KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Outlaws

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Outlaws
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rio Rio

Rast is going to jump up onto East rocks from the North ledge last turn and shoot a thug by Big Gun. This turn he then does the jump to the very top of the North. Swap MK for 10B and tap 10B.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2013 10:47 PM
Rio Rio is currently offline Click here to Send Rio Rio a Private Message Find more posts by Rio Rio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Last turn, then, Rast jumped over to the East rocks, probably startling the Repeater Guy there with his impossible acrobatics. You land in a crouched position and line up your shot. Three successes is reduced to two by the awkward angle of shooting at the very top of the North rocks, but you only need two to bullseye a thug.

4-5, Initiative remains with the baddies, meaning Moryse and Zho remain under fire as they start edging back toward cover. Moryse takes 6 damage (and misses his Return Fire), Zho takes 12. The Repeater Guys both miss; their guns are terribly inaccurate and they aren't much good themselves.

Miraculously, Rast is totally missed by the thugs. Mr. Big Gun has taken note of his attempts to reach him via some curiously super-powered acrobatics and lets off a mighty shot from his concussion gun. Five successes scores him a hit of 9 damage on Rast, but also hurts the Repeater Guy nearby and knocks a thug from the East rock.

Moryse misses another thug, while Zho-Goi spins a second slender pistol into his other hand and calmly fires at another thug but does not finish him off.

Then Rast gets aggressive! Tapping 10,000 Bolts gives you two hits for 8 damage on Big Gun, jumping straight for him and holding down the trigger. He does not like that and taps Eye of the Storm, negating the attack.

----

AMBUSH ON THE ROCKS, Start of Turn 6

Center

Moryse (G8): 1(2A)/24 [RF GH] (2F)

Zho-Goi (G8): 1/33 [ES BB EE] [MK GS] (4F)

North Rocks

Big Gun: 0 (concussion rifle) (very top)

Thugs (G5) x3* (very top)

Rast (G11): 1(1PR)/36 [10B ES DW] [MK] (7F) (very top)

East Rocks

Repeater Thug: 7

Thugs (G5) x3* (top)

South Rocks

Thugs (G5) x3 (top)

West Rocks

Repeater Thug: 0

Thugs (G5) x3 (top)

----

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2013 05:39 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rio Rio

Tap Eye of the Storm to void the Big Gun's damage and tap Marksman this turn (swap 10B out for MK and tap) to shoot at Big Gun now that he is defenseless since he tapped EOTS too.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2013 04:27 PM
Rio Rio is currently offline Click here to Send Rio Rio a Private Message Find more posts by Rio Rio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

6-1 goes to you! And it's a Refresh!

Big Gun tapped prematurely, perhaps expecting you to resort to melee having gotten up close. You put a precise shot in on 14 dice, resulting in 8 successes and 11 damage to Big Gun. A bolt burns across his ribcage, narrowly avoided. He yowls in anger and gestures for the men with him to concentrate on you.

Down below, Moryse scrambles into cover and pops off his best shot in the fight with five successes. Zho-Goi heads to the bottom of the west rocks to keep those up on them from firing at him. He shoots down a thug on the south rocks.

Zho's efforts to stay out of the line of fire have little effect; he still has four shooters on him, two of whom hit for 6 damage. He is wearing out fast.

Moryse has three shooters and now BOTH Repeaters gunning at him. He takes 3 damage from the thugs, then a miss from a Repeater, then 3 more from the second Repeater. He decides to put his Return Fire shot into one of the repeaters, hitting for 7 damage.

Rast, now defenseless himself and concentrated on shooting Big Gun, takes 8 damage from the thugs next to him, and then 4 damage from Big Gun he hazards a shot from his concussion rifle, blowing a chunk out of the rock beside you and knocking you down.

----

AMBUSH ON THE ROCKS, Start of Turn 7

Center

Moryse (G8): 1(2A)/30 [RF GH] (2F) (cover)

North Rocks

Big Gun: 11 (concussion rifle) (very top)

Thugs (G5) x3* (very top)

Rast (G9): 1/39 [MK ES DW] [10B] (7F) (very top)

East Rocks

Repeater Thug: 14

Thugs (G5) x2 (top)

South Rocks

Thugs (G5) x2 (top)

West Rocks

Repeater Thug: 0

Thugs (G5) x3 (top)

Zho-Goi (G11): 1/39 [ES BB] [MK EE GS] (4F) (bottom)

----

Lesson for that turn- don't ignore the mooks! They are dangerous in large numbers, as you have been seeing in the main game.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2013 09:17 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rio Rio

Switch ES for SF, tap DW, tap SF.

