KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Breaking Bad

Breaking Bad
Started by: Darth Vicious

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (31): « First ... « 26 27 [28] 29 30 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Both instances were Heisenberg/Walt using his head.

Fring was before he succumbed to ego and passion,
The Aryans were after his ego was shattered and he had time to reflect, and get back to using his loaf again.

He probably intended to take out ALL of the Aryans in one volley and live and escape possibly with the money they stole.
Two things that didn't go according to that plan.

Doubt that considering the effort he spent into getting the remainder of his 9 mil to his son via the Schwartz-proxies, and the way he asked Jesse to finish him off.
Originally posted by Mindset
I don't think Walt planned on living.

I doubt he wanted to die in jail.

I more or less agree with this guy.
Originally posted by quanchi112
Walt was lucky the entire time here and there in varying degrees.

No, that was out thinking Gus. Hardly any lucky at all just manipulating Gus.

Walt was far luckier against the Nazis. Every one else has pointed out all the reasons. You love Gus and are flat out looking ridiculous here.

The show referenced Walt's luck as a part of his powerset. He beat Gus. He is better. Case closed. The show demonstrated it and it what happened. No point in arguing against the facts.

He was lucky that Gus' guy didn't pick up his scent while scouring the hospital for any possible traps.

He was also lucky that Gus himself decided to show up to do the deed(finishing Tio) instead of letting his henchman do it.

Nope, he had luck against Gus but relied on his smarts to the most extent against Nazis.

And a big lol at you trying to subscribe to popular opinion given your continuous track record of dismissing it majority of the times when it suits you.

As said before, Word of God in the form of Vince Gillian agrees with me while your own delusion-fueled ego(coupled with Badger and Skinny Pete's level of intellect) agrees with you.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2013 07:27 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Well if he had escaped, he might not have died in jail.
He wasn't going to escape.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Oct 11th, 2013 08:09 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Doubt that considering the effort he spent into getting the remainder of his 9 mil to his son via the Schwartz-proxies, and the way he asked Jesse to finish him off.

I more or less agree with this guy.

He was lucky that Gus' guy didn't pick up his scent while scouring the hospital for any possible traps.

He was also lucky that Gus himself decided to show up to do the deed(finishing Tio) instead of letting his henchman do it.

Nope, he had luck against Gus but relied on his smarts to the most extent against Nazis.

And a big lol at you trying to subscribe to popular opinion given your continuous track record of dismissing it majority of the times when it suits you.

As said before, Word of God in the form of Vince Gillian agrees with me while your own delusion-fueled ego(coupled with Badger and Skinny Pete's level of intellect) agrees with you.
He was not lucky there Gus was just stupid. He was lucky they let him park the car where he wanted. He was lucky they did not kill him and he got his keys back.

You're a Gus Fring fanboy which is hilarious since you champion a loser.

The show made it clear. Walt beat him. Case closed. Manipulated him and in a humiliating fashion. Thats word of the show. Canon.

Fring died. Walt had him killed by a man who tortured him in the past and still got to kill him. Bye bye Fring.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2013 02:42 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
justnic
Totally Sweet

Re: Breaking Bad

Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I'm surprised there isn't a thread for this awesome show. Bryan Cranston's acting is phenomenal. Giancarlo Esposito is also outstanding in the the show. Top notch acting.

Be warned, the video attached contains spoilers (seasons 1-4)

I agree, Bryan Cranston is a great actor, but sometimes I do think about "Hal". It's hard not to. I noticed he ends up in his underwear, a lot. I'm only into season two just now though.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2013 07:40 AM
justnic is currently offline Click here to Send justnic a Private Message Find more posts by justnic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

He was not lucky there Gus was just stupid. He was lucky they let him park the car where he wanted. He was lucky they did not kill him and he got his keys back.

You're a Gus Fring fanboy which is hilarious since you champion a loser.

The show made it clear. Walt beat him. Case closed. Manipulated him and in a humiliating fashion. Thats word of the show. Canon.

