KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Current Gen Console Discussions (PS4, Xbox One, Switch) OFFICIAL THREAD

Current Gen Console Discussions (PS4, Xbox One, Switch) OFFICIAL THREAD
Started by: Barker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (101): « First ... « 97 98 [99] 100 101 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834
Grand Moff

True. Though Live is certainly the better service right now simply because it doesn't go down every month... I think that is where the bitterness from the price hike really is coming from.

--- You May Fire When Ready ---

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 02:18 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I don't even watch Blu Ray movies.

Please don't hurt me.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 02:23 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

I've hardly use my console to watch them

when i have a player hooked up to the main tv.

Last edited by Kazenji on Sep 8th, 2016 at 02:29 AM

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 02:26 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's still crazy. You might not use it but others do.

I still think the PS4 Pro is a dumb idea. It can't play native 4K games so what's the point?

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 04:26 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Click here to Send Smasandian a Private Message Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

PS Plus yearly subscriptions cost $10 more, the PS4 Pro is pointless, and now Sony has banned mod support for Fallout 4 and Skyrim Special Edition on their systems. What are they thinking doing these?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Sep 14th, 2016 at 06:15 AM

Old Post Sep 14th, 2016 06:03 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

Seems to be more to do with the HDR settings then actual 4K with that new console.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2016 07:39 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
It's still crazy. You might not use it but others do.

I still think the PS4 Pro is a dumb idea. It can't play native 4K games so what's the point?
Separating idiot middle-aged men with too much disposable income and too little standards for their gaming products from said income.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Sep 14th, 2016 02:34 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
@#$%

Originally posted by Nemesis X
I don't even watch Blu Ray movies.

Please don't hurt me.

Heck, I still watch VHS's occasionally.

At about a buck a pop or less for a special edition case at the yearly town book fairs, you can't really beat it (Spend more on coffee then that.)

Old Post Sep 14th, 2016 10:16 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

So... the Nintendo Switch? Kinda glad now the Wii brand's finally dead so there won't be another Wii U kind of flop.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 04:41 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Meh.

I understand the decision to combine both handheld with console because they are successful at the handheld business.

But as a hybrid? I'm not sure. I think it's too big for a handheld and probably not powerful enough to compete with the upcoming new consoles from MS/Sony.

And I think those "snap" controllers look ridiculous and the idea that somebody would setup a system like that on a train is utterly ridiculous. That guy looked like a ****ing idiot. The problem I see is that there is already things out there that can do this. If you need to browse the Internet, you have your phone. If you need to do more involved gaming, bring your tablet (most likely already have) and if you really want to play Skyrim, you most likely have a laptop anyways with Steam installed.

And one problem I do see is that developers will most likely make a "console" like game or "handheld" like game and it might muddy the waters a bit. For instance, if you are gamer, you most likely have a PC and a console. Are you willing to re-buy Skyrim just so you can play it on the go? I don't think the majority will do that.

Last edited by Smasandian on Oct 20th, 2016 at 05:12 PM

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 05:10 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Click here to Send Smasandian a Private Message Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834
Grand Moff

Hmm, I think it has potential. Itís so much more interesting than just another box and the gimmick, this time, seems to be of use. The real questions if the system has enough power to keep up with the PS4 and Xbone and if Nintendo can continue to garner 3rd party support.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 08:34 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
@#$%

I hope this custom chip is more powerful then a Tegra 3.

Because I've been gaming on a T3 tablet since 2012, and the games aren't all that bad looking..

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 09:28 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Probably not. Or at least without any strain on the battery.

I find it funny that people are like, "they have 3rd party support" when every Nintendo console starts to have 3rd party support.

It's continued third party support and like always, I'm guessing the Switch gets the short end of the stick when it comes to multi-platform games.

Especially considering how necessary online gaming is.

I just don't think the handheld aspect is going to push people to get away from their Sony/MS consoles, or PC.

If your going to buy it, it's probably because of Nintendo games and those are becoming less and less important to buy.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 10:37 PM
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

Depends on the interest and quality of said Nintendo games, but yeah. While the Switch seems to have a good start for claimed 3rd party support and a better initial lineup of games than the Wii U, will have to see if 3rd party support is something they can actually keep/maintain. There was confidence Nintendo had gained strong 3rd party support again with the Wii U, but look how that turned out.

If Nintendo's still not generally as online oriented with their system/games and continues to live in the stone age when it comes to that, that'll hurt 'em again too long run with like 3rd parties. Why have games ported to their system if they don't have online while the other versions of said games do?

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Oct 20th, 2016 at 11:45 PM

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 11:43 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I will believe when I see it.

But the last two consoles have been barren in regards to third party support and the GameCube wasn't that great as well.

I just think the console is trying to blend two things together and that requires two different philosophies in hardware design. There is got to be compromises during design.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 01:56 AM
ares834
Grand Moff

Originally posted by Smasandian
'I just don't think the handheld aspect is going to push people to get away from their Sony/MS consoles, or PC.

But that's the thing, they are not trying to. Which is a smart thing to do, as they would never do so. Nintendo is often considered "kiddy" and many "hardcore" gamers would never buy the device. Furthermore, many people have already bought such a console and have no need for a new one.

As for 3rd party support, I expect it will certainly do better in that regard than the Wii and WiiU. It simply doesn't have gimmicks that the game designers have to design around. Furthermore, companies that make games for handheld devices will also be on it. And for me, that's the kicker. This will have the library for both the WiiU and the 3DS. I'll get my console Zelda game, Mario games, etc... and my pokemon, fire emblems, etc.. all on one system.

Over the past few years, I've thought Nintendo should go handheld only and release console games on other consoles. This is just as good, at least for me, as I always was going to buy the next Nintendo handheld.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 02:05 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Biggest news for me from the trailer was that there's a new 3d Mario game in development apparently. I'll buy the console just for that.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 02:06 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by ares834
But that's the thing, they are not trying to. Which is a smart thing to do, as they would never do so. Nintendo is often considered "kiddy" and many "hardcore" gamers would never buy the device. Furthermore, many people have already bought such a console and have no need for a new one.

As for 3rd party support, I expect it will certainly do better in that regard than the Wii and WiiU. It simply doesn't have gimmicks that the game designers have to design around. Furthermore, companies that make games for handheld devices will also be on it. And for me, that's the kicker. This will have the library for both the WiiU and the 3DS. I'll get my console Zelda game, Mario games, etc... and my pokemon, fire emblems, etc.. all on one system.

Over the past few years, I've thought Nintendo should go handheld only and release console games on other consoles. This is just as good, at least for me, as I always was going to buy the next Nintendo handheld.

This happens every single time Nintendo releases a new console.

"Well, there will probably do a better job with 3rd party support"...and it doesn't happen.

I agree that they should of done a new handheld and release games on other consoles because there is no way a hybrid console will be better designed than a standalone handheld.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 02:43 AM
ares834
Grand Moff

Except, this time there is real reason to believe it will. Without gimmicks that companies have to design around, the systems infrastructure will be the biggest problem. Do I except it will have as much support as the PS4 or Xbone? No, of course not. But I certainly expect better than either the Wii or Wii U. But I guess we will see over the coming years.

And I'll have to disagree with the last part. While it is a hybrid console, it's effectively a handheld. The biggest problem I foresee with it is size, screen protection, and battery life.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 03:06 AM
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

Originally posted by ares834

Regarding the kiddy label Nintendo often gets as you mentioned, be that as it may, I did like how, funnily enough, everyone in the Switch trailer were all at the very least young adults playing, so could say the system was marketed more towards that audience or demographic than well, kids.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 03:18 AM