KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Revamped Hulk Respect Thread

Revamped Hulk Respect Thread
Started by: ODG

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

"The Hulk is the strongest hero in the world.....Hulk's power terrifies heroes and villains alike, and, at times, he has appeared to be unstoppable."

thumb up

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 20th, 2014 01:53 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Sorrow

Iron Man #20

One of the Mandarin rings seeks out a new host, and Banner/Hulk are one of the potential hosts it evaluates. Hulk is referred to as a "galactically known planetary threat."

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-LQveabwX_...520.INH-009.jpg

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 05:30 PM
The Sorrow is currently offline Click here to Send The Sorrow a Private Message Find more posts by The Sorrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

(please log in to view the image)

Hulk holding up a planet sized being. Doom is trying to keep him angry so that he will not fail. Amazing strength ft for Hulk.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2014 04:59 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bluddflagg

Carver, can you give more context? Because the force field seems to holding up said being, not the Hulk. Is he the energy source for the force field? Is he just holding together the conduit for it? Does the force field merely transfer the weight to the individual in the apparatus?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2014 06:04 PM
Bluddflagg is currently offline Click here to Send Bluddflagg a Private Message Find more posts by Bluddflagg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Sorrow

laughing out loud Carv the issue hasn't even come out yet.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2014 06:18 PM
The Sorrow is currently offline Click here to Send The Sorrow a Private Message Find more posts by The Sorrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kakuzu
A new heart I see!!

I know the new infinity event was pretty crappy but there was a pretty decent Hulk feat there. At like the very end when he fought against proxima midnight and her man she used her weapon and held him down with the force of a star. Think about this for a second guys, Hulk was being hulk down by a force of a star, yes he couldn't move but for his structure to survive that force, is pretty impressive no? To bring that more into context now a days a hero usually survives the weight of just a planet, but a star solar mass puts the weight of a planet to shame. If some one can look that up and post it that be a good feat, I'd do it but I deleted the event off my laptop once I got to the end and realized it kinda sucked and realized too late what I got rid of.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2014 09:31 PM
kakuzu is currently offline Click here to Send kakuzu a Private Message Find more posts by kakuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gamma Burst

Originally posted by carver9

Hulk holding up a planet sized being. Doom is trying to keep him angry so that he will not fail. Amazing strength ft for Hulk.

That's quite a feat!

Old Post Feb 21st, 2014 09:42 PM
Gamma Burst is currently offline Click here to Send Gamma Burst a Private Message Find more posts by Gamma Burst Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Bluddflagg
Carver, can you give more context? Because the force field seems to holding up said being, not the Hulk. Is he the energy source for the force field? Is he just holding together the conduit for it? Does the force field merely transfer the weight to the individual in the apparatus?

I don't know but going by Doom words, this requires Hulk strength to pull this ft off. Why tell Hulk to stay angry? Why tell him the weight of the world rests on your shoulder?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2014 09:56 PM
Bluddflagg

I don't know but going by Doom words, this requires Hulk strength to pull this ft off. Why tell Hulk to stay angry? Why tell him the weight of the world rests on your shoulder?

So...you're jumping to conclusions concerning this feat then, when you have no clue to the context or meaning of it?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2014 10:52 PM
Bluddflagg is currently offline Click here to Send Bluddflagg a Private Message Find more posts by Bluddflagg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

http://www.comicbookresources.com/i...LR2-4-b712b.jpg

That is not a strength feat, per se. The energy-source from which Hulk derives his strength is being harnessed and repurposed(via retardedly haxxed tech) to shield the earth from Exitar's foot. Hulk himself is not physically holding Exitar's foot at bay--he is simply the medium through which said energies are being channeled.

...But in terms of raw energy output/potential, that is very impressive.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 21st, 2014 10:53 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bluddflagg

Originally posted by Galan007
That is not a strength feat, per se. The energy-source from which Hulk derives his strength is being harnessed and repurposed(via retardedly haxxed tech) to shield the earth from Exitar's foot. Hulk himself is not physically holding Exitar's foot at bay--he is simply the medium through which said energies are being channeled.

...But in terms of raw energy output/potential, that is very impressive.

Is Marvel still billing Hulk's strength and mass as coming from Hyperspace? And would that play at all into the Celestial's recent weird treatment of Hyperspace as anathema?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2014 11:02 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

When has Hulk's strength ever come from Hyperspace?

It's not a strength feat but it is a MASSIVE power feat as the field is holding up a being that dwarf's a planet.

Then again, Hulk's power directly comes from his strength amping so I guess in that way it is an -indirect- strength feat.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2014 02:13 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
When has Hulk's strength ever come from Hyperspace?

It's not a strength feat but it is a MASSIVE power feat as the field is holding up a being that dwarf's a planet.

Then again, Hulk's power directly comes from his strength amping so I guess in that way it is an -indirect- strength feat.

He is talking about fhe time Hulk and Banner seperated during the Onslaught saga. His power came from Hyperspace during that time.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2014 04:38 AM
Bluddflagg

He is talking about fhe time Hulk and Banner seperated during the Onslaught saga. His power came from Hyperspace during that time.

Yeah. I just wasn't aware if they ever directly retconned that or just never referenced it again.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2014 05:42 PM
carver9

Originally posted by Bluddflagg
Yeah. I just wasn't aware if they ever directly retconned that or just never referenced it again.

I've recently found out that didn't have a thing to do with Hulk. Energy from another universe was coursing through him due to his lost connection with Banner.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2014 08:17 PM
HulkIsHulk

I believe that the forcefield draws power from Hulk. Also I have another feat. Hulk is unfazed by some guy's death touch, who Ock or Superior Spider Man was sure would kill Hulk. That guy was called Skull or Cleb or something. In Avenging Spider-Man #21

Old Post Feb 25th, 2014 03:11 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Here's it hope it works

Old Post Feb 25th, 2014 03:21 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Hulk is Hulk...is this the ft you are talking about with Hulk overpowering Namor with one hand?

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/c...c7517f.jpg.html
http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/c...60e193.jpg.html

Old Post Feb 26th, 2014 04:02 AM
HulkIsHulk

Hulk is Hulk...is this the ft you are talking about with Hulk overpowering Namor with one hand?

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/c...c7517f.jpg.html
http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/c...60e193.jpg.html

Yep, that's the one. Right on. Thanks.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2014 07:51 AM
HulkIsHulk

And by the way, how do you open an account in Photobucket? Is payment required?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2014 07:54 AM