KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Current Gen Console Discussions (PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch (Pro?) OFFICIAL THREAD

Current Gen Console Discussions (PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch (Pro?) OFFICIAL THREAD
Started by: Barker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (134): « First ... « 96 97 [98] 99 100 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Demonic Phoenix

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Mar 31st, 2016 05:19 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Meh. I'll stick to one I bought last year. I barely play it.

And most likely not going to mean a big difference. Games are probably going to be tailored to the old PS4 anyways because around 40 million have been sold. Games will probably run better on the new system but it's not going to be huge step up.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2016 06:11 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah. Cool option for those who don't already have the system, but I'm still content enough with the regular one I have.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2016 06:35 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah. I assume Sony will cease production on the old system and only sell the new.

It's a non-story in the end. Personally, I don't see a point because I can only see bad shit happening with an announcement like this.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2016 06:45 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Pretty much. People are thinking that this might mean that consoles are going the way of phones and such in that upgrades will be far more frequent.

I wonder if people will be more inclined to jump ship to PC now.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Mar 31st, 2016 07:01 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I ****ing hope consoles are not going the way of phones. I also don't understand how people can think that.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2016 07:45 PM
cdtm

There's also the theory they might get folded in with those streaming things. Call of Duty between House of Cards or whatever.

Doesn't affect me, I'm a slow gamer and pretty much given up on trends.(Pops in Up Your Arsenal).

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Apr 1st, 2016 at 12:47 AM

Old Post Apr 1st, 2016 12:45 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I do too.

I find it a bit funny that people would think streaming is going to be OK. Gamers are a bit hypocritical if they think streaming is the way of the future. Microsoft releases info regarding the Xbox One having once a day online check where the console needs to be online. I don't really see an issue but people freaked out.

Yet, if streaming is the way of the future, it's a 1000 times worst than the online check.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2016 04:03 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Surprised no one has mentioned this yet: PS4.5/4K.

https://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1202462
https://www.vg247.com/2016/03/28/ps...launch-october/

Yeah.

Say I bought it and once my hunger for some 4K has been sated, I'll realize how much money I wasted on buying a console I already own.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2016 05:29 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I highly doubt the console will be able to 4k game correctly. Most people in the industry think it's purely a 4k video device.

As a pure 4k gaming device, no way, unless they sacrifice texture quality, visual effects and other things to get that resolution to 4k. And if that's the case, what's the point.

Gamespot has been playing Quantum Break and have said it's the best looking Xbox One game out there and it only does 720p. I always felt the resolution thing is bullshit.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2016 12:09 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I've been reading it will only upscale to 4K in games, lol.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Apr 1st, 2016 03:38 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well then, that's pointless. Your basically paying $300 or more to make the games look like backwards compatible titles.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2016 03:49 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2016 09:33 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Got myself a PS4 now, Got a bundle that came with the latest Ratchet & Clank & Uncharted 4.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2016 07:59 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Aug 15th, 2016 12:41 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

PS4 and the PS4 Pro version.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 7th, 2016 08:12 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's ****ing crazy that PS4 Pro does not play 4K Blu Rays. That's batshit crazy.

If I had a 4K HDR TV and was looking into getting a player I'm going to get an Xbox One S.

I can't believe they didn't add one. Because of that, I think the Pro is ****ing pointless.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2016 11:27 PM
Impediment
Endless

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
It's ****ing crazy that PS4 Pro does not play 4K Blu Rays. That's batshit crazy.

If I had a 4K HDR TV and was looking into getting a player I'm going to get an Xbox One S.

I can't believe they didn't add one. Because of that, I think the Pro is ****ing pointless.

That's actually quite stunning to me, too. I was highly anticipating buying the PS4 Pro solely for the 4K player since I have a 4K UHD television. Looks like I just might buy the Xbox One S, as well.

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Oct 11th, 2016 at 05:12 PM

Old Post Sep 7th, 2016 11:35 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

It's really funny seeing how quickly people's opinions flip. Only a few months ago people were bashing Microsoft and praising Sony. Now, suddenly, after PSplus's price has increased and these new PS4's being, well, duds whereas the XBONE S and Project Scorpio show potential it's flipped.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 01:58 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The PS+ price increase itself is rather marginal, though now a yearly subscription for it costs the same as having a year of XBL gold, but my problem is, I don't see anything really different with PSN to justify said price increase.

But yeah, the PS4 Pro is... meh.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 02:05 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote