KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » The Three Questions

The Three Questions
Started by: eninn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
So you're saying that since a juvenile rape victim is likely to commit suicide, that it merits less attention than murder from a moral point of view?huh

No. What I'm saying is that because a rape victim can commit suicide at any point—i.e. if she values death more than her life as a rape victim—she has that choice. Thus, it's more morally ambiguous than murder.

That has to be among the most asinine things I have read on this site.

That's because you didn't grasp what I wrote.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2012 07:23 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by Astner
No. What I'm saying is that because a rape victim can commit suicide at any point—i.e. if she values death more than her life as a rape victim—she has that choice. Thus, it's more morally ambiguous than murder.

no expression

That's because you didn't grasp what I wrote.

I did grasp it and found it to be similar to the sh1t which Brucie spouts on the Off-topic thread of the Comicbook VS forum.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2012 07:30 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

How does that make it morally ambiguous?

No, it would be wrong to do so. At least from my philosophical standpoint, a standpoint which I'm sure you and the other critics in this thread share.

Though I do find it odd why the marriage with a nine year-old strikes you as such a vile act. Especially since this was well over a thousand years ago when it was common all over the world, and in this case to the benefit of the child as well as her entire family.

I'd be more concerned with the wars Muhammad fought, because murder is less ambiguous on the moral compass than to have sex with a child, or to even rape a child. Because a rape victim can at any time take her own life.

I don't think time period should be a factor in figuring what's moral and what's immoral.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Last edited by Omega Vision on Nov 20th, 2012 at 07:38 PM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2012 07:33 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

no expression

(Sigh.) Another media drone?

It really shouldn't be that difficult to grasp. Death is final, rape isn't. That said, I don't promote rape. It's still a horrible crime.

I did grasp it and found it to be similar to the sh1t which Brucie spouts on the Off-topic thread of the Comicbook VS forum.

No you didn't grasp it because you misrepresented it.

Originally posted by Omega Vision
How does that make it morally ambiguous?

It doesn't. Note the use of the term "more" denoting relativism.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2012 07:37 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

It really shouldn't be that difficult to grasp. Death is final, rape isn't. That said, I don't promote rape. It's still a horrible crime.

Saying that murder is worse than rape is different from saying that rape is morally ambiguous.

It doesn't. Note the use of the term "more" denoting relativism.

Let me rephrase: how does it make it morally ambiguous to any degree?

Since you love maffs I'll put it this way: negative one is greater than negative two, but wouldn't it be a mistake to say that negative one is "positive", even in comparison to negative two?

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2012 07:39 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Saying that murder is worse than rape is different from saying that rape is morally ambiguous.

And that's why I never said that rape was morally ambiguous.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2012 07:40 PM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Poor attempt at an insult.

How does the finality of it(I disagree with that as well but w/e) make it less morally ambiguous than rape? Or morally ambiguous at all?

You're wrong in this assumption.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2012 07:45 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Poor attempt at an insult.

It wasn't meant as an insult, but rather to point out that you've given in to the glorification of death in media.

How does the finality of it(I disagree with that as well but w/e)

You disagree with that death is final?

make it less morally ambiguous than rape? Or morally ambiguous at all?

It doesn't make it ambiguous, simply less ambiguous.

It's like saying that an accelerated proton in the large hadron collider is slower than the speed of light in vacuum. But that doesn't necessarily mean that said proton is slow by any conventional standard.

You're wrong in this assumption.

No I'm not, you misrepresented my position proving that you did in fact not understand it. It's not a topic open to debate. Swallow your pride and move on.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2012 07:55 PM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

It wasn't meant as an insult, but rather to point out that you've given in to the glorification of death in media.

Don't insult your own intelligence by passing it off as something that its not.

You disagree with that death is final?

I disagree that the finality of death somehow makes it ambiguous on the moral compass(more or less or at all) as you explicitly stated on the previous page.

It doesn't make it ambiguous, simply less ambiguous.

