KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I like them all for different reasons. Comedy-wise Mikey is tops.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2013 07:51 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Anyway, gais, favourite turtle, and favourite character?
Mikey, has and always will be my favorite.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2013 08:29 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarlet Fox
Gun Slinger

Originally posted by Kento

Old Post Feb 12th, 2013 02:30 AM
Scarlet Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Raph has always been my favorite. But comedy-wise (weird as that sounds) Splinter >>> Mikey >>> rest.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2013 07:12 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Leonardo: Who would be interested in alien robot tech?

Leo/Raph/Donny: BAXTER STOCKMAN!!

Mikey: Donatello...Baxter Stockman!!

Mikey and Splinter are great.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2013 08:06 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarlet Fox
Gun Slinger

I remember the other day of an old Power Rangers in Space episode where the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from 'The next Mutation' did a guest appearance. The graphics and effects were cheesy even for its time but it was still awesome xD

Old Post Feb 16th, 2013 09:36 PM
Scarlet Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by SamZED
Raph has always been my favorite. But comedy-wise (weird as that sounds) Splinter >>> Mikey >>> rest.

Not so weird to me. Splinter has his moments.

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Raph. He has a lot more common sense than mikey and leo.

For nostalgia's sake, I'd say Raph, but I think I like Donatello more than the others in this series. Leo's pretty cool too, and while he may not always see through people the way Raph does, he's a far better strategist.

Just like you to like comic-relief fodder.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Feb 20th, 2013 11:14 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Does any one else have q sinking feeling that the pulveriser's real name is Casey Jones?

Old Post Feb 20th, 2013 11:40 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Just like you to like comic-relief fodder.
sad But he's not fodder in the original movies, and the 2003 cartoon that's gotta count for something. Mikey is a whole lot more comedic fodder in this series, but he was a much better fighter, and at the very least second best fighter in those two.

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Does any one else have q sinking feeling that the pulveriser's real name is Casey Jones?
laughing It would be epic to see Casey appear, all toned up, and wearing a hockey mask, and junk and reveal he had been him after knowing who the turtles were.

xD So I just kinda caught up on the series, and Splinter's two finger punch to Rat King was epic. And Mikey complaining about not getting to name the Rat King. I do have to say Splinter is one amazing character. And I AM kind of glad they took the root of Splinter being Hamato Yoshi because that makes a lot more sense. As much as I like the original comics, and the original movies Splinter being a rat that somehow is a superb unbeatable marital artist just doesn't work.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2013 11:51 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Not a big fan of this show. The last series was waaaaaaay better. Don's my favorite turtle & this series doesn't seem to be giving him his due

Last edited by I-Drop on Feb 21st, 2013 at 03:43 AM

Old Post Feb 21st, 2013 03:33 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

They have been giving donny way more than the other turtles.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2013 03:29 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

How? What have I missed?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2013 04:47 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

sad But he's not fodder in the original movies, and the 2003 cartoon that's gotta count for something. Mikey is a whole lot more comedic fodder in this series, but he was a much better fighter, and at the very least second best fighter in those two.

laughing It would be epic to see Casey appear, all toned up, and wearing a hockey mask, and junk and reveal he had been him after knowing who the turtles were.

xD So I just kinda caught up on the series, and Splinter's two finger punch to Rat King was epic. And Mikey complaining about not getting to name the Rat King. I do have to say Splinter is one amazing character. And I AM kind of glad they took the root of Splinter being Hamato Yoshi because that makes a lot more sense. As much as I like the original comics, and the original movies Splinter being a rat that somehow is a superb unbeatable marital artist just doesn't work.
Mikey has always been the most talented of the four, the problem is -he lacks the focus. It was shown in the new show as well. Remember when Raph was trying to learn to fight without thinking? Mikey succeeded but he failed. The joke was that Mikey doesn't think period but it's also a feat of skill and talent IMO.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2013 12:04 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Mikey has always been the most talented of the four, the problem is -he lacks the focus. It was shown in the new show as well. Remember when Raph was trying to learn to fight without thinking? Mikey succeeded but he failed. The joke was that Mikey doesn't think period but it's also a feat of skill and talent IMO.
Even so, it was still just a joke, and the raw talent Mikey is meant to have really doesn't get shown. Though most of the spotlight is always to Leo anyway so it's not like Donny or Raph gets to showcase much either. But the shows still awesome imo cause of how it adds the elements all together from every other series.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2013 11:25 PM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

I still feel like donny is gonna be the staff favorite for some reason. I feel like he has solved the problem in almost every episode.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 07:06 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Relax, was just joking. Seriously though, the guy's colour is orange, like another certain thick-headed ninja we know and like. stick out tongue

Yeah. A rat learning uber techs just by watching his master is a little far-fetched, relatively speaking.

That was Donatello who could not fight without thinking, not Raphael. Raphael pretty much charges head-first into a fight without thinking, most of the time.
Besides, Donatello does in fact fight without thinking later on in that episode.

And yeah, the prequel comic for this show states that Mikey has more raw talent than the other three combined, but does not train enough to harness that talent. Pretty ridiculous.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Feb 26th, 2013 11:42 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Relax, was just joking. Seriously though, the guy's colour is orange, like another certain thick-headed ninja we know and like. stick out tongue

Yeah. A rat learning uber techs just by watching his master is a little far-fetched, relatively speaking.
I know stick out tongue. laughing But Mikey is awesome, Naruto not so awesome. Actually though orange does seem to be the thick-headed person. Kento of Hardrock from Ronin Warriors is another one.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2013 04:40 AM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

This may very well be my favorite animated series of the franchise (I'll go on record and admit I didn't really enjoy the 2003 series as much as I wished I could've). It not only hooked me the moment I was a third the way through the premiere (cemented as soon as Splinter decided to make Leonardo leader), but most of the show's own nuances do a pretty great job of carrying the humor-side of the show even with some of the liberties to more strongly-established notions. I never get tired of those Space Heroes clips, the Kraang are the Department of Redundancy Department incarnate (my most favored TvTropes trope among the tropes I favor most upon the TV tropes website which I frequently visit on a regular basis), and the extent of Donnie's crush on April hasn't failed to crack me up yet (especially that clip with his laptop).

And I gotta say, some of the obscure references in episode 4 are really stealthily put in there; Bradford's clearly a Chuck Norris pastiche, that's no secret, but am I the only one who noticed the Action Jeans reference?

I was always huge on the Ninja Turtles as a kid, and this show is doing a damn good job of reminding me of that.

As for my favorite Turtle, it is and always has been Raphael, but this series does a helluva good job at making them all equally appealing every chance given.

Last edited by BloodRawEngine on Mar 23rd, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2013 11:26 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

"There are lights of a vehicle which contain that which you wish us to call "the turtles" coming to this place, which you wish us to call "here". "

"We shall destory the ones called the turtles who call themselves the turtles."

"Stop the one that needs to be stopped."

Love the Kraang.

I know stick out tongue. laughing But Mikey is awesome, Naruto not so awesome. Actually though orange does seem to be the thick-headed person. Kento of Hardrock from Ronin Warriors is another one.

Naruto's kinda awesome these days.
Of course. What kind of ninja chooses orange?

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on Mar 30th, 2013 at 02:47 AM

Old Post Mar 30th, 2013 02:44 AM
Kento
The last Hokage

Naruto's kinda awesome these days.
Of course. What kind of ninja chooses orange?
I like Naruto less these days. I liked him better in part 1. And the kind who doesn't wanna hide obviously.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2013 03:21 AM