KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » WB Marketing/Research survey LCBS

WB Marketing/Research survey LCBS
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Only fanboys lose patience. WB is the most profitable studio pretty much each year. They no longer have the luxury of the Potter franchise and Nolan's Batman has ended this year. There is a reason why no DC movie will come out other than Man of Steel, so they can have a clear path on what to do. Movies just don't pump out and if they do rush it, it will most likely suck. Which is to say most super hero films.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2012 05:49 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Endless Mike
A Hank Pym movie featuring his identities as Ant-Man and Giant-Man and maybe with Ultron in it would be good

IMO, they played the Thanos card wayyyy too early. Would have been nice if Avengers 2 had something to do with Ant Man and Ultron. Ultron could jack a few Iron Man armors and Thor and Hulk going to town on Stark's pricey toys would make a helluva fight scene, IMO. stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 1st, 2012 06:00 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Golgo13
Didn't he have say over the Green Lantern movie? No wonder the executives are ignoring him. That's why WB brought in Nelson, so their properties can grow and it has worked so far.

No, he didn't have say. He was just brought on set to see how it was going.

There are other avenues besides movies. Currently DC Nation is pretty big on Cartoon Network and WB is still doing quality shows. Arrow and a new Wonder Woman show is in the works. Not to mention video games as well. You'll have Injustice Gods Among Us and JLA in the prequel to Batman Arkham series. Diane Nelson has done a solid job so far and will probably continue to grow. That is the primary reason WB hired her.

So far, WB has hired a legit screen writer for the new JL movie (has been in the works for almost a year) and they just need to grab a solid director.

The Arkham prequel is a rumour, that's all.

Only fanboys lose patience. WB is the most profitable studio pretty much each year. They no longer have the luxury of the Potter franchise and Nolan's Batman has ended this year. There is a reason why no DC movie will come out other than Man of Steel, so they can have a clear path on what to do. Movies just don't pump out and if they do rush it, it will most likely suck. Which is to say most super hero films.

WB has shown a disturbing lack of knowledge and enthusiasm when it comes to comic book properties on the big screen, though.

Green Lantern could have, and should have been much better.

If Man of Steel doesn't do well, which is up in the air at this point, DC is going to have a hard time coming back from it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 1st, 2012 06:04 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I thought the Arkham prequel news was released on Newsarama. And I'm not disputing that WB has no clue, HOWEVER they are a all genre studio that doesn't specify in super heroes. Which is why it's a good thing to hire consultants. Frank Miller being the latest rumor.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2012 06:22 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

This was the link I was talking about, PR...

http://www.newsarama.com/film/arkha...ice-league.html

Old Post Oct 1st, 2012 06:28 AM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by Nibedicus
IMO, they played the Thanos card wayyyy too early. Would have been nice if Avengers 2 had something to do with Ant Man and Ultron. Ultron could jack a few Iron Man armors and Thor and Hulk going to town on Stark's pricey toys would make a helluva fight scene, IMO. stick out tongue

That sounds like it would be good. Also they could have used Kang for an Avengers movie villain.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Oct 1st, 2012 08:14 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

This was the link I was talking about, PR...

http://www.newsarama.com/film/arkha...ice-league.html

Yeah, I remember reading it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 1st, 2012 08:20 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Re: WB Marketing/Research survey LCBS

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...y/news/?a=67796

Lol, really? I mean if this is accurate...WTF.

It is quite mind boggling that DC apparently has no idea how best to put together a film franchise outside of Nolan's Dark Knight Saga.

It's just sooooo SAD!

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2012 10:24 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Endless Mike
That sounds like it would be good. Also they could have used Kang for an Avengers movie villain.

Thanos is the heavy everyone wants to see. They are holding him back as much as they need to - it would have been too early to have the Avengers fighting him openly in the first film.

I'm not so high on the idea of Kang as a villain. People who are capable of time travel, it requires too much suspension of disbelief as to why they don't just travel far back enough to settle any problem they have. It's something I don't like in comics.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2012 03:09 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by roughrider
Thanos is the heavy everyone wants to see. They are holding him back as much as they need to - it would have been too early to have the Avengers fighting him openly in the first film.

I'm not so high on the idea of Kang as a villain. People who are capable of time travel, it requires too much suspension of disbelief as to why they don't just travel far back enough to settle any problem they have. It's something I don't like in comics.
Maybe comic fans want to see him, but I think they played him well. I don't like the idea of Kang either.

Personally I don't think they played the Thanos card to early. It makes sense to have him as the big bad for the next one. He links everything that has happened so far quite nicely.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2012 03:25 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I'd rather see Kang than Thanos. I think a lot of people would be open to time travel, if done right.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2012 05:47 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I'd rather see Kang than Thanos. I think a lot of people would be open to time travel, if done right.
It's hard to do time travel right and it would be so out of left field based on what all the other movies were built on.

