KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » New Star Wars Film Series - nominate some directors

New Star Wars Film Series - nominate some directors
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
direct page to screen adaptions

how is this different than the directorial process of following storyboards?

https://chzsetphaserstolol.wordpres...en-storyboards/

sucker punch only tells me that he is not good at building a film from the ground up. it says nothing against his directing abilities.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Last edited by focus4chumps on Nov 28th, 2012 at 01:13 PM

Old Post Nov 28th, 2012 01:06 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by focus4chumps
and michael arndt did xmen last stand, yet everyone did a group fanboy squeel when he was added.

when man of steel comes out and wows everyone, the same people will be like "omg zack snyder pwns, brah"

Snyder likes fancy shots, but he's not much of a storyteller.

300 - a lot of thse same stuff with a new look. But a new look does not a story or film make
Watchmen - certainly lost the plot of the comic books while being so focussed on getting all the shots look the same as in the comic.
Sucker Punch - Nuff said.

If Man of Steel becomes a story success, I'm afraid I'll have to credit Nolan. Snyder has shown as much subtlety in storytelling as Michael Bay: "as long as it goes boom..."

Last edited by queeq on Dec 24th, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2012 09:09 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

so regardless of how he does on man of steel, you're still right and he sucks. convenient.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

Old Post Dec 17th, 2012 02:12 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well no... but I base my evaluation on all his work. And if he suddenly, after a bunch of poor movies makes a decent one, I try to understand what makes it different. And saying that Christopher Nolan's contribution (with an impressive CV of movies like Memento, Insomnia, The Prestige, Inception and the Dark Knight Trilogy) IS making it different is not a bad analysis, I;d say.

Snyder: a bunch of sucky movies
Nolan: a bunch of great movies.

So if it's lousy, one could certainly question Nolan's producer qualities but not his directing skills. One could certainly doubt Snyder's abilities by then. If it's good, I can still make a case that Nolan's idea for Man of Steel (for it was his) and his producing skills contribute to its success.

Balance: Nolan makes the difference.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2012 12:22 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

watchmen was not shitty.

so apparently jj abrams was offered the job, and he turned it down.

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-...ckson-and-more/

Last edited by focus4chumps on Dec 27th, 2012 at 01:10 AM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 01:04 AM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Originally posted by focus4chumps
watchmen was not shitty.

so apparently jj abrams was offered the job, and he turned it down.

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-...ckson-and-more/

The potential of having Samual L Jackson in the next movies was funny. Perhaps as a force ghost. Funny people did argue that Mace Windu didn't die in ROTS......

I hope he died cause he doesn't need to be in the next movies. Having Ewan Mcgregor as as force ghost Obiwan would be better

Last edited by JediRobin23 on Dec 27th, 2012 at 08:53 AM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 08:50 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Sheriff
Bantha Rustlers Beware

I like Kevin Smith, but he should not be doing anything Star Wars related, he'll fill it with stupid jokes about SW fans "Paying to watch rubbish SW movies", while the person delivering the line will look at the camera with an; Oh yes, we went there, look upon their face, he'll have himself and Jason Mewes in it as Jay and Silent Bob and a whole bunch of other reasons that only prove how up his own arse he's become.

Another annoying person who thinks they are unique because they've seen Star Wars is Edgar Wright, I'm surprised his name hasn't come up yet (Unless it has).

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 02:27 PM
Click here to Send Jedi Sheriff a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Sheriff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I don't think Wright should do it, he has a unique style that I doubt would fit SW. Almost makes me feel about the rumour that Cronenberg and Lynch were asked once to do ROTJ.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2012 12:59 PM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

like abrams, it seems del toro was approached by disney to direct and turned it down

http://www.slashfilm.com/guillermo-...ider-directing/

Old Post Jan 7th, 2013 06:48 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Two strikes with two solid directors. Ouch.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 7th, 2013 10:41 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Jedi Sheriff
I like Kevin Smith, but he should not be doing anything Star Wars related, he'll fill it with stupid jokes about SW fans "Paying to watch rubbish SW movies", while the person delivering the line will look at the camera with an; Oh yes, we went there, look upon their face, he'll have himself and Jason Mewes in it as Jay and Silent Bob and a whole bunch of other reasons that only prove how up his own arse he's become.

Except that if Smith were to direct, it would probably be a different matter than if he were scripting. (Scripting being the bit where they determine the words etc) so the jokes wouldn't be a factor.

This, and the guy's respect for the subject matter would also likely preclude him from including any SmithJerseyVerse shenanigans such as Jay and Silent Bob cameo sort of activities.

The Smith hatred flows through you... sad

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jan 8th, 2013 01:53 AM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Kevin Smith defended Attack of the Clones. YMMV.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 8th, 2013 01:58 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Peter Jackson, Christopher Nolan, Nicolas Meyer, John Mctiernan

Where is John Mctiernan these days anyway? he hasn't done anything since 2003

Old Post Jan 8th, 2013 07:08 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

If Chris Nolan ever took on Star Wars, I hope they just go balls-to-the-walls with it. Dark, gritty, deep. It'd be a helluva departure from the standard SW formula, butt f*ck it... experiment.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2013 11:55 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I hope they just go balls-to-the-walls with it. Dark, gritty, deep. It'd be a helluva departure

(please log in to view the image)

Been there; done that. It was fantastic; best film of the series.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2013 12:44 AM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Wait... you're definition of dark and gritty is Empire? RotS was darker (not grittier).

Not better though. Which goes to show it needs to be done well. Nolan-style, baby.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2013 01:50 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Hayden Christensen whining and blowing shot-bubbles while raging didn't do it for me.

I'd take a Paul Verhoeven over a Nolan in the next chapter of Star Wars myself.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2013 04:34 AM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Robtard
Hayden Christensen whining and blowing shot-bubbles while raging didn't do it for me.

I'd take a Paul Verhoeven over a Nolan in the next chapter of Star Wars myself.

If his Star Trek efforts are anything to go by, then imagine the plotholes. no expression Also, if he directed a Star Wars film, it would be too crazy...he's a Star Trek dude...you don't cross streams.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2013 11:22 AM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by dadudemon
If his Star Trek efforts are anything to go by, then imagine the plotholes. no expression Also, if he directed a Star Wars film, it would be too crazy...he's a Star Trek dude...you don't cross streams.
But imagine if they did! Think of the Nerdsurgence!

Old Post Jan 10th, 2013 11:43 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Uh what??

is that what i'm getting Paul Verhoeven did some Star Trek?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2013 12:40 PM
Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote