KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Bumping to say I just finished watching the latest episode Follow the Leader.

Great ep, best yet this season imo. Loved the action scenes and how the portrayed each of the boys' own zones so to speak, and how they bookended it in a way that also developed Leo's leadership role a bit, and the other brothers' respect for it. A mutual development. Some nice bit of progression for the peripheral plot of the season regarding Karai (not counting the stinger line from Splinter at the end), and there were about three or so witty little references to past continuities that I heard ("Your scanner's about as useless as a trenchcoat on a turtle.").

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2013 10:43 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I lost it on the trenchcoat line.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2013 10:48 PM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

So am I the only one watching season 2?

So far I like it a lot. Can't wait till its all resolved with Karai. Maybe she'll even join the team. Casey was awesome. And I liked what happened to Dogpound.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2013 08:57 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

I wonder who his "partner" will be.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2013 09:41 PM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

A super shark.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2013 09:45 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Gotta say, Bradford/Dogpound's [SPOILER - highlight to read]: new form as this continuity's Rahzar is probably my favorite mutant design on the show yet.

As for Casey Jones, I found myself liking Josh Peck's voice for him better than I thought I would. I'm hoping Jones finally starts coming into his own on his next appearance. I just hope April/Donatello fangirls would shut the f*ck up and do a little research on the character. I know it's a new continuity, but nine times outta ten, Jones has been the principal love interest of April. They even had a kid in the original comics.

Last edited by BloodRawEngine on Nov 19th, 2013 at 07:07 AM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2013 07:00 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BloodRawEngine
Gotta say, Bradford/Dogpound's [SPOILER - highlight to read]: new form as this continuity's Rahzar is probably my favorite mutant design on the show yet.

As for Casey Jones, I found myself liking Josh Peck's voice for him better than I thought I would. I'm hoping Jones finally starts coming into his own on his next appearance. I just hope April/Donatello fangirls would shut the f*ck up and do a little research on the character. I know it's a new continuity, but nine times outta ten, Jones has been the principal love interest of April. They even had a kid in the original comics.
Why? There are AprilDonnie fangirls that complain about Jones?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2013 08:33 PM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Like you wouldn't believe.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2013 11:00 PM
SamZED

This show keeps getting better and better.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2013 09:50 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BloodRawEngine

Jones was awesome in the original comics.

Yeah, he's been there since the start. If people complain about him now, what would they say if he knocked Shredder on his ass and single handedly saved the turtles? They'd call it PIS, probably, even though that's exactly what he did in early Mirage.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2013 10:06 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Okay, "Target: April O'Neil" watched, and I just plain gotta say this season is getting better by the episode. It feels like they're really beginning to tighten up the screws that gave the first season some pacing issues in each episode by-as IGN's review said-kinda combining the story arcs in each episode by justification of the past events that conceived some sort of link or convergence between the characters, all into something a little more cohesive, while still developing the more important or at least prominent little intricacies and pushing things forward at a much more satisfying pace. The big piece of progress was that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: April finally reconciled with the turtles, and while it's not inconceivable that they could've extended that arc along the entire season, a show like this cannot have such a confined plot point play out for that long without it getting stagnant, compared to something much more broad a la the mass city-wide outbreak of mutagen at the premiere (a pacing issue that I had with the 4Kids toon, which I ultimately found to be a pretty mundane series overall).

Casey Jones got to get in on some action, that's an insta-♥♥♥♥ yeah for me, and I like how it give some sensible background to his status as a more pragmatically sports-themed vigilante while also making use of the fact that he's now a teenager like April--he's a bit of a smart-ass but you can sense a lot of ambition in his actions and a lot of somewhat streetwise first-hand experience in his words, like that little tale he told April to help parallel what Donnie said at the start of the ep and put things into a grander perspective for her.

And of course, the ending of the ep with [SPOILER - highlight to read]: April giving Donnie a grateful peck on the cheek. I despise the Apri-Tello fangirls who do nothing but ***** an moan about Casey Jones, but as much a service as that last clip was for them, it was a long time coming in the show-as small, inconsequential a tidbit to the overarching story as it was-and the reaction was set accordingly over the top and amusingly so, and we got to hear another famous phrase of the franchise at long last.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2013 05:10 AM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Spoilers for the next episode (though it was a confirmation since Comic-Con)

Old Post Nov 28th, 2013 09:46 AM
SamZED

Holly ####!

