KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Spawn Reboot

Spawn Reboot
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
unless he has a great turn as Electro then he would be a major mistake..

i am also hoping for this reboot to be a little more dark and have lots of good violence

I think he would make for a fine, Spawn. I just think there would be better choices. Although, i'm sure his name power would do quite a lot for production. The last time I heard read anything from, Mcfarlane on this he wanted to take Spawn in a completely different direction. Personally, I'm with you. I just want to see a better script and a darker tone.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 11:19 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I just think there would be better choices. Although, i'm sure his name power would do quite a lot for production.

Exactly. His star power would be great for marketing. From the man who played a badass slave, Ray Charles, and Wanda... we bring you SPAWN.

(please log in to view the image)

Wanda from In Living Color

lol

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 12:55 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

F*ck that's hot no expression

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 02:32 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

With all the other major super hero movies set in the present day...I'd like to maybe see Spawn set in Medieval times "as a complete change of direction."

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 03:25 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
...I'd like to maybe see Spawn set in Medieval times "as a complete change of direction."

Game of Spones? Or Spawn of Thrones??

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 03:32 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Spawn vs The Knights Of Ni.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 03:43 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
With all the other major super hero movies set in the present day...I'd like to maybe see Spawn set in Medieval times "as a complete change of direction."

Forgive me but that would be incredibly ****ing stupid.

1.Al Simmons, the spawn we all know and love was black.
2.Spawn uses various firearms to not deplete his powers
3. Others Spawn characters are shyt...so no dark ages

My Reality Is Your Imagination.

Last edited by 0mega Spawn on Jan 24th, 2014 at 04:44 AM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 04:40 AM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
Forgive me but that would be incredibly ****ing stupid.

Well judging by your namesake, you're obviously a bigger fan & more well-versed in Spawn.

I remember the movie having alot of potential but being such a dark character (no pun intended), the general public knew little of Spawn & audiences were mixed in judgement about the movie.
There was no clear line of good vs evil but more on choosing the lesser evil of characters portrayed.

I also remember the comics. Macfarlane is a great artist but lousy writer/story teller. He had a bad habit of sacrificing plot by constantly introducing more characters.

As you pointed out Spawn uses firearms so as not to deplete his powers....so wouldn't an ancient setting be more challenging for him not to turn to the dark side without the use of modern weapons?

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 07:58 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

They've also done a Medieval spawn in the comics

http://www.comicvine.com/medieval-spawn/4005-49087/

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 09:22 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Kazenji

This is what I based my opinion on.

Omega Spawn must think Macfarlane's ideas are F-ing stupid too.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2014 12:25 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

He thinks alot of things are ****en stupid

he was going on about character's haircuts in the 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' thread, Of all the things that mattered that one stood out for him the most erm

Old Post Jan 25th, 2014 04:10 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

Like i said no dark ages spawn...
Why cast aside the most prominent spawn for a character found in wayyy less appearances, and fanbase?
He thinks alot of things are ****en stupid

he was going on about character's haircuts in the 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' thread, Of all the things that mattered that one stood out for him the most erm

Hell yeah that stands out to me. Im a barber for gods sake

And what you are referring to is my comments on bishops SHITTY WIG erm

Old Post Jan 27th, 2014 07:16 AM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Shows where your priorities are.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2014 07:17 AM
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

Shows where your priorities are.

Yeah a profitable and satisfying film...

Old Post Jan 27th, 2014 07:18 AM
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

Your problem kazenji, is that you open wide when presented with the feces Hollywood wants to shove down your throat

Old Post Jan 27th, 2014 07:24 AM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Your problem kazenji, is that you open wide when presented with the feces Hollywood wants to shove down your throat

Old Post Jan 27th, 2014 09:00 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

Originally posted by Stealth Moose

???
Man that's so funny no expression

Especially when looking at the fact im just pointing out the fact he willingly accepts lazy Hollywood bs.

But you probably already knew that.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2014 01:58 AM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Especially when looking at the fact im just pointing out the fact he willingly accepts lazy Hollywood bs.

And yet... you want another generic caped superhero armed with generic guns set in generic present day,battling yet another generic enemy that threatens to take over or destroy the world.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jan 28th, 2014 04:25 AM
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

I dont remember saying i wanted a generic film.
I do remember saying i think it'd be more successful if they'd stick with the best spawn...
Even with the worst writers ever it'd be quite a feat to make spawn a generic hero movie no expression
How many superhero movies features a undead mercenaries bonded to demonic symbiotes? Hell al simmons would be the like 4th black superhero with the main character being black including himself by MJW laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 28th, 2014 04:43 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

isn't kevin hart up for the role???

HAHAHAHAHA

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 28th, 2014 05:13 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote