KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SamZED

To each his own, I personally didn't enjoy it nearly as much as the first season finale. Tigerclaw's wrath episode was cool.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2014 04:40 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I enjoyed the 2 parter. Nice shout outs. Nice shout outs as a whole, really.
This season's been pretty good, with action humor and angst all up in the mix. Plot threads developed/solved. Characters followed up on. Supporting cast, to include a season 1 cat, brought in.Good stuff.

Something i like is Casey Jones not being equal to the turtles. He really shouldnt be, and i think thats been made clear.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2014 10:36 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Hahaha. Apparently Casey is an ass man.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2014 12:12 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

^People have been gravitating to it quite a few episodes before Casey has, pretty much since The Lonely Mutation of Baxter Stockman, especially if Tumblr posters are to be taken seriously.

Heh, taking tumblr posters seriously...

Anyway, with the season 2 finale probably just a couple episodes away, I can safely say that Season 2 has seriously upped the ante on everything I'd hoped it would have. Plenty more action with what looks like the animators putting in a lot more effort, Casey Jone's debut, some really badass new mutants (particularly Tiger Claw and Slash), some bigger plot points from the first season finally being touched upon and satisfyingly so in my opinion, some good character development for turtles who lacked a bit of it in the previous season (namely Raphael) humor and in-jokes that have only gotten better from the first season, Splinter proving on occasion why this is pretty much his most badass incarnation in the franchise, and there's really only two episodes I'd say I straight up didn't really like.

Anyway, I don't think there's been much discussion about Irma around here. She'd spent a lot of earlier episodes only being hinted at until "The Good, The Bad, and The Casey Jones". Since then, she's been in pretty much every opening scene involving April and Casey, and from what I can tell, she's been getting a little more sensitive and curious over being constantly ditched by April. She seems a bit sassier and snarkier than the '87 Irma as well, and her design overall has grown on me (I never found it bad, I just started off kinda neutral to it). Considering how close the season is to the finale, I doubt they're gonna do anything to introduce her to the Turtles right now, if that's gonna be an intention at all. I wouldn't be surprised if they do up her role a bit, a helluva lot of fans have been really fond of this Irma.

On an unrelated note, news has it that the series has both been renewed for a fourth season, and the Jason Biggs, who voices Leonardo, had to leave the show. I don't know who's been filling in for him in the recent episodes (Dominic something I believe), but from Season 3 onwards, Seth Green is reportedly going to be Leo's new voice. IGN or something should have the article.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2014 09:00 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

I think I could handle Seth as Leo...gonna take some getting used to, but he's not bad. I wonder why they didn't go after Michael Sinterniklaas, the guy who voiced Leo in the '03 TMNT.

Also, the one thing I'm kinda miffed about is them having Bradford(Razar) but not Tokka.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2014 07:18 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BloodRawEngine
^People have been gravitating to it quite a few episodes before Casey has, pretty much since The Lonely Mutation of Baxter Stockman, especially if Tumblr posters are to be taken seriously.

Heh, taking tumblr posters seriously...

Anyway, with the season 2 finale probably just a couple episodes away, I can safely say that Season 2 has seriously upped the ante on everything I'd hoped it would have. Plenty more action with what looks like the animators putting in a lot more effort, Casey Jone's debut, some really badass new mutants (particularly Tiger Claw and Slash), some bigger plot points from the first season finally being touched upon and satisfyingly so in my opinion, some good character development for turtles who lacked a bit of it in the previous season (namely Raphael) humor and in-jokes that have only gotten better from the first season, Splinter proving on occasion why this is pretty much his most badass incarnation in the franchise, and there's really only two episodes I'd say I straight up didn't really like.

Anyway, I don't think there's been much discussion about Irma around here. She'd spent a lot of earlier episodes only being hinted at until "The Good, The Bad, and The Casey Jones". Since then, she's been in pretty much every opening scene involving April and Casey, and from what I can tell, she's been getting a little more sensitive and curious over being constantly ditched by April. She seems a bit sassier and snarkier than the '87 Irma as well, and her design overall has grown on me (I never found it bad, I just started off kinda neutral to it). Considering how close the season is to the finale, I doubt they're gonna do anything to introduce her to the Turtles right now, if that's gonna be an intention at all. I wouldn't be surprised if they do up her role a bit, a helluva lot of fans have been really fond of this Irma.

On an unrelated note, news has it that the series has both been renewed for a fourth season, and the Jason Biggs, who voices Leonardo, had to leave the show. I don't know who's been filling in for him in the recent episodes (Dominic something I believe), but from Season 3 onwards, Seth Green is reportedly going to be Leo's new voice. IGN or something should have the article.

thumb up

IMO, Season 2 started off okay (i.e. not as good as Season 1 did), but quickly became better than Season 1.

About the one complaint I have of Season 2 is that there just hasn't been enough of the Kraang and their hilarious conversations; and we need more appearances from Ice-Cream Kitty.

Am really glad this show is successful enough to have been renewed, again. Sucks that Jason Biggs left though.

~ Just watched the Kuro Kabuto episode. Is that pre-mutagen Bebop I spy in Zeck? Though I don't want the awesomeness that is Zeck to get mutated...

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jun 24th, 2014 03:58 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

This latest body switch episode was fun.
The probe innuendo was gold. Casey's butt fixation, easily understandable. At least he was gentleman enough not to stare when April stretched in front of him, boobs just filling half the screen...!

Old Post Jun 24th, 2014 11:54 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Just finished the latest episode, Vengence is Mine, and damn, that was WHAM moment after WHAM moment to the very last second. The spoilers are honestly so serious that I'd have to say for now, you're gonna wanna watch the episode yourself. Overall, it's a helluva set-up for what the finale could offer on characterization.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2014 06:11 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Holly $&@& is all I have to say.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2014 04:19 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

After a day, I wanna just say that I think the most surprising part of the episode [SPOILER - highlight to read]: aside from the reveal at the end with Karai's mutation was Shredder's last line in the episode: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: "I will avenge my daughter."

I said this on one youtube vid, but that felt like a serious wham line in Shredder's case, because now he actually seems to have at least a source of some SMALL morality in Karai, more than likely because of her being the daughter of the woman he loved, and it also really draws a parallel with how Tang Shen was revealed to have died in Splinter's story in this same episode. I see the story arc for Shredder and Splinter really touching up on that in the future.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2014 12:17 AM
KingD19

I love how Shredder simply refuses to take responsibility for his actions, especially when it comes to Splinter.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2014 12:23 AM
riv6672

When people say love is blind it means more than just loving someone despite imperfections.
It means self blindness, too.
Also, everyone is the hero in their own story.
Shredder is one messed up guy....

Really good episode!

Old Post Jul 1st, 2014 01:09 PM
Giant Anteater
Restricted

Account Restricted

Older TMNT was waaaaaaaaay better.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2014 08:51 PM
Giant Anteater is currently offline Click here to Send Giant Anteater a Private Message Find more posts by Giant Anteater Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

^If you ain't gonna bother explaning, I ain't gonna bother saying anything besides: Nope. This is the best TMNT in a visual medium since the first movie.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2014 07:44 PM
riv6672

Agreed.
I have at least a passing acquaintance with all the toons. This is by far the best. The 2007 movie was in the ballpark, but this one has a sense of whimsy, and a freshness, owing to the de-aging (re-teening?) of the characters that puts it solidly ahead.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2014 11:39 AM
SamZED

The last one was a filler episode but it was hilarious. I honestly hope that stereotypical Asian guy becomes a recurrent villain. Also the last battle (the part with Casey) was brilliantly choreographed.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 05:40 PM
riv6672

Yeah i liked this episode.
Splinter seems really out of it, poor guy.
Nice to see April sort of acknowledging that Both Casey AND Donny like her.
I know enough to realize the line about Irma having power isnt a throwaway, so that'll be good.
Ho Shen's voice was familiar, but didnt catch the credits. Are there still Kraang underwater? Be weird if they found the dagger.
The power of pizza being showcased was terrific.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2014 09:51 AM
KingD19

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672

Ho Shen's voice was familiar, but didnt catch the credits. Are there still Kraang underwater? Be weird if they found the dagger.
The power of pizza being showcased was terrific.

Thus entire episode was a parody of Big Trouble in Little China. Ho Chen was Lo Pan and voiced and modeled after James Hong the guy who played him in the movie. Purple Dragons then the turtles were the Three Storms. And April and Irma were the girls needed to turn him human again. They even did the scene where he catches the knife they throw at him. Great homage.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2014 10:12 AM
riv6672

Yeah, i guess that made Casey Jack Burton! i was just wondering who the voice actor was, though.
Also, Mikey's post pizza burp...frikkin' classic.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2014 10:18 AM
SamZED

Mikey as the most competent turtle was hilarious.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 06:29 AM