Fring died. Walt had him killed by a man who tortured him in the past and still got to kill him. Bye bye Fring.

He was absolutely lucky. Nope, they seemed to object at first but then didn't give a damn because to them it didn't arouse any suspicion.

Stating simple facts doesn't make one a fanboy, fanboy. Not to mention that Fring being the smartest mofo on the show is claimed by Vince Gillian, not me.

Ah, the predictable "lalala.....trolololol" routine which you carry out every time you get an ass-whooping in a debate.

By all means, carry on. Your clownish antics are a sight for my sore eyes.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2013 03:42 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

He was absolutely lucky. Nope, they seemed to object at first but then didn't give a damn because to them it didn't arouse any suspicion.

Stating simple facts doesn't make one a fanboy, fanboy. Not to mention that Fring being the smartest mofo on the show is claimed by Vince Gillian, not me.

Ah, the predictable "lalala.....trolololol" routine which you carry out every time you get an ass-whooping in a debate.

By all means, carry on. Your clownish antics are a sight for my sore eyes.
No, he was not against Gus. He mentally outplayed him and was not even in harms way. Perfect plan.

Being smarter doesn't make you better. Intellect alone is unless in a fight. Walt a better. Intelligence is hard to gauge anyways and doesn't really determine superiority as it is just one attribute.

Walt lived and Fring died. Doesn't get much clearer than that.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2013 04:00 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

No, he was not against Gus. He mentally outplayed him and was not even in harms way. Perfect plan.

Being smarter doesn't make you better. Intellect alone is unless in a fight. Walt a better. Intelligence is hard to gauge anyways and doesn't really determine superiority as it is just one attribute.

Walt lived and Fring died. Doesn't get much clearer than that.

He was lucky, and all the relevant instances have already been pointed out. Gus was the greatest threat he ever faced, and that too for a reason. That's why show makers claimed that they couldn't create a smarter or more menacing threat than Gus. Vince Gillian admitted Walt got lucky against Gus.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2013 12:43 PM
quanchi112
Disney

He was lucky, and all the relevant instances have already been pointed out. Gus was the greatest threat he ever faced, and that too for a reason. That's why show makers claimed that they couldn't create a smarter or more menacing threat than Gus. Vince Gillian admitted Walt got lucky against Gus.
No, he was not in harms way at all. He destroyed Gus in a manner he wasn't vulnerable in the slightest.

Walt outplayed him. Walt was far luckier against the Aryans than dead guy Gus.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2013 03:52 PM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

No, he was not in harms way at all. He destroyed Gus in a manner he wasn't vulnerable in the slightest.

Walt outplayed him. Walt was far luckier against the Aryans than dead guy Gus.

Except he felt he was. That's why he had that anon tip sent to the DEA to ensure Hank and the family were safe. I mean the guy had just come from being put in black mask at gunpoint in the desert.

Walt wasn't lucky against the Aryans either. He had a specific plan to take them out, which was executed to near-perfection. Against them, he was on pure offense. Against Gus, it was defense.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2013 05:17 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Except he felt he was. That's why he had that anon tip sent to the DEA to ensure Hank and the family were safe. I mean the guy had just come from being put in black mask at gunpoint in the desert.

Walt wasn't lucky against the Aryans either. He had a specific plan to take them out, which was executed to near-perfection. Against them, he was on pure offense. Against Gus, it was defense.
Yes, he was ad after that point he annihilated Gus. Crushed him in humiliating fashion,

Yes, he was and it was only luck and chance which allowed him to live there. Most of the plan was left to chance. Everyone else has already rammed this home to you, Gus is dead.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2013 12:02 AM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Yes, he was ad after that point he annihilated Gus. Crushed him in humiliating fashion,

Yes, he was and it was only luck and chance which allowed him to live there. Most of the plan was left to chance. Everyone else has already rammed this home to you, Gus is dead.

He did so by getting lucky. Vince Gillian admitted so. Prior to the hospital bombing, every move that Walt made, Gus was one step ahead.

Nope, he went to their own turf and took them down like the redneck dumbasses that they were. Luck had no role, only Walt's smarts and resourcefulness.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2013 10:13 AM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I still maintain that Walt getting his keys back was a spot of luck, however small you may think that was, it was still a bit of luck. Was he luckier than he was against Fring? Maybe, maybe not, I'll let you and Quan battle that out. But there was still, however trivial you may think it, a piece of fortune that went Walt's way, as there was throughout pretty much his entire Heisenberg career.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Oct 16th, 2013 09:33 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by samhain
I still maintain that Walt getting his keys back was a spot of luck, however small you may think that was, it was still a bit of luck. Was he luckier than he was against Fring? Maybe, maybe not, I'll let you and Quan battle that out. But there was still, however trivial you may think it, a piece of fortune that went Walt's way, as there was throughout pretty much his entire Heisenberg career.

I disagree. Walt improvised in that scenario by playing on Jack's ego. In the case of Gus and Tuco however, he was truly lucky.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2013 01:16 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I disagree. Walt improvised in that scenario by playing on Jack's ego. In the case of Gus and Tuco however, he was truly lucky.

Okay, but the guy throwing his keys on the pool table and not keeping them in his pocket while he stayed outside and smoked cigarettes or entered the room but stayed on the other side away from Walt had absolutely nothing to do with Walt, it was a piece of good fortune that he was able to take full advantage of, he had no control over what that guy did with his keys, therefore it was luck IMO. It wasn't all down to luck, not even close, it was a good plan by Walt, but not without some luck.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2013 09:58 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by samhain
Okay, but the guy throwing his keys on the pool table and not keeping them in his pocket while he stayed outside and smoked cigarettes or entered the room but stayed on the other side away from Walt had absolutely nothing to do with Walt, it was a piece of good fortune that he was able to take full advantage of, he had no control over what that guy did with his keys, therefore it was luck IMO. It wasn't all down to luck, not even close, it was a good plan by Walt, but not without some luck.

How do you know he was could have kept them in his pockets? For all we know, Jack must have ordered his man to show everything that Walt might have had on his person. Listen, all of this belongs to the realm of speculation. Walt had a plan, it seemingly ran into a snag when his keys were taken away, and Walt improvised by playing on Jack's ego which gave him enough time to get the keys back and execute his plan in motion. No luck involved whatsoever.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2013 03:45 PM
quanchi112
Disney

He did so by getting lucky. Vince Gillian admitted so. Prior to the hospital bombing, every move that Walt made, Gus was one step ahead.

Nope, he went to their own turf and took them down like the redneck dumbasses that they were. Luck had no role, only Walt's smarts and resourcefulness.
He can have his opinion but he was not lucky against Fring. He annihilated him mentally.

Walt needed luck and don't downplay the Aryans who destroyed Hank.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2013 05:24 AM
Mindset

Are you two still arguing about this show?

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Oct 20th, 2013 05:48 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

He knows I am right and needs to pay for his crimes.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2013 05:54 AM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

He can have his opinion but he was not lucky against Fring. He annihilated him mentally.

Walt needed luck and don't downplay the Aryans who destroyed Hank.

Vince Gillian is the creator. His opinion is Word of God as far as the series is concerned. Do you not know what Word of God means?

Walt needed luck against Gus and Tuco. Walt beat the Nazis with his cleverness. Facts.

It's quanchi's last-word syndrome kicking into gear. Unfortunately, he's unaware that I have a more pronounced version of it.
He knows I am right and needs to pay for his crimes.

You lost the moment you decided to keep a 4-day gap between repsonses. thumb down

Last edited by TheGodKiller02 on Oct 20th, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Old Post Oct 20th, 2013 10:26 AM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

How do you know he was could have kept them in his pockets? For all we know, Jack must have ordered his man to show everything that Walt might have had on his person.

Where are you getting that from? You're glossing over whatever doesn't fit with your theory IMO, that's something I'd expect from Quan.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2013 05:39 PM