Rast will drop his rifle and slug a thug in the face, then sidestep another shot and slug the next thug too.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2013 09:27 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Evens gives it to the bad guys this time.

Zho-Goi takes another two hits for 6 damage, this time with a laser burning across his leg. From up on the rock, you can see him slowing down.

Moryse has his cover blown away as all five shooters roll a success each. Nothing that touches him, but the rock he was cowering behind becomes slag. He zings a thug for a hit.

Your shooters cannot enough touch you with a Dodge & Weave tap running your Defense up to 6. It also reduces Big Gun down to three dice. He promptly rolls three 6s, but the damage is reduced to 2 points. You move fluidly among the bolts and concussion blasts, and your Reflex attack with Street Fighting goes well, cracking a thug across the jaw and sending him rolling off the rock.

Your actual attack for the turn goes less well; you have a high Agility but low Combat score. You roll two 6s and rough up another thug.

Moryse finishes off his thug.

Zho-Goi moves out into cover again and makes another super tap, sending a volley from both guns up at the untouched Repeater Guy. He is riddled with lasers and goes down.

----

AMBUSH ON THE ROCKS, Start of Turn 8

Center

Moryse (G8): 1(2A)/30 [RF GH] (2F)

Zho-Goi (G11): 1(1PR)/45 [ES BB EE] [MK GS] (4F) (cover)

North Rocks

Thugs (G5) x2** (very top)

Rast (G9): 1/39 [MK SF DW] [10B ES] (7F) (very top)

East Rocks

Repeater Thug: 14

Thugs (G5) x2 (top)

South Rocks

Thugs (G5) x2 (top)

West Rocks

Thugs (G5) x2 (top)

----

Old Post Sep 27th, 2013 06:25 AM
Rio Rio

Swap DW for Orthodox Guard. Rast draws his lightsaber and cuts through the gun of the thug he socked.

"I gave you the chance to flee," Rast says to Big Gun in his raspy voice.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2013 06:08 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Evens, so back to you this time. You only need a success to dispatch the mook beside you, slashing the gun out of his hands. Big Gun is surprised about what kind of weapon you just drew.

Moryse misses his thug but gets back into cover, and Zho, switching back to a more precise style with Marksman, blasts down his with seven successes. His target, of course, was the last Repeater Guy.

Moryse and Zho stay clear this turn, while you deflect the last thug's blast with laughable ease. Big Gun taps Kaboom! to get you for 9 damage, counting four 4s as successes.

----

AMBUSH ON THE ROCKS, Start of Turn 9

Center

Moryse (G8): 1(2A)/30 [RF GH] (2F)

Zho-Goi (G11): 1(1PR)/45 [ES MK EE] [GS BB] (4F) (cover)

North Rocks

Thugs (G5) x1 (very top)

Rast (G9): 3/48 [OGu MK SF] [10B ES PS BL RI] (7F) (very top)

East Rocks

Thugs (G5) x2 (top)

South Rocks

Thugs (G5) x2 (top)

West Rocks

Thugs (G5) x2 (top)

----

Old Post Sep 28th, 2013 01:28 AM
Rio Rio

Rast twists out of the way of the big blast from Big Gun's concussion rifle. He tries to keep his balance. Once he is ready, he cuts down the thug next to Big Gun to leave them alone together.

Bring in Riposte, take out SF, and spend Evade on Big Gun if he shoots.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2013 03:15 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Moryse actually did another Return Fire last turn... but he failed to do much with it.

5-6, you come under fire first.

Moryse Returns Fire again, only taking a 1-point hit and blowing away its shooter in return. Zho's cover saves him from trouble.

You take a hit for 3 damage from the thug, but you Evade another cannonade from Big Gun as you blur nimbly around his shots. You then lunge in and run through the thug, leaving you, indeed, alone with Mr. Big Gun. He looks more angry than nervous about this.

Moryse and Zho gun down a bad guy each. Moryse taps Glancing Hits to remove some damage.

----

AMBUSH ON THE ROCKS, Start of Turn 10

Center

Moryse (G8): 1/20 [RF GH] (2F) (cover)

Zho-Goi (G11): 1(1PR)/45 [ES MK] [GS BB EE] (4F) (cover)

North Rocks

Rast (LS10): 3/51 [OGu RI MK] [10B ES SF PS BL] (6F) (very top)

East Rocks

Thugs (G5) x2 (top)

South Rocks

Thugs (G5) x2 (top)

West Rocks

Clear

----

Old Post Sep 29th, 2013 04:34 PM
Rio Rio

"Just you and me," Rast says. He is fairly nervous about how much damage he has taken himself but he does not let it show. He acts aggressive and jumps at Big Gun.

Use Evade again and attack. Bring in Perfect Strike for Marksman.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2013 05:25 PM
REXXXX
Networking

1-5 sees the thugs fire down on your companions ineffectually, and Moryse mirroring that ineffectual shooting while Zho blasts down a thug.

Big Gun misses again with your Evading his frantic blasts. You slash back with three successes and figure out that he knows how to handle himself up close; he sidesteps your slash, only taking 9 damage from the effort.

----

AMBUSH ON THE ROCKS, Start of Turn 11

Center

Moryse (G8): 1/20 [RF] [GH] (2F) (cover)

Zho-Goi (G11): 1(1PR)/45 [ES MK] [GS BB EE] (4F) (cover)

North Rocks

Big Gun: 20 (concussion rifle) (very top)

Rast (LS10): 3/51 [OGu RI MK] [10B ES SF PS BL] (6F) (very top)

East Rocks

Thugs (G5) x2 (top)

South Rocks

Thugs (G5) x1 (top)

West Rocks

Clear

----

Old Post Sep 29th, 2013 07:14 PM
Rio Rio

Attack him again and tap Riposte this time. Make sure you got my swap last turn I want that armor.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2013 09:11 PM
REXXXX
Networking

4-2 gives you Initiative! And another Refresh.

Six successes from you sees a slice of skin carved from Big Gun's upper arm as he sidesteps a swing of your saber. He takes 12 damage there. He growls and tries to shoot back, but only rolls a single success, so you avoid the blast with an Agility check, then Riposte back! He takes another 14 damage as you slash at him.

Moryse and Zho blast down a thug each, then Moryse blasts down the final guy in a cacophonous final exchange.

"You're dead, Jedi!" Big Gun yowls, powering up his concussion rifle for another blast. He charges toward you, intending to bowl you over and splatter you against the rock with the following rifle discharge.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2013 05:14 PM
Rio Rio

Rast will go all out, tapping Orthodox Guard and Block and spending another point on Flurry. He swings his lightsaber until the Big Gun stops coming at him.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2013 01:30 AM
REXXXX
Networking

As Big Gun comes running toward you, you step to one side and drop to a knee, avoiding his first blast and cutting into his rib cage. As you rise, you slash across his right shoulder blade. With your pool halved and Big Gun tapping Close Quarters Gunman, you only had two dice, inflicting 12 damage.

Big Gun then turns around and drops to a knee himself, sending a volley toward you. Tapping Kaboom! again, he gets four successes. Orthodox Guard's tapped effect ignores two of them, but you must avoid the shot with an Agility check... which you fail.

However, it is only 4 damage as you throw yourself prone and land hard on the rock.

Big Gun towers over you, pressing muzzle of the concussion rifle into your stomach.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2013 08:17 PM
Rio Rio

Does Rast have options for getting away from this? Can I use powers? I think I'm tapped out except for Perfect Strike.

So I'll tap Perfect Strike and use Evade to make sure that the Big Gun doesn't blow me in half.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2013 06:31 AM
REXXXX
Networking

You start to struggle out from under the tremendous muzzle, and Big Gun starts squeezing the trigger...

... just before a laser bolt streaks up from below and catches him in the left side of his rib cage. He gasps once, then falls forward on top of you.

Zho-Goi, having tapped Marksman, finished him off with a single shot.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2013 08:51 PM
Rio Rio

Rast will give a sigh of relief that he isn't being blasted in half and push Big Gun off of him. Is he for sure dead? Rast will check.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2013 11:14 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Big Gun is most definitely dead, and your life saved.

From up on the rock, you see below you two dozen deadbeats who met unfortunate ends out in the desert, and an old gunslinger and an amateur pilot in the middle of it all. Zho-Goi settles himself on one of the blast-shattered lavender rocks that dots the center of the ring of carnage.

"Are you okay?" Moryse shouts up to you.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2013 04:52 AM