KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Outlaws

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Outlaws
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rio Rio

"We're expected," Rast says. "I don't know where they are but they're in there. Let's go."

Rast will walk through the pathway with his rifle braced again his shoulder and ready to go.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2013 05:05 PM
Rio Rio is currently offline Click here to Send Rio Rio a Private Message Find more posts by Rio Rio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Zho-Goi and Moryse reluctantly follow you into what is definitely a trap. With each step you take, you develop a creeping sense that you are in danger.

You stride into the shaded clearing in the middle of the rocks, perhaps wondering how the formation came to be. But you are more concerned with the figures up on the outcroppings and ledges of the massive rocks around you. There are easily more than two dozen.

One very large man stands high above you, atop one of the large boulders. He totes something that looks very much like a concussion cannon, and it is pointed at you.

"HELLO!" he bellows. "Glad you could join us! Were you looking for something?"

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Sep 8th, 2013 05:56 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rio Rio

"You all took something that doesn't belong to you," Rast shouts back. He hopes his voice is heard. "Doesn't look like the shield generator is here, though. I'll give you a chance to slink away and tell us where to find it."

Can I try to Intimidate?

Should I pick my schticks?

Old Post Sep 8th, 2013 08:35 PM
Rio Rio is currently offline Click here to Send Rio Rio a Private Message Find more posts by Rio Rio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Intimidation might be more appropriate man-to-man or with an army at your back. Not so much when you are outnumbered and an easy target.

The big man with the concussion rifle laughs uproariously, as if you had told a very funny joke.

"Nice try, desperado!" he guffaws. "I don't think we'll do that. Thanks for the chance. Now, say goodbye!

"KILL 'EM!"

Your danger sense spikes...

Old Post Sep 11th, 2013 12:29 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rio Rio

Can Rast duck into cover?

Old Post Sep 14th, 2013 06:47 PM
Rio Rio

Also use Coordination please. I want to have DW 10K ES in and use DW to defend myself. If you're taking schticks.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2013 07:03 PM
REXXXX
Networking

You can! Rast hurls himself behind a large rock as the lasers come raining down from the flunkies above. Super-heated sand and flecks of melted rock spray around you but you get into solid cover just in time.

Where you were standing with Zho-Goi and Moryse, there is an enormous bloom of blue energy and a concussive shockwave that washes over you, knocking you against the rock you took cover behind.

The entrance you took to get in is shattered by the blast and rocks tumble down, blocking the path.

You take no damage for the time being, but this rock won't hold long, and probably won't survive a direct blast from that concussion rifle... what do you do now?

Old Post Sep 17th, 2013 04:50 AM
Rio Rio

I want to see where the thugs are and start shooting because Rast is not a fan of being shot at. He will move to the next source of cover if he can and shoot away while he does it.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2013 07:52 AM
REXXXX
Networking

You peek out from cover and see another rock that you can tumble behind. You think you can get a shot off once you get there.

The massive boulders around you are littered with hired guns of all alien species and walks of life. Most are garbed in desert gear, with goggles and scarves and dusters to protect themselves from the heat and sand, and all are carrying blaster carbines and spraying lasers willy-nilly about the area.

You are surrounded, with thugs on all sides. Some have found ledges on the boulders to shoot down from, while most are on top of the rocks.

Mr. Big Gun is perched atop the tallest rock with some of his lackeys; it will take three turns to get up to him and everyone up there with him gets two points of cover when shot at from below. The thugs atop the other rocks have a point of cover when shot at from below, and will take two turns to reach. They also have men in make-shift uniforms with them, carrying big inaccurate repeating rifles.

----

AMBUSH ON THE ROCKS, Start of Turn 1

Center

Rast (G9): 1(1PR)/0 [10K ES DW] [MK] (7F) (cover)

Moryse (G8): 1(2A)/0 [RF GH] (2F) (cover)

Zho-Goi (G14): 1(1PR)/0 [MK GS ES] [BB EE] (4F) (cover)

North Rocks

Big Gun: 0 (concussion rifle) (very top)

Thugs (G5) x4 (very top)

Thugs (G5) x2 (high ledge)

Thugs (G5) x2 (ledge)

East Rocks

Repeater Thug: 0

Thugs (G5) x4 (top)

Thugs (G5) x2 (ledge)

South Rocks

Thugs (G5) x4 (top)

Thugs (G5) x2 (ledge)

West Rocks

Thugs (G5) x4 (top)

Thugs (G5) x2 (ledge)

----

Last edited by REXXXX on Sep 18th, 2013 at 04:57 PM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2013 04:41 PM
Rio Rio

"Zho!" Rast shouts. "Can you hit the guys with repeaters up top?"

Rast is going to fire at a thug on the low ledge on the north rocks while diving for new cover. He wants to draw Big Gun's fire from the others.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2013 04:56 PM
REXXXX
Networking

The roll for Initiative comes up Evens at 1-1... so you get to go first!

With 10,000 Bolts, you only hit on 6s and do not get the accuracy bonus from your rifle. You only hit with a 6 on the first shot, and finish him off on the next shot. Not your best shooting.

Moryse totally fluffs his shot, only wounding a thug on the north rock.

Zho-Goi has a trained eye and years of experience to back him up... he puts a bolt into a thug on the south rock to trim their numbers with six 6s (with a Gunslinger conversion).

Oh boy... eight shooters on each among your posse, with a repeater thug on each, and Mr. Big Gun gunning for you, Rast.

Moryse gets lucky; most of the thugs hit the rock he's cowering behind with their fire, and he gets a Reflex shot with Return Fire. He makes up for his bad shot by blowing away another guy with his heavy pistol. The Repeater Guy gets a hit on him but not a second hit. He takes 3 damage total (after damage reduction from Glancing Hits).

Zho-Goi is missed entirely.

You take 6 damage from general thug fire, then duck clear of the Repeater Guy's volley. Mr. Big Gun opens fire and misses, but the rock you were hiding behind is completely obliterated. You are showered with fragments.

----

AMBUSH ON THE ROCKS, Start of Turn 2

Center

Rast (G9): 1(1PR)/6 [10K ES DW] [MK] (7F)

Moryse (G8): 1(2A)/3 [RF GH] (2F) (cover)

Zho-Goi (G14): 1(1PR)/0 [MK GS ES] [BB EE] (4F) (cover)

North Rocks

Thugs (G5) x4 (very top)

Thugs (G5) x1* (ledge)

East Rocks

Thugs (G5) x4 (top)

Thugs (G5) x1 (ledge)

South Rocks

Thugs (G5) x4 (top)

Thugs (G5) x1 (ledge)

West Rocks

Thugs (G5) x4 (top)

Thugs (G5) x2 (ledge)

----

Moryse and Zho will lose their cover with the next volley. You are exposed!

Old Post Sep 18th, 2013 06:26 PM
Rio Rio

Switch 10K out for MK in, Rast will shoot at whatever Repeater Guy is firing at him.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2013 06:40 PM
REXXXX
Networking

6-2, Initiative is yours again!

Moryse blasts down a thug with a messy blat from his heavy pistol. Zho-Goi shows a little more finesse in blasting down another.

Rast... all the sand and fire dancing about you must be throwing you off your game. You roll no successes on your shot; the laser harmlessly explodes on the rock. Mr. Big Gun probably laughs at you.

The thugs split their fire seven ways this time, and a repeater each. Out in the open, you take hits for 8 damage as you struggle to keep clear of the blasts. The Repeater Guy randomly rakes the ground near you. Big Gun shoots just as well as you did; he rolls 2 successes, one of which is negated by EOTS. You take just 3 damage there when the ground next to you is pounded into dust.

Moryse takes light damage from thugs, then blasts down another thug who exposes himself. A Repeater Guy finishes widdling down his cover to rock splinters.

Zho gets off light again, well-protected with EOTS and cover, but his cover is gone after the barrage his way.

----

AMBUSH ON THE ROCKS, Start of Turn 3

Center

Rast (G11): 1(1PR)/6 [MK ES DW] [10B] (7F)

Moryse (G8): 1(2A)/3 [RF GH] (2F)

Zho-Goi (G14): 1(1PR)/3 [MK GS ES] [BB EE] (4F)

North Rocks

Thugs (G5) x4 (very top)

East Rocks

Thugs (G5) x4 (top)

South Rocks

Thugs (G5) x4 (top)

West Rocks

Thugs (G5) x4 (top)

Thugs (G5) x2 (ledge)

----

Old Post Sep 18th, 2013 09:02 PM
Rio Rio

Can I find more cover? Does jumping up onto a ledge remove the penalty for shooting at the thugs on top of rocks?

