Last edited by Bardock42 on Feb 21st, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Old Post Feb 21st, 2013 10:21 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Bardock42
I still think I'll buy the 720, knowing absolutely nothing about it. The PS4 event wasn't exciting to me at all. Don't really like what I've read about the Wii U(and they don't seem to sell well, might be trouble for Nintendo, but it's still early).

Maybe Apple will make a fancier Apple TV, I'd go for that. Or the SteamBox.

Also, DualShock is terrible /fact

The 720 will be pretty much on par with PS4. The only difference is controller and exclusives.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2013 10:46 PM
Bardock42

The Interface will be completely different, and so will the offerings outside of gaming, which will likely become a lot more important. The stuff Sony's with this social integration is just not very interesting to me at all, I think they are completely missing what will be successful in this generation of game consoles and in TV and living room gadgets over all. Of course I don't know whether Microsoft will do much better, although the way the 360 has evolved I trust them more than Sony.

(not that the controller alone isn't a wonderful argument to get an Xbox over a PS already)

Old Post Feb 21st, 2013 10:57 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

The Interface will be completely different, and so will the offerings outside of gaming, which will likely become a lot more important. The stuff Sony's with this social integration is just not very interesting to me at all, I think they are completely missing what will be successful in this generation of game consoles and in TV and living room gadgets over all. Of course I don't know whether Microsoft will do much better, although the way the 360 has evolved I trust them more than Sony.

(not that the controller alone isn't a wonderful argument to get an Xbox over a PS already)

Interface is such a small thing for me. The interface of the 360 has changed multiple times. It's a simple firmware patch.

I can almost guarantee Microsoft will pull out the stops for social media interaction too.

The controller for 360 was quite comfortable, but I really don't have a preference. I even have an adapter so I can use the rival companies controller on whichever system I'm using if I want to.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2013 11:16 PM
Bardock42

It's easy to change technically, but very hard in practice. There's little chance of a complete overhaul during the lifespan of the PS4. The Xbox had some more change, however that is mostly due to Microsofts other ventures, and trying to get a uniform look (the UI formerly known as Metro). And I notice more and more that it is very important to me that I feel comfortable and happy with the Interface on my gadgets (currently happy with Xbox not happy with PS3).

Yeah, I don't doubt it, I don't have a problem with social media integration, Sony just hasn't showed anything interesting.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2013 11:21 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I didn't like how the PS4 had the ability to figure out what games you like and then automatically download them before you even buy it.

I also don't care about streaming. Considering games are getting larger and larger in GB's, my net usage will be through the roof.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2013 11:42 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

It's easy to change technically, but very hard in practice. There's little chance of a complete overhaul during the lifespan of the PS4. The Xbox had some more change, however that is mostly due to Microsofts other ventures, and trying to get a uniform look (the UI formerly known as Metro). And I notice more and more that it is very important to me that I feel comfortable and happy with the Interface on my gadgets (currently happy with Xbox not happy with PS3).

Yeah, I don't doubt it, I don't have a problem with social media integration, Sony just hasn't showed anything interesting.

I have a feeling they are holding lots back. They still need to have a killer keynote at E3 and/or PAX.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2013 11:45 PM
Morridini
Morridini

I loved how the Sony conference made in "In your face!" to Nintendo when they showed that the Vita could be used exactly as the WiiU remote when it comes to playing somewhere else.

So far I am very impressed, and it even makes me want a Vita! Let's see what Microsoft has in store for us, hopefully it will match or exceed this.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2013 08:43 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That sort of approach doesn't work. It's the same issue as with the Move, which totally flopped. Gimmicks like that have to be fundamental to the basics of the system, not dependent on any sort of add on. Using a Vita as a PS4 controller will remain a distinctly minority activity.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2013 08:50 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Eh, it does exactly what I find the most interesting about the WiiU (living in a household where quarrel for the only TV sometimes occur), so for me they have my attention.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2013 09:04 AM