KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Outlaws

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Outlaws
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 11 12 [13]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rio Rio

Could I apply Fix-It here? I want to understand the workings of the generator.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2016 09:18 PM
Rio Rio is currently offline Click here to Send Rio Rio a Private Message Find more posts by Rio Rio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Even your basic understanding of technology gets the principles of the generator. Three successes tells you that the shield generator was hooked up to a geothermal power source, the same source that runs Eret-zo's power generator also. This planet lacks much in the way of natural power sources (fuel to burn, water to turn turbines, etc.) aside from the heat of its core. Probably not concocted with the full benefit of modern technology and therefore dangerous, but it did the job.

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 08:17 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rio Rio

Geothermal implies underground workings if it's hooked up to the heat of the planet.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2016 08:35 PM
Rio Rio is currently offline Click here to Send Rio Rio a Private Message Find more posts by Rio Rio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Only one way to check that out, isn't there?

Old Post Apr 13th, 2016 01:48 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rio Rio

Rast will try to find something that would let him down into the underground workings, like a hatch. Otherwise, he will ask Moryse where he could find such a thing or who would know where to find the way down.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 05:24 AM
REXXXX
Networking

I will rule it Fix-It + Perception to find what you seek, to determine if you can spot where you think a hatch would be with this sort of geothermal power rig. Two successes does it, and Moryse can help confirm that you locate such a hatch. It is partially obscured in the sand and under some debris from the fight.

It appears to have been blown open from beneath.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 11:50 PM
Rio Rio

Rast clears off the sand then pries it open, using the Force if he needs to but probably using his arms. Despite his Jedi powers, he is more the hands-on type.

He clambers on down into the hatch, pointing out to Moryse that it was blown open from the inside.

"Do these maintenance tunnels connect to anything else?" Rast asks. "Or were they just for the shield generator?"

Whether Moryse has an answer or not, he will climb down into the tunnels and go exploring, seeing what he can turn up by investigating the area below the now-missing generator.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2016 09:18 PM
REXXXX
Networking

The hatch comes off and reveals darkness below.

"I'm not sure," Moryse says. "I don't know what else they'd connect to."

You clamber down a broad ladder after Moryse offers little information, determined to find out for yourself. In order to see anything, you need a light, as the limited light from the hatch reveals not much. You bathe the immediate area around you with white-green light from your saber and reveal old metal catwalks. Machinery glints below you in the darkness.

The catwalks lead away or down.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2016 08:28 AM
Rio Rio

Rast explores the downward option. He will stop and examine some of the machinery, to see the extent of the damage inflicted by removing the generator hastily.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 10:52 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Rickety ladders let you down from one set of catwalks to another. It is slow-going with your saber in-hand for light. The oily machinery descends in a columnar shape, bulky and tubular. You identify most of it as an intricate but old-fashioned cooling hose system and the power conduits feeding energy from the geothermal translator to the shield generator.

You know the intruders took the generator intact. Up close, you see they spent time carefully unhooking what they could down here in the dark before jumping into action.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 11:27 PM
Rio Rio

Rast keeps working his way toward the bottom of the machinery, trying to figure out how the Brotherhood could have gotten down here without getting noticed. He's concerned that they were so methodical and careful up until they reached the top and started shooting.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 11:44 PM
REXXXX
Networking

The air starts to warm significantly. The further down you go, the hotter it gets. Warning signs posted along the catwalks appear, cautioning the need for specialized hazard gear.

It is at this point that you can see to the very bottom, where the machinery column passes into solid rock. Hatches around the base bear signs warning that entry without proper gear could lead to increasingly lethal consequences.

But these are not the only hatches toward the bottom. Off to one side, you spy a much larger blast door. It looks older - far older - than anything else in this deep pit. It blocks off a tunnel that branches away from the generator's power supply.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2016 12:13 AM
Rio Rio

Rast will go investigate the older blast door, wondering where it might lead off to and why it looks so old. What tells Rast it's age? Can he tell how old?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2016 05:43 AM
REXXXX
Networking

While everything down here is dirty and worn, this blast door is designed differently than everything else you've encountered in Eret-zo. It reminds you of the old blast doors that Republic colonists used in their mines, long ago.

It features a simple control panel in the middle.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2016 07:13 AM
Rio Rio

Rast approaches the old blast door, wondering what it leads to. He considers using the Force to feel the space behind the door, but always considered himself a more visual man, despite his training. He jabs at the control panel to key an opening sequence and take a look.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2016 08:46 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Locked.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2016 08:55 PM
Rio Rio

Rast expected that. He will use his Sabotage skill to check the door for traps. He doesn't want to blow himself up trying to get through this ominous door.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2016 08:58 PM