If it does then Rast will jump onto a ledge and shoot a thug up near Big Gun.

Actually do it anyway.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2013 06:04 AM
REXXXX
Networking

2-4 puts Initiative with Big Gun and gang. They keep up their rate of fire, with the Repeater Guys spraying haphazardly around the center area. Six on Zho (who has established himself as the most competent shooter) and five each on Moryse and Rast.

Zho-Goi takes two hits for 8 damage. A Repeater Guy misses him.

Moryse takes four hits for 6 damage. A Repeater Guy hits him for 3 more damage but fails his continued shot. Moryse gets a kill on his Return Fire shot.

Rast takes three hits for 11 damage. A Repeater Guy misses you.

Mr. Big Gun decides to casually start blowing away the rocks in the center area to deprive you of cover.

Zho-Goi notices Moryse's close call with a Repeater Guy and takes action. Tapping Marksman quadruples his accuracy bonus from his pistol, while Eagle Eye doubles his successes and Gunslinger counts all 1s as successes. He rolls 11 of them (two of which are ignored by Parry and cover), which totals up at 20 damage.

He calmly lines up his shot and puts a bolt through a Repeater Guy's heart. He drops off the top of the west rocks.

Moryse guns down another thug, meaning all the low ledges are clear.

Your shot, however, is a failure; you only roll two successes, which is not good enough to bypass the awkwardness of shooting someone on the highest rock.

----

AMBUSH ON THE ROCKS, Start of Turn 4

Center

Moryse (G8): 1(2A)/9 [RF GH] (2F)

Zho-Goi (G8): 1/11 [MK GS EE] [BB ES] (4F)

North Rocks

Thugs (G5) x4 (very top)

Rast (G11): 1(1PR)/17 [MK ES DW] [10B] (7F) (ledge)

East Rocks

Thugs (G5) x4 (top)

South Rocks

Thugs (G5) x4 (top)

West Rocks

Thugs (G5) x4 (top)

----

Old Post Sep 20th, 2013 11:15 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Actually, you manage to get one success in there, having jumped up to the ledge. A thug takes one hit.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2013 11:49 PM
Rio Rio

Rast will jump up another level to the high ledge and shoot a thug next to him.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2013 11:54 PM
REXXXX
Networking

3-5 keeps Initiative with the thugs, which Mr. Big Gun takes advantage of. Seeing Rast jumping toward him, Big Gun swings his concussion rifle down at the high ledge beneath him. The thugs there shout at him but are drowned out by the deafening whump of the gun's discharge and subsequent blast. The high ledge is pulverized and Rast must make an Agility check to avoid the falling rocks; he passes, sidestepping the debris.

Now it would need a Great Leap to jump to the top of Big Gun's rock, or a Strength roll to climb up.

I will hold Rast's action.

The thugs split their fire five ways, with an extra on Zho.

Zho takes 10 damage. The Repeater Guys stay clear of him.

Moryse takes 9 damage (after reductions and including a Repeater Guy) but gets another reflex shot in. He only manages to wound a thug this time, due to the ledge obstruction.

Rast takes 6 damage and then 4 from a Repeater Guy.

Moryse finishes off the wounded thug, and Zho shoots down another.

----

AMBUSH ON THE ROCKS, Start of Turn 5

Center

Moryse (G8): 1(2A)/18 [RF GH] (2F)

Zho-Goi (G8): 1/21 [ES GS EE] [BB ES] (4F)

North Rocks

Thugs (G5) x4* (very top)

Rast (G11): 1(1PR)/27 [MK ES DW] [10B] (7F) (ledge) (one turn held)

East Rocks

Thugs (G5) x4 (top)

South Rocks

Thugs (G5) x3 (top)

West Rocks

Thugs (G5) x3 (top)

----

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2013 07:38 PM
Rio Rio

Can Rast jump onto an adjacent rock and then jump up to the very top without spending a Great Leap point?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2013 10:32 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Yes you can.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2013 10:40 PM