KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Need a little help

Need a little help
Started by: Crujir

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Crujir

Need a little help

I'm compiling a list of all the DC characters Batman has gone up against that are outside of the norm for him. Obviously, he's taken on Joker, Killer Croc, etc, but in the DC universe in general, I need comic book references, even alternate universe ones, where Bats clashed with someone outside of Gotham's circle of crazies.

Example, The Dark Knight Returns. He took on Supes with synthetic Kryptonite and essentially won (if this is inaccurate, feel free to correct me; I haven't read it in forever). I'm currently trying to find out if he has ever taken on the flash. I searched online forever for a list of people Batman has defeated, or fought in general, but couldn't find anything except debates on whether or not he can beat everyone, ever, which wasn't helpful. I need information, not debates.

If anybody has information regarding this, with verifiable sources that I can use, I would appreciate it. I'm currently working on a very large project and really need the help. I simply do NOT feel like reading ever Batman comic ever written. I just need to find out who he has encountered and battled, and who won, if there was a victory at all.

Thanks in advance smile

Last edited by Crujir on Nov 9th, 2012 at 02:19 AM

Old Post Nov 9th, 2012 02:16 AM
Crujir is currently offline Click here to Send Crujir a Private Message Find more posts by Crujir Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Crujir

I forgot: If anybody knows of a character, DC Universe or otherwise, that Batman has taken on and not EVER defeated, I'd definitely like to know. Internet searches aren't doing me a lot of good.

Once again if you can provide sources (endorsed by DC) it would be great.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2012 05:04 AM
Crujir is currently offline Click here to Send Crujir a Private Message Find more posts by Crujir Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

I think in the JLA vs Avengers comic Batman fought Captain America and lost...

Old Post Nov 9th, 2012 02:33 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Spawn amped his strength and kicked his ass in Spawn/Batman.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2012 06:04 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

There was a JLA issue where Batman came across The Punisher in Gotham City. The actual fight was never shown but it was strongly hinted that Batman won.

There was an Elseworld mini series where Tarzan was visiting Gotham. A misunderstanding led to a brief battle where both conceded neither would win & they became allies.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2012 08:18 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Batman has clashed with Judge Dredd a few times

Judgement on Gotham & Vendetta in Gotham.

Last edited by Kazenji on Nov 13th, 2012 at 08:38 AM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2012 08:26 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Crujir
If anybody knows of a character, DC Universe or otherwise, that Batman has taken on and not EVER defeated, I'd definitely like to know.

no, they've all been defeated or allowed to believe they haven't been defeated but will be in the future.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2012 02:24 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Sheriff
Bantha Rustlers Beware

In the Batman versus Predator graphic novel he ends up in hospital in a bad way, don't remember if he defeated the Pred or not as I haven't read that since I was a kid, but I would assume Bats still won somehow.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2012 08:20 PM
Jedi Sheriff is currently offline Click here to Send Jedi Sheriff a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Sheriff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote