KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Disney acquires Lucasfilm; Episode VII proposed for 2015

Disney acquires Lucasfilm; Episode VII proposed for 2015
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (74): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

quote: (post)

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 08:11 PM
Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 08:17 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gambler
Galaxy's most wanted

Originally posted by focus4chumps
then what the hell are you smiling about?

That's the spirit!

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 08:48 PM
Click here to Send Gambler a Private Message Find more posts by Gambler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

I told you all SuperShadow was for real. You didn't listen! big grin

On a more serious note, I really hope the original cast returns, but I doubt that will be a possibility. Harrison Ford would probably be the most difficult one to cast.

If the original cast was involved in this new trilogy, the events would have to occur about 30 years after ROTJ due to how everyone aged.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 11:24 PM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Space Opera

Originally posted by CaedusRules
I'm excited for some new Star Wars movies. Have heard they will be stand alone trilogy, but I don't want them to stomp over EU.

Oh they will. Plus, this ain't Star Trek anyways. Being a Star Wars fan isn't about focusing on timelines or continuity (how disappointing would that be?) it's about characters and world building. The timeline after VI is already WELL beyond saving as far as continuity is concerned, so they may as well scrap everything. Disney will destroy the EU because they now have rights to do so and why wouldn't they? It's their baby now and it's their job to tell the ACTUAL stories of what happened after VI without having to worry about some loosely canon storylines.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 11:40 PM
Click here to Send Space Opera a Private Message Find more posts by Space Opera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by sweersa
I told you all SuperShadow was for real. You didn't listen! big grin

On a more serious note, I really hope the original cast returns, but I doubt that will be a possibility. Harrison Ford would probably be the most difficult one to cast.

If the original cast was involved in this new trilogy, the events would have to occur about 30 years after ROTJ due to how everyone aged.

Or hey they could just use different actors. That worked out well enough for Obi-Wan Kenobi.

But one things for sure, Episode 7 better feature Luke as an accomplished Jedi Master or I personally won't be interested.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 11:45 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Well hello everyone.

Well here we are.........again.

We're all here at KMC to talk about a new Star Wars movie, or should I see a new trilogy. This was quite unexpected.

I'm a little late on this, I didn't see the news until this morning. So I expect this post will be quickly glossed over, but I had to share my thoughts.

I was drinking my coffee at work, getting ready to work on a clip reel for one of the shows I work on. (I work in television). I was sipping my joe and was doing my usual internet rounds before I get to work. I went to IGN to see if any new GTA V news was abound and saw the aforementioned article. This was my reaction:

Me reading:

"Star Wars Disney?????......what's this a new disney land ride? (click).................Disney purchases Lucas film for 4.5 billlion.....................whoa..........what?????????????..................................new trilogy starting with episode 7 in 2015............WHOA WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????"

I seriously didn't know what to think, I still don't. I thought this film series was done.
I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing.

What is going to happen in these new movies?
What will happen to the current existing movies?
Will everyone get the theatrical OT's finally?
Star wars battlefront 3????
Will the 20th century fox fanfare be removed? ( something I always felt was synominous with Star wars)

Nevertheless, here we are, and here I am.

I'll be here as news rolls in. I'll be here when screen shots start coming up. I'll be here when the first trailer hits.

We have something new to talk about, complain about, cheer about, and fear about.

I'm guessing a new forum called "sequel trilogy" should be showing up soon.

I look forward to chatting with you guys about this over the next 7 years.

Just like old times.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2012 12:57 AM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Since Fox owns the rights to the movies, the fanfare won't be removed...until 2020 that is

I too think it will be odd not hearing the Fox fanfare, it was part of the excitement I felt whenever I was watching the movies for the first time. hearing the crowd roar when it was about to begin blink

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Nov 1st, 2012 02:48 AM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by OB1-adobe
Well hello everyone.

Well here we are.........again.

We're all here at KMC to talk about a new Star Wars movie, or should I see a new trilogy. This was quite unexpected.

I'm a little late on this, I didn't see the news until this morning. So I expect this post will be quickly glossed over, but I had to share my thoughts.

I was drinking my coffee at work, getting ready to work on a clip reel for one of the shows I work on. (I work in television). I was sipping my joe and was doing my usual internet rounds before I get to work. I went to IGN to see if any new GTA V news was abound and saw the aforementioned article. This was my reaction:

Me reading:

"Star Wars Disney?????......what's this a new disney land ride? (click).................Disney purchases Lucas film for 4.5 billlion.....................whoa..........what?????????????..................................new trilogy starting with episode 7 in 2015............WHOA WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????"

I seriously didn't know what to think, I still don't. I thought this film series was done.
I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing.

What is going to happen in these new movies?
What will happen to the current existing movies?
Will everyone get the theatrical OT's finally?
Will the 20th century fox fanfare be removed? ( something I always felt was synominous with Star wars)

Nevertheless, here we are, and here I am.

I'll be here as news rolls in. I'll be here when screen shots start coming up. I'll be here when the first trailer hits.

We have something new to talk about, complain about, cheer about, and fear about.

I'm guessing a new forum called "sequel trilogy" should be showing up soon.

I look forward to chatting with you guys about this over the next 7 years.

Just like old times.

Bro-hug.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2012 03:37 AM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

If no one has mentioned it, Lucas is remaining as a "consultant" to the future films.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 1st, 2012 04:10 AM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I just remembered that Tron Legacy, where they did the amazing job of de-aging Jeff Bridges, was owned and made by Disney. This could bode well for having Luke and co in Episode VII.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Nov 1st, 2012 08:05 AM
Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Morridini
I just remembered that Tron Legacy, where they did the amazing job of de-aging Jeff Bridges, was owned and made by Disney. This could bode well for having Luke and co in Episode VII.

And it looked creepily computer generated. It was not fooling anyone. Maybe with improvements made in computing power and software, it will look much more convincing?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2012 11:02 AM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

It looked pretty well in my mind, combine this with several years of advancements AND a Star Wars sized budget and we might be there.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Nov 1st, 2012 11:43 AM
Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Sheriff
Bantha Rustlers Beware

Originally posted by OB1-adobe

Hell yeah!

Old Post Nov 1st, 2012 12:41 PM
Click here to Send Jedi Sheriff a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Sheriff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

It looked pretty well in my mind, combine this with several years of advancements AND a Star Wars sized budget and we might be there.

It's pointless Imo. Just use new actors! It'll be ok! Worked for the Star Trek reboot anyway.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2012 01:05 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaedusRules

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
It's pointless Imo. Just use new actors! It'll be ok! Worked for the Star Trek reboot anyway.

It would be a sin to have new actors play Luke, Han, Leia, etc. A Mortal sin. Reboots are completely different. If you try and put Ashton Kutcher as Luke, Daniel Craig as Han, and Anne Hathaway as Leia there will be riots, and cities will burn. It might be the end of civilization as we know it.

Besides, they already said this will be an Original Trilogy. To me that means new Characters. You might see Luke as a Jedi Master on a counsil, you might not.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2012 02:56 PM
Click here to Send CaedusRules a Private Message Find more posts by CaedusRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaedusRules

If I was Disney and I was doing an Original Trilogy I would make it at least Episode 10. That way once the technology does become good enough, you can have a 7-9 of the original characters in CGI. And once you have that, then you dont even really need the original actors. If they are "gone" or wont sign, there are people out there that can mimick thier voices perfectly.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2012 03:01 PM
Click here to Send CaedusRules a Private Message Find more posts by CaedusRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
If no one has mentioned it, Lucas is remaining as a "consultant" to the future films.

whatever that means

Old Post Nov 1st, 2012 03:07 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

http://www.slashfilm.com/george-luc...logy-last-year/

ok so apparently george lucas invited mark hammil and carrie fisher out to lunch a year ago and explained his plans for a new trilogy.

it's not explained whether he was just getting the input of some old friends or suggesting that they would be a part of it. however the latter seems far more likely imho.

hammil stated:

quote:
Yeah, last August, he asked Carrie and I to have lunch with him and we did. I thought he was going to talk about either his retirement or the Star Wars TV series that I’ve heard about — which I don’t think we were going to be involved in anyway, because that takes place between the prequels and the ones we were in and, if Luke were in them, he’d be anywhere from a toddler to a teenager so they’d get an age-appropriate actor — or the 3-D releases. So when he said, “We decided we’re going to do Episodes VII, VIII, and IX,” I was just gobsmacked. “What? Are you nuts?!”

and also:

quote:
I can see both sides of it. Because in a way, there was a beginning, a middle, and an end and we all lived happily ever after and that’s the way it should be — and it’s great that people have fond memories, if they do have fond memories. But on the other hand, there’s this ravenous desire on the part of the true believers to have more and more and more material. It’s one of those things: people either just don’t care for it or are passionate about it. I guess that defines what cult movies are all about. We’ll see.

referring todisney aquiring lfl:

quote:
“I have mixed feelings about that, but they haven’t done badly by Marvel and the Muppets and Pixar [...] It’s one of those big decisions that at first seems unusual but then the more you look at it, the more it makes sense.”

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Last edited by focus4chumps on Nov 1st, 2012 at 03:27 PM

Old Post Nov 1st, 2012 03:23 PM
Darth Thor

It would be a sin to have new actors play Luke, Han, Leia, etc. A Mortal sin. Reboots are completely different. If you try and put Ashton Kutcher as Luke, Daniel Craig as Han, and Anne Hathaway as Leia there will be riots, and cities will burn. It might be the end of civilization as we know it.

No I'm pretty sure people would understand that those actors are too old now.

We had a new actor portraying Alec Guiness's legendary Ben Kenobi. That turned out well Imo.

And Episode 7 would be a sequel/reboot seen as it will be the first SW movie not created by Lucas.

Whilst the new Star Trek was a prequel/reboot. That worked out well, simply because they had good actors portraying the same legendary characters.

There's nothing overtly special about Mark Hamill or Carrie Fisher that they can't be replaced.

Besides, they already said this will be an Original Trilogy. To me that means new Characters. You might see Luke as a Jedi Master on a counsil, you might not.

No they've said it will be an Original Story. As in they're not going to take any existing storylines from books or comics.

If it doesn't at least have Luke with a major part then I don't see how that will be Episode 7. And I personally would have no excitement for it.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2012 03:49 PM