KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Demonic Phoenix

quote: (post)
Originally posted by emporerpants
Quick question, how is Leo in this? He was always my fav turtle. I heard some people say he kinda gets the short end of the stick here. Is that true?

Apart from Donatello, he's the most developed Turtle in terms of character, which is saying something, as they're all fairly developed as of the 23rd episode.

In terms of how well he does in combat, I'd say around half of their victories were due to his tactical prowess and skills, and he's slowly but surely stepping into his leadership role. In terms of actual combat prowess, he's a fairly close second to Raphael.

Leo hardly gets the short end of the stick in the show. None of the Turtles get the short end of the stick. They all have their moments of badassery and moments of embarrassment.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 03:02 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Awesome! I'll have to check out this show. Is there any release date for when the first season is on dvd?

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 07:43 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

So yeah, episode 24 was kick ass. They've established quite a few plot points that have made me all the more hyped for the season finale coming up, especially the humungous amount of foreshadowing of the last two scenes alone. I mean the season finale's trailer was hype enough, and there's been plenty of build-up established just from the last 90 seconds.

As for flaws, aside from the same one that most episodes have--that is, having a somewhat rushed along pace with the plot of the episode at hand (which is ultimately minor)--I suppose people who might dislike the notion of Donatello being arguably the most touched-upon turtle aren't really given anything to go against their arguments in this episode. But hey, I've never not been amused by his crush on April in this one (especially that picture on his laptop in an earlier episode).

The Newtralizer, I'll assume, will be more delved upon in season 2 as with Mutagen Man and Casey Jones.

Last edited by BloodRawEngine on Jul 30th, 2013 at 05:12 AM

Old Post Jul 30th, 2013 05:08 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Originally posted by BloodRawEngine

The Newtralizer, I'll assume, will be more delved upon in season 2 as with Mutagen Man and Casey Jones.

You picked a name without me?!

Old Post Jul 31st, 2013 03:45 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

LOVED IT. It's official - TMNT currently is my favorite show.
Gotta love Raph at the end of the episode trying to make up for offending Donny. I was hoping April would at least give Donny a little kiss at the end of the episode.

What? Don't tell me it's weird, after Madagaskar 2 anything's possible.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2013 05:24 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I actually would like to see them form some semblance of a relationship myself. Donnie wants it soooo bad.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2013 05:45 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Put as soon as you give him what he wants, the hoke stops being funny.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2013 05:52 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

*But* *joke*... I'm sorry...

Old Post Aug 1st, 2013 12:44 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Hey if a dragon and a donkey can have babies i dont see why this wont work...

A theory, what if in this show Karai turns out to be Splinter's daughter who supposedly died but instead got taken in by Shredder? Splinter did say she'd be around April's age and Karai is. We know nothing about her mother other than that she lost her and its doubtful that Shredder knocked up someone else while he and Splinter were battling for the same woman. Just a theory.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2013 09:18 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Pretty sure it's all but stated out loud that Karai is indeed Splinter's daughter.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Aug 4th, 2013 09:26 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Good then its not just me. Weird how noone talks about it, should be awesome when the truth comes out.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2013 09:03 AM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

So josh is gonna play Casey. Is it just me, or does he seem not... ney york enough.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2013 03:33 AM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

I'd post my thoughts/pros/cons on the Season Finale, but I'm still getting over the ****YEAHMEGAHYPE****YEAH that was the one-on-one fight between Splinter and Shredder. Not only was that pretty much the highlight of the finale, but it was by far the best fight between the two characters in any continuity I've seen. Really, it's proof that the whole Splinter being Hamato Yoshi, and not just his pet rat, was always a better move for plot reasons imo, or at the very least, this series definitely knows how to make the most of that idea. I've said before that this is prolly the most badass incarnation Splinter in any televised version, and this finale just cemented it.

That said, I only wish they didn't cut away from it as much as they did, but that's kinda a shared flaw that all the episodes of this series have had. And we didn't really see much of Dog Pound and Fishface aside from [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Splinter kicking their asses to the moon

Oh, and [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Karai is in fact Splinter's daughter Miwa. It was kinda obvious for anyone watching often enough, but it's nice to finally have it confirmed.

Last edited by BloodRawEngine on Aug 9th, 2013 at 08:09 AM

Old Post Aug 9th, 2013 08:06 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Keeping thT in mind gotta say that Shredder is one sick $&@&. I can understand him trying to kill Splinter out of love for a woman. But that other part of his plan... that is exactly what he wanted to happen. And that's just all kinds of messed up. And he was laughing about it too.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2013 05:05 PM
I-Drop
Privateer

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Apart from Donatello, he's the most developed Turtle in terms of character, which is saying something, as they're all fairly developed as of the 23rd episode.

In terms of how well he does in combat, I'd say around half of their victories were due to his tactical prowess and skills, and he's slowly but surely stepping into his leadership role. In terms of actual combat prowess, he's a fairly close second to Raphael.

Leo hardly gets the short end of the stick in the show. None of the Turtles get the short end of the stick. They all have their moments of badassery and moments of embarrassment.
Any badass Donny moments I should see? Episodes?

Old Post Aug 14th, 2013 04:29 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Donny is pretty badass in any episode. If you pick one st random, chances are he's the main character in it.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2013 05:03 PM
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by I-Drop
Any badass Donny moments I should see? Episodes?

Just watch all the episodes. But he was pretty cool in the 24th episode. He gained the upper hand over a non-serious Raphael in combat, and his wise-cracking reminded me of Spider-Man.
Plus the way the other three try and fail to break into a room that Donatello had earlier gotten access to, was hilarious.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2013 01:20 AM
SamZED

When he made a comment about Krang's mother I lol'ed

Old Post Aug 15th, 2013 08:47 AM
Demonic Phoenix

So, anyone else see the first episode of the second season?

Not as good as the first season's episodes IMO. Casey Jones appearing in the intro was a cool tease though.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2013 10:05 PM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Could've benefited more as a two-parter, but I think [SPOILER - highlight to read]: April's father being mutated and her cutting all ties with the turtles for the time being is an interesting idea for some initial tension of the season for at least the next couple episodes. It's also a nice little correlation that should give Donnie some more incentive to find a reverse to the mutation effects. And yeah, I loved that little Casey Jones cameo in the new opening. I honestly can't wait to see him in the show.

P.S. Farting butt cannons.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2013 04:16 AM