How is it morally ambiguous to begin with ?
It's like saying that an accelerated proton in the large hadron collider is slower than the speed of light in vacuum. But that doesn't necessarily mean that said proton is slow by any conventional standard.

Your retarded analogy actually tells us that just because it is less morally ambiguous(heaven knows where you even got the premise behind such a strange notion) doesn't mean that it isn't morally ambiguous by any conventional standards.

No I'm not, you misrepresented my position proving that you did in fact not understand it. It's not a topic open to debate. Swallow your pride and move on.

If its not a topic to debate then why are you even debating it? Plus, you're still wrong in this assumption of yours.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2012 08:12 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Don't insult your own intelligence by passing it off as something that its not.

it's*

I disagree that the finality of death somehow makes it ambiguous on the moral compass(more or less or at all) as you explicitly stated on the previous page.

I didn't say that it was ambiguous, I said that it was less ambiguous. I've clarified this in three posts already.

How is it morally ambiguous to begin with ?

Once again, I never said that it was.

Your retarded analogy actually tells us that just because it is less morally ambiguous(heaven knows where you even got the premise behind such a strange notion) doesn't mean that it isn't morally ambiguous by any conventional standards.

Your replies are the only ones displaying hints of retardation. I never said that rape is morally ambiguous.

Plus, you're still wrong in this assumption of yours.

You must have one heck of an ego. Let's break this down. This is what you thought I meant:
So you're saying that since a juvenile rape victim is likely to commit suicide, that it merits less attention than murder from a moral point of view?huh

This is what I actually meant:
What I'm saying is that because a rape victim can commit suicide at any point—i.e. if she values death more than her life as a rape victim—she has that choice. Thus, it's more morally ambiguous than murder.

Notice the lack of correspondence between your explanation of my position and my actual position. Proving, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that you didn't comprehend it.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2012 08:28 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Though I do find it odd why the marriage with a nine year-old strikes you as such a vile act.

Especially since this was well over a thousand years ago when it was common all over the world, and in this case to the benefit of the child as well as her entire family.

I'm more repulsed by a 50+ year old man having sex with a nine year old than the marriage in of itself.

What does the time span and it being "common all over the world"(was it really?) have to do with anything? I'll ask another like scenario, slavery was common and in many parts of the world a 1,000 years ago, should I therefore not think slavery is wrong? Not that you'll likely answer, as you have a tendency to dodge.

Also find your dismissal of the act under the "benefit to the child and family" clause to be disturbing. Almost like it's okay to rape a child, as long as they[the child] benefit in some other fashion. Very NAMBLA-ish.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Nov 21st, 2012 at 03:30 AM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2012 03:27 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Astner will probably reply with some moral-themed bleen-grue argument.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2012 03:31 AM
dadudemon

Originally posted by eninn
It's simple

We kill the Batman?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2012 03:35 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

it's*

Irrelevant.

I didn't say that it was ambiguous, I said that it was less ambiguous. I've clarified this in three posts already.

Again: why is it ambiguous to begin with?

Once again, I never said that it was.

Once again, answer the question, question dodger.

Your replies are the only ones displaying hints of retardation. I never said that rape is morally ambiguous.

Pot calling kettle black.

You must have one heck of an ego. Let's break this down. This is what you thought I meant:

This is what I actually meant:

If you look at your own post more clearly, you'll see that this vague moral relativism that you've been harping on about for the last 2 pages is exactly what I assess from your post. You're trying too hard and failing too hard to make this any more complicated than it already is.

Notice the lack of correspondence between your explanation of my position and my actual position. Proving, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that you didn't comprehend it.

Lulz.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2012 03:42 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

ha

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 21st, 2012 03:42 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

lulz indeed

Old Post Nov 21st, 2012 03:47 AM
eninn

In fact,
I do not know where I should start in this article
Result
The beauty and wonder of this remarkable behavior

Love and compassion - equality between boys and girls - education and character building - health care - breastfeeding ..... and lots and lots

Continued with me in all fields

Mercy of the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him with the children

Kissing .....: A kind of physical contact, kissing is an expression of love that the Prophet often resort to. Sources indicate that his daughter Fatima and his grandchildren Hasan and Hussein (Abu Davud, "Adab" 144; Tirmizi, "Menakib" 50) kissed and he recommended it to others.

Seeing the Prophet kissing his grandson Hasan (or Hussein), a person named Akra b. Habis found this behavior strange and said: "I have ten children, but I have never kissed any of them." The Prophet gave this meaningful answer: "The merciless mercy will not be treated" (Buhari, "Adab" 18; Tirmizi, "Birr" 12).

Joking: It is known that joke is very important for children, who have a rich imagination. In the traditions relating to this subject, was witness that the Prophet measured and meaningful jokes at the same time were full of wisdom and instruction both for his grandchildren, Hasan and Hussein, and other children made:

A companion named Mahmud b. Rabi said that when he was five years old, the Prophet took some water from a bucket and threw it in his face and he did the same with the other children (Buhari, "Ilim" 18).

The exercise of the back and shoulders: A kind of physical contact, carrying children on his shoulders or back was an act often performed by the Prophet. In particular, each time he visited his daughter Fatima, he would immediately Hasan and Hussein, who would come to meet him on his back as a gesture of affection (Alauddin Ali al-Muttaki, Kenzu'l-Ummal , XVI, 274). Once he prayed with his granddaughter Umame on his back.

Another event that is relevant to the subject is as follows: Although he was sixty verses recited during the first unit of morning prayer, the Prophet finished the prayer by reading one of the shortest verses in the second unit, when he was a child cry heard . When asked why he did that, he gave this useful answer: "I heard a child crying and I shortened the prayer so as not to give the mother suffered" (Nasai, Qibla 35).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6n1...e=results_video

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2012 10:54 AM
eninn is currently offline Click here to Send eninn a Private Message Find more posts by eninn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eninn

Old Post Nov 25th, 2012 02:42 PM
eninn is currently offline Click here to Send eninn a Private Message Find more posts by eninn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eninn

Love shown to children is called "growth vitamin" by child psychology experts; because as a result of investigation and research, they have concluded that no kind of physical environment provided for a child or care shown can ever take the place of love.

On the other hand, in regard to socialization of the child, love that it has or has not seen plays a big role. When these realities are taken into consideration, it is obvious how important the love and interest the Prophet showed to children is from their perspective. The following examples of expressing love are manifestations of pure love in its most natural and plainest form that a father or grandfather can give a child.

Embracing: Recent studies made on the topic of people influencing one another demonstrate that physical touch is extremely effective. It is a fact that children who are still in the emotional development stage of childhood are perhaps most in need of love. It is foremost the duty of the parents to see that this need is sufficiently met. Many examples can be given on this subject from the Prophet's life:

Anas relates:

"I never saw anyone more compassionate to his family than the Prophet. The wet nurse of his son Ibrahim lived in one of Medina's border neighborhoods. The husband of the wet nurse was a blacksmith. Going there everyday to the smoke filled house, the Prophet would embrace, sniff and kiss the child "(Buhari," Adab "18; Muslim," Fedail "63).

As was the topic of many narrations of the Companions, the Prophet, sometimes going to Hasan and Hussein and sometime calling them to him, would embrace and kiss them (Buhari, "Fedailu's-Sahabe" 22; Tirmizi, "Birr" 11; Ibn Mace, "Adab" 3). He was not only showing this behavior for his own children, but for all children.

Ibn Rabia b. al-Haris relates: "My father sent me and Fazil, the son of Abbas, to the side of the Prophet. When we entered his presence, he had us sit on his right and left and then embraced us so tightly, we had never seen anyone stronger "(Ibn Hajer, al-Matalibu'l-Aliyye, II, 441.)

Old Post Nov 27th, 2012 03:32 PM
eninn

Old Post Nov 29th, 2012 05:01 PM