KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Ender's Game

Ender's Game
Started by: focus4chumps

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

Not read the books. Is the character a Maori?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 2nd, 2013 01:50 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

...seriously?

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post May 2nd, 2013 05:09 PM
focus4chumps is currently offline Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Haven't the read the book in about ten years, myself. I don't remember Rackham having tattoos.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 2nd, 2013 07:22 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by focus4chumps
...seriously?

Haven't read the book and the story takes place in a fictional futuristic society. So yes.

Old Post May 2nd, 2013 11:16 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

trailer coming up may 7. some battle room footage in the anouncement:

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 03:05 PM
focus4chumps is currently offline Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

trailer is out

not sure i like seeing f-35's at the beginning. i knows its a flashback but wtf. how do we instantly jump from f-35 to battle cruisers?

Last edited by focus4chumps on May 7th, 2013 at 09:20 PM

Old Post May 7th, 2013 09:18 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by focus4chumps

not sure i like seeing f-35's at the beginning. i knows its a flashback but wtf. how do we instantly jump from f-35 to battle cruisers?

That's where the "70 years after a horrific alien war" comes in.

Old Post May 7th, 2013 09:32 PM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

right but mazor rachum was there commanding battle cruisers at the beginning. remember how everyone was surprised he was still alive since in terms of earth years he was ancient.

Old Post May 7th, 2013 09:34 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Not sure who is who exactly, as I've not read the books. I just assumed the "70 years after" was the reason for the technological jump in the preview.

Old Post May 7th, 2013 10:53 PM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

well you should read it or better yet dl the audiobook

Old Post May 7th, 2013 11:15 PM
ckakarate1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree with 'focus4chumps'

Old Post May 17th, 2013 07:07 PM
ckakarate1 is currently offline Click here to Send ckakarate1 a Private Message Find more posts by ckakarate1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

apparently i'm very good at persuading bots. smile

Old Post Jul 16th, 2013 03:43 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

It's the butthole-like mouth of your avvy, it draws them in.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2013 05:06 PM
siriuswriter

You really should read the books, or at least Ender's Game. Some of the sequels are pretty weird but my favorite is Xenophobia. Oh, and there's a sort of companion's book to Ender's Game, told from another character's point of view - Ender's Shadow, which is about Bean. But you wouldn't know who Bean is until you read the books. big grin

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2013 05:03 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I'm probably going to pick it up for my next read.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2013 06:27 PM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

you do that

Old Post Jul 18th, 2013 10:24 PM
Corvious

Best fictional book I ever read. Movie looks like its going to dissapoint. Alot of the good things with the book was reading about what Ender thought not just what he did. Have a hard time imagining them showing that very effectinvly on film. But we will see. Nothing like a pleasant surprise.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2013 04:47 PM
Corvious is currently offline Click here to Send Corvious a Private Message Find more posts by Corvious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Bunch of clips...

8 Clips

Old Post Oct 19th, 2013 08:19 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Saw this today and was extremely impressed. Great sci-fi film. I haven't read the book yet, but this felt very much like a great novel brought to life. Excellent execution. I love that when the right people get ahold of the technology that is available now things like this can happen. This book probably wouldn't have been possible until the past 5-10 years. Magnificent. I give it 5/5 stars. Wish it was doing better at the Box Office.

It felt very much like a sci-fi version of Harry Potter / Hunger Games / etc.. with even a little (albeit dumbed down) Full Metal Jacket (haha). But it honestly felt better executed than it's young-adult counterparts: better cinematography, direction, acting, etc. And the lead kid they got for Ender himself, Asa Butterfield, is fantastic. He really sells the complex role.

thumb up

Old Post Nov 21st, 2013 01:51 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

A few of us in the SWVF kinda... really didn't like it.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2013 08:32 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote