KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » WB Marketing/Research survey LCBS

WB Marketing/Research survey LCBS
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

WB Marketing/Research survey LCBS

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...y/news/?a=67796

Lol, really? I mean if this is accurate...WTF.

quote:
An undercover Warner Bros. marketing/research team ventured into an undisclosed comic book shop and began asking a series of question to gauge what fans reactions are to Marvel Studios, the Justice League and Frank Miller. Here are the highlights of said covert operation---

-They entered posing as fans, but it was obvious to staff by the time they finished their first question that they were not.

-One of their first questions was whether fans would accept a DC superhero movie without Christopher Nolan directing and if he served as a producer, would that placate fans?

- They also asked what fans thought of Aquaman and what roster would fans want for the Justice League?

- They reportedly mocked the Ant-Man film only to become worried when the staff said it would probably be cool.

- They appeared extremely interested in discussing the obscure characters that were related to the Justice League.

-The final question was "What would fan reaction be to a Justice League movie with Frank Miller’s name attached?”

It is quite mind boggling that DC apparently has no idea how best to put together a film franchise outside of Nolan's Dark Knight Saga.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2012 05:00 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Wow that's crazy, although I guess it could just be called research.

It's mostly funny how secretive they were about it laughing out loud

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 25th, 2012 05:18 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It amazes me that the people in charge of making comic book films have no clue about the characters they are planning to use, and think the best way to 'research' said characters is to troll people who actually read comics.

...And people wonder why Marvel's film industry>DC's.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 25th, 2012 05:22 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
It amazes me that the people in charge of making comic book films have no clue about the characters they are planning to use, and think the best way to 'research' said characters is to troll people who actually read comics.

...And people wonder why Marvel's film industry>DC's.
True

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 25th, 2012 05:24 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

WB are, and have been for a while, a bunch of tards.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 25th, 2012 08:28 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

If I was there, I would say Aquaman is still a character to be made fun of, an Ant-Man movie would be a waste of time, and keep Frank Miller the hell away from any DC (or Marvel) film property. The man's head is stuck in Sin City and he can't get it out.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 26th, 2012 02:53 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by roughrider
If I was there, I would say Aquaman is still a character to be made fun of, an Ant-Man movie would be a waste of time, and keep Frank Miller the hell away from any DC (or Marvel) film property. The man's head is stuck in Sin City and he can't get it out.
Depending on how they did it Aquaman could be awesome, Ant-Man could be good. Frank Miller part is probably true.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 28th, 2012 12:37 PM
Senor Cage

Stop saying, "DC". They have no control over what WB puts out.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2012 06:56 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

A Hank Pym movie featuring his identities as Ant-Man and Giant-Man and maybe with Ultron in it would be good

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Sep 29th, 2012 08:01 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Golgo13
Stop saying, "DC". They have no control over what WB puts out.

They have enough input to put together a decent film franchise if they were so inclined. Especially considering Johns' chief role is basically helping DC in other mediums including movies and the like.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2012 12:12 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Lol, oh DC.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2012 03:35 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
They have enough input to put together a decent film franchise if they were so inclined. Especially considering Johns' chief role is basically helping DC in other mediums including movies and the like.

But they are not and that is the point. ULTIMATELY it's WB studios that green lights their stuff. DC doesn't have their own studios like Marvel does.

Though, with DC Entertainment and Diane Nelson at the helm, DC's properties has grown over the years, so that is a plus.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2012 06:43 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Seriously, do you work at DC or something?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2012 12:13 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by JakeTheBank

Sounds like WB are just ignoring John's and pretending he doesn't exist.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2012 12:58 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One-Punch
B-Class Hero

Prep-man is obviously one of those undercover WB/DC agents in the article sent to infiltrate KMC. He promotes DC movies, brings up threads with obscure DC characters, has all this knowledge of DC movie productions, and makes one-sided DC versus threads. The dots are too easy to connect, he's one of them!

Old Post Sep 30th, 2012 04:41 PM
One-Punch is currently offline Click here to Send One-Punch a Private Message Find more posts by One-Punch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Johns is a consultant, nothing more. It's not like he green lights projects. It's not a big deal.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2012 06:12 PM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Kazenji
Sounds like WB are just ignoring John's and pretending he doesn't exist.

Didn't he have say over the Green Lantern movie? No wonder the executives are ignoring him. That's why WB brought in Nelson, so their properties can grow and it has worked so far.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2012 06:17 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Golgo13
Didn't he have say over the Green Lantern movie? No wonder the executives are ignoring him. That's why WB brought in Nelson, so their properties can grow and it has worked so far.

What's grown? Nothing new has happened on the big screen front since the Green Lantern debacle. They're sticking with the safer bets, Batman and Superman (and he isn't as safe a bet as Batman, currently), and recycling the Smallville formula for properties like Green Arrow (I'm not calling it just 'Arrow') and another try with Wonder Woman after the failed TV exercise last year. The Justice League movie so far is nothing but hot air and confused ideas.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 30th, 2012 10:58 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by roughrider
What's grown? Nothing new has happened on the big screen front since the Green Lantern debacle. They're sticking with the safer bets, Batman and Superman (and he isn't as safe a bet as Batman, currently), and recycling the Smallville formula for properties like Green Arrow (I'm not calling it just 'Arrow') and another try with Wonder Woman after the failed TV exercise last year. The Justice League movie so far is nothing but hot air and confused ideas.

There are other avenues besides movies. Currently DC Nation is pretty big on Cartoon Network and WB is still doing quality shows. Arrow and a new Wonder Woman show is in the works. Not to mention video games as well. You'll have Injustice Gods Among Us and JLA in the prequel to Batman Arkham series. Diane Nelson has done a solid job so far and will probably continue to grow. That is the primary reason WB hired her.

So far, WB has hired a legit screen writer for the new JL movie (has been in the works for almost a year) and they just need to grab a solid director.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2012 11:01 PM
WhiteWitchKing

Um yeah while DC is working on their cartoons, Marvel is finishing up their Iron Man franchise, working on sequels for Thor and Captain America, expanding into space with the Guardians of the Galaxy, and secured Whedon for sequels of their billion dollar hit The Avengers.

So while DC is moving along and occasionally saying other movie franchise are in the works, everybody else is losing their patience. Cartoons are great but people want live action. They've seen enough incarnations of animated DC. By the time Darkseid comes to the big screens, all the kiddies will think he's just a Thanos clone. Lol.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2012 04:52 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote