KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Outlaws

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Outlaws
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rio Rio

We can check the barracks first. Who owns them?

Old Post Mar 11th, 2013 09:53 PM
Rio Rio is currently offline Click here to Send Rio Rio a Private Message Find more posts by Rio Rio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

The city government does. It is the standing army they use to defend Eret-zo from attack.

The barracks themselves are near the center of the city, so the troops can distribute as needed quickly. Moryse takes you there and gains you clearance without issue, allowing you to enter what is essentially a massive but very old bunker.

Moryse wants to know what sort of men you're looking for. They have soldiers by the plenty here.

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Mar 16th, 2013 01:30 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rio Rio

Rast wants people who can shoot guns but also aren't useless in tracking though Rast can do a lot of that himself.

Random troops for numbers and then some of their leaders or scouts.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 06:31 PM
Rio Rio is currently offline Click here to Send Rio Rio a Private Message Find more posts by Rio Rio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"We're not taking an army out there," Moryse says. "How many men do you think we need?"

They do have notable scouts and commanders in their ranks.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2013 10:17 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rio Rio

"As many as we can," Rast says. "How many can I take?"

Rast wants to talk to the scouts and commanders that stick out to him. I don't know how I'm reviewing them but maybe from their exploits or experience.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 02:47 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"We can't run out into the desert with Akkert's army," Moryse states.

You can choose four people to take with you, Rast.

Did you want to use any more criteria for narrowing it down?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2013 03:47 AM
Rio Rio

Wow that's not many.

Rast wants people who know the terrain and the enemy, experienced fighters, at least one person good at driving a speeder.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2013 04:57 PM
REXXXX
Networking

It is going to be a Charisma + Observation roll to find who you're looking for and attract their interest. The better you roll, the better your options.

Old Post May 12th, 2013 04:26 PM
Rio Rio

I guess Ill try that. Rast is not very good with charisma.

Old Post May 13th, 2013 06:40 AM
REXXXX
Networking

It would appear that he isn't very observant either; you roll two successes on five dice. Not your best effort, and you have trouble attracting the sort of interest you want.

Your interested parties include a handful of grunts with limited experience (all Mooks), an young alien soldier named Prathi, and an older scout named Zho-Goi.

Prathi is some sort of avian-reptilian creature who speaks limited Basic. He has a scaly hide and a beaked face, and sharp talons sprouting from his fingers. But he is very much a novice; he hasn't seen much combat because he's young. And he has a REALLY big rifle.

Zho-Goi, on the other hand, is an old man. Human, he sports a lank white mustache and a lifetime of worry lines. He keeps a big pistol strapped to his waist.

"Well... not exactly our local heroes..." Moryse says.

Old Post May 19th, 2013 08:15 PM
Rio Rio

Does Rast have time to talk to them? Or is it time to go?

Old Post May 20th, 2013 05:18 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"We can chat on the way," Moryse says. He volunteers to drive the speeder you are being given. It is a bulky army speeder, intended for combat rather than speed. It is equipped with a single turret and armor.

It has seating for six people (the driver, four passengers, and the gunner). Moryse picks out a couple average soldiers to tag along with your choices.

Old Post May 23rd, 2013 08:00 PM
Rio Rio

Can I use the big gun on the speeder?

Rast tells Moryse not to bring the soldiers though if they're average. They won't live.

Old Post May 26th, 2013 01:34 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Moryse wants you to be sure about that before he dismisses the average soldiers.

It will be a penalized Guns skill to fire it. It operates best with Heavy Weapons.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2013 08:48 PM
Rio Rio

Does Prathi have HW? Seems like he would but I dont know. If he does have him on the gun and the rest of us can ride in the speeder with Moryse driving.

Rast will have his rifle out just in case as they leave the city.

"Think we'll pull this off?" Rast asks Moryse.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2013 11:26 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Prathi is happy to strap himself into the big ol' turret on the back of the speeder.

"I don't know," Moryse says, starting the speeder. "What is the Jedi say. 'May the Force be with us?' Maybe you should say it yourself, just in case..."

Old Post Jun 13th, 2013 11:01 PM
Rio Rio

Rast just stares at Moryse and then says, "Drive.'

Old Post Jun 14th, 2013 08:44 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Moryse just shakes his head and starts moving the speeder.

The barracks are near the center of the circular walled city of Eret-zo, so Moryse has to drive the speeder out of the barracks toward the towering walls. From inside you can see multiple turbolaser batteries that have retracted beneath the lip of the wall, at uneven intervals. Even larger (and older) artillery pieces stand between the old fortress towers.

You gather curious looks from passerby in the streets - weary soldiers in outdated uniforms, men and woman leading children with overfull duffel bags - but nobody stops to watch you pass.

"They're going to the bunkers," Zho-Goi says. "If we fail, this place becomes a kill zone."

Old Post Jun 19th, 2013 03:00 AM
Rio Rio

"We won't," Rast says curtly, settling into the speeder and glancing at the people they pass.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2013 05:06 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"I hope not," Zho-Goi says. "The Brothers aren't too keen on sparing lives. Everyone's fair game to them."

Moryse takes the route out of the city that follows the direction that the Brothers blasted their way out. The streets they took feature numerous demolished structures and blast craters.

An Observation check from you says that you think those were caused by laser cannons rather than rockets or grenades.

Once Moryse reaches the gate, it has already been opened to allow your speeder to slip out. A multitude of soldiers protecting the gate watch you go. You zip through and leave the protection of Eret-zo's high walls.

The desert beyond is certainly a forbidding place. The dunes stretch on farther than you can see, uninterrupted except for the occasional scraggly spiny tree. It is a cooler day, but everyone encourages you to wrap up to protect yourself from Mandas Alef's sun.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2013 09:32 PM