Old Post Nov 29th, 2013 03:28 AM
KingD19

So [SPOILER - highlight to read]: is Spike going to be Slash or Tokka? I'm assuming Slash from the name of the episode but him being Dog Pounds new partner would be awesome.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2013 03:31 AM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

The Comic-Con panel confirmed that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: he's becoming Slash. He's also gonna be voiced by Corey Feldman.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2013 06:46 AM
SamZED

The last episode with Casey was just awesome. I laughed so hard near the end.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2014 07:00 PM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

I haven't talked about the episodes since the hiatus. Obvious spoilers ahead:

Slash and Destroy was damn good. Not only did Corey Feldman knock it out of the park with his performance as Slash, but they also managed to really bring Raph's development a bit more into its own, something that I think was kinda lacking in the previous season compared to how much Donatello or Leonardo seemed to get (and that's not just cuz Raphael is my favorite turtle). The episode seemed to try playing Slash as more of a really dark grey morality since all things considered, he still seems to hold Raph close, and I never got the idea that he was absolutely beyond some form or redemption into at least an anti-hero of a lighter shade of grey--like, he might stop seeing Raph's brothers as road-blocks for Raph and more as rivals. Oh, and Leo at a tea party.

"The Good, the Bad, and the Casey Jones" not only is named after one of my all-time favorite films, but it turned out to be one of the best episodes this season. Probably the top three imo. Not only was the action taken up a great notch in each scene, considering we finally Casey Jones going all-out toe-to-toe with Raph as per damn near tradition of the franchise in almost every continuity, but the episode was also a really good continuation of the arc that started with Slash and Destroy, making for a pretty good transition and continuity that more or less helped Raph become more well-rounded while establishing one of the most notable cameraderies in the franchise next to that of the four turtles themselves. As someone who adores the first live-action movie, I was almost INSTANT in recognizing the reference they made as well.

The Kraang Conspiracy was okay. I obviously ain't expecting the show to continue raising itself higher and higher in terms of episode quality and whatnot, but I definitely think they managed to bring out the main plot points that they wanted, and those that have been a question for many regarding April since the first season. April-Derp I can only say I'm glad was apparently a one-time villain, because I found her presence kinda forced, as opposed to established.

Fungus Humongous turned out to be the first real filler episode since like, Invasion of the Squirrelanoids. While I liked the idea of the plot, it could'a been represented better. I didn't get the Fantasia reference the first time, but I still think it was kind of a waste of 45 seconds. The Captain Ryan cameo though, INSTA-WIN. BRING BACK SPACE HEROES GODDAMMIT! All in all though, I'd have to call it the weakest ep this season so far imo, but I still got my laughs.

Metalhead Rewired started out modestly enough, but eventually turned itself up to be a pretty good episode altogether. The sci-fi robot movie references were noticeable, but not blatant, the plot twist regarding Metalhead's loyalty was actually somewhat heartwarming, and the big revelation of all the largely absent Mutants turned out to be a pretty sensible plot twist all things considered, though I understand some who might complain it was kind of a "wrote-into-a-corner" escape, but it still managed to push forward a few major subplots like with April's father, and I honestly loved that few-seconds moment of semi-reconciliation between Raph and Slash, even though Raph clearly wasn't the central focus of this episode. I do still think it was a pretty risky choice to outright free all of the captive mutants, some of whom are more than likely still gonna be hostile, but I suppose it can be surmised as a way to make sure they're around for if and/or when Donnie finally finds a cure to the mutations. I just hope Leatherhead finds a way out of Dimension X, since he was one of the few who wasn't in Kraang captivity. Overall, an improvement over the two previous ones imo.

We have the Ice Cream Kitty to look forward to next, and while I expect that to be more in line as another filler episode, I do think it was about time to re-explore Mikey's largely franchise-consistent love for cats, and in a rather interesting little twist.

Last edited by BloodRawEngine on Feb 28th, 2014 at 02:10 AM

Old Post Feb 28th, 2014 02:05 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Anyone else watch the Manhattan Project episodes? Was an awesome two part mid-season finale.

I nearly fell out of my chair when the 1987 Turtles showed up.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Mar 25th, 2014 02:42 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Same here. But other than that tbh I liked this finale a lot less than the first one. Not sure why but to me the story felt rushed and all over the place.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2014 10:11 AM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

I disagree. I think the plot points actually did a helluvalot better a job at conjoining than the season 1 finale did and in a much better pace.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2014 08:42 AM