In the long list of Avengers Villains Kang would be low for me.

I would rather see Ultron than Kang.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2012 06:11 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Another problem doing Kang right, is that he's the descendent of both Doctor doom and Reed Richards. That could put him under the Fantastic Four banner, who's screen-rights are still owned by Fox.

Ultron gets in line at least before Kang. it's a natural way to bring Hank Pym and Janet into the lineup.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2012 09:58 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Except that, sadly, if the rumours are true Hank Pym will be little more than a supporting character in the Ant-Man movie.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2012 10:37 PM
gogogadgetgo

Originally posted by Newjak
Maybe comic fans want to see him, but I think they played him well. I don't like the idea of Kang either.

Personally I don't think they played the Thanos card to early. It makes sense to have him as the big bad for the next one. He links everything that has happened so far quite nicely.

I agree. The avengers had to deal with aliens and stuff, having a villain from earth would be retarded for the next film. Thanos is a fitting Villain for the next movie as their going bigger and badder, and who else is bigger and badder than Thanos?

Galactus maybe, but they ruined him in the FF movie so no..Thanos it is!

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2012 09:32 AM
gogogadgetgo is currently offline Click here to Send gogogadgetgo a Private Message Find more posts by gogogadgetgo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

I'm with you with that

Old Post Oct 4th, 2012 01:12 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

IMO, they played the Thanos card wayyyy too early.
Another viewpoint is this: It's only too early, if it doesn't work. If it works, it's fine. Let's face it, I've had trepidation as well for them introducing Thanos here. But that's just fear that they do the job poorly. And I was feelin that way back when Thor and Captain America were being fast-tracked towards Avengers.

I would have loved Ultron. But it's not exactly easy to go from intergalactic army led by an interdimensional god of evil ---> evil crazy robot. The idea of Avengers is "foes that none of them could defeat on their own." People don't know Ultron and frankly, a killer robot running amok just wouldn't resonate with the general audience as being more dangerous than Loki, let alone Loki + alien army.

Sometimes you gotta up the ante.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Oct 4th, 2012 02:34 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DragonRider19
Kurt Phucking Angle

Originally posted by ODG
Another viewpoint is this: It's only too early, if it doesn't work. If it works, it's fine. Let's face it, I've had trepidation as well for them introducing Thanos here. But that's just fear that they do the job poorly. And I was feelin that way back when Thor and Captain America were being fast-tracked towards Avengers.

I would have loved Ultron. But it's not exactly easy to go from intergalactic army led by an interdimensional god of evil ---> evil crazy robot. The idea of Avengers is "foes that none of them could defeat on their own." People don't know Ultron and frankly, a killer robot running amok just wouldn't resonate with the general audience as being more dangerous than Loki, let alone Loki + alien army.

Sometimes you gotta up the ante.

Yeah but it's not like ultron has to fight the avengers by himself. Like mentioned above ultron could steal the older iron man armors. Or he could make his own robots (setting up for the vision) ... my only concern with thanos being in avengers 2 is where are they gonna go after that? Not only can thanos wreck the avengers as they are now, they're gonna have to go even stronger for avengers 3. I mean where are they gonna go after thanos? It doesn't get much bigger than him for the avengers.

The Ankle Butcher, Patriotic Entity,
Earths Mightiest Hero, KURT PHUCKING ANGLE.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2012 04:44 AM
DragonRider19 is currently offline Click here to Send DragonRider19 a Private Message Find more posts by DragonRider19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by -Pr-
Except that, sadly, if the rumours are true Hank Pym will be little more than a supporting character in the Ant-Man movie.

That's rather stupid if it turns out to be true, An Ant-Man movie where Hank pym is hardly in it .

Old Post Oct 4th, 2012 08:32 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by armedforbattle
Yeah but it's not like ultron has to fight the avengers by himself. Like mentioned above ultron could steal the older iron man armors. Or he could make his own robots (setting up for the vision) ... my only concern with thanos being in avengers 2 is where are they gonna go after that? Not only can thanos wreck the avengers as they are now, they're gonna have to go even stronger for avengers 3. I mean where are they gonna go after thanos? It doesn't get much bigger than him for the avengers.

So the third movie might have to calm the threat down a bit. Make it more of an internal problem. I think Ultron will work well for the third.

Bigger threats don't always make the superior movie. Bane was a much bigger threat than Joker. So what? TDK was still by far the superior movie Imo.

Edit- And even IF A3 can't beat A2 in awesomness, so what? It's not the end of the world. It happens a lot that the 2nd movie is the best one. Doesn't mean the 3rd movie has to suck.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Oct 4th, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Old Post Oct 4th, 2012 11:50 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote