KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Peak Bane vs. Peak-Suit Vader

Peak Bane vs. Peak-Suit Vader
Started by: jmoul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The_Tempest

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
That's all from the Wii.

Actually, the last one is from the Xbox 360/PS3 version of events.

I resubmit my issue over the canonicity of those events.

As I told you, Wii version of the game was released on the same day with the others. Your issue with it has no basis.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2012 11:13 AM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Why does that matter? I wasn't dismissing it outright or saying that its clearly non-canon, but I am questioning the canonicity.

Although TFU was originally conceived and developed as an X-box and PS3 game, so now that you mention it I do think that those platforms should take precedence. We've never talked about Starkiller fighting Darth Phobos, an event that only takes place on the Wii, PS2 and PSP versions.

I believe the novel also follows the X-box/PS3 version of events, am I correct?

Last edited by Nephthys on Nov 28th, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Old Post Nov 28th, 2012 11:26 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

I would like to see evidence that TFU2 was conceived as an Xbox 360/PS3 game. The novel has its own interpretation of events, which you took issue with (when it suited your argument to do so, that is).

All three games and the novel occupy the same level of canon.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2012 01:02 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

LucasArts prioritizing PS3 dev, unleashing Force. (lol at the mistaken title)

"Multiplatform development was one of our biggest challenges," he told the jam-packed hall in the basement of the Moscone Center. After George Lucas famously urged the studio to "go build that game" upon seeing the first test reels from TFU, they began work straight away on Xbox 360 dev kits in late summer 2005--because that was all the studio had."

Old Post Nov 28th, 2012 01:09 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

That does not confirm conception as an Xbox 360/PS3 game, which is what you claimed, that confirms that the Xbox 360 was the version they began first.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2012 01:14 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Isn't that.... the same thing? Duuuuuuuuuuuh.

I said it was conceived and developed as an X-box game originally. The fact that the team only had access to the X-box kits proves that they conceived it as an X-box game also, because no shit.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2012 01:18 PM
The_Tempest

Again, the fact that the Xbox game was constructed first is not proof of conception as an Xbox game, especially to the extent that the other versions are less valid.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2012 01:20 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

They could only make an X-box game when they were conceiving it. Frickin no shit sherlock was it conceived as an X-box game.

The Wii version was developed by a different studio, hence why the story is different. The game was originally developed by LucasArts (duh), the Wii version was developed by Krome Studios. Since it wasn't even made by Lucasarts I don't see why it should be as valid.

Therefore I win.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2012 01:26 PM
The_Tempest

No, my son.
They clearly intended for the game to be multiplatform and the Xbox was the version they went with first. The games occupy the same level of canon.

You lose...

Just like Bane.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2012 01:32 PM
The_Tempest

By the by, your article only refers to TFU1 anyways. We're talking about TFU2. erm

Old Post Nov 28th, 2012 01:34 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Lol, what a non-answer. You jyst said 'no im right fvck you' and stuck your fingers in your ears.

Concession accepted. (please log in to view the image)

It wasn't made by the same studio or the same team and it contradicts the original games. The people who created The Force Unleashed didn't even work on the Wii version. I see no reason why it should be considered as canon as the original.

Edit: This is the same for TFUII btw.

Originally posted by The_Tempest
The games occupy the same level of canon.

Hence why we should decide another way to determine canonicity.

Last edited by Nephthys on Nov 28th, 2012 at 01:42 PM

Old Post Nov 28th, 2012 01:36 PM
The_Tempest

It might have something to do with you not being the arbiter of what is and what is not canon, bro.
It's pretty obvious that you're desperate to invalidate Vader's feats to save a thoroughly outclassed Bane, here.

I mean, really, if LucasArts being the game developer is a determinant of what is and what is not canon, I guess we can toss KotOR II in the scrapheap, right?

To quote the great Count Dooku, "surely you can do better!"

Old Post Nov 28th, 2012 01:43 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Hence why we are discussing it.

No, because there are not multiple contradictory examples of Kotor II. The PC and X-box versions of it do not conflict to my knowledge. This is a case where multiple examples of the same game were released by different studios with contradictions. There needs to be a way to determine which takes precedent. Since the X-box and PS3 games were created and conceived first and were the only ones developed by the actual LucasArts team, the same team that conceived of the series and created the story in the first place, I argue that they should be the games that have canonical precedence.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2012 01:56 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I'm willing to simply ask Ush to weigh in on this if you want btw.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2012 02:08 PM
The_Tempest

Hence why we are discussing it.

The PC and X-box versions of it do not conflict to my knowledge. This is a case where multiple examples of the same game were released by different studios with contradictions. There needs to be a way to determine which takes precedent. Since the X-box and PS3 games were created and conceived first and were the only ones developed by the actual LucasArts team, the same team that conceived of the series and created the story in the first place, I argue that they should be the games that have canonical precedence.

While I'm flattered that you clearly hold my opinion in such high esteem, I'm not in any better position to determine what is and is not canon. Which is one of the few things that you and I have in common with the moderators here, Ushgarak included.

The novelization and all three games occupy the same level of canon. The Wii version of events is corroborated in part in the game, Starkiller's duel with Darth Phobos has basis in supplement material by Dan Wallace and the character has an entry in the Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia. The truth is that this issue is not nearly as clear cut as you imply, with each version being corroborated at various points.

The overwhelming fact is that while the game was completed first as an Xbox game, that doesn't mean the other games are non-canon.

You wished to disregard the novel because of its early release date, I complied. That left the games. Now, despite the fact that the Wii version was released on the same date as the others and has certain threads in common with the novel, you wish to disregard it as well. Even if I agreed to your contortionist-interpretation, that still leaves Vader with the feats of the Xbox/PS3-version, which still keeps him higher than an unaided!Bane in the Force.

No, because there are not multiple contradictory examples of Kotor II.

Are you suggesting that, if I looked hard enough, I wouldn't find contradictions between a game not developed by LucasArts (KOTOR II) and newer material? If you're wrong, then by the terms you set here, we can disregard the game.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2012 04:10 PM
TheOneOfMortis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bane destroying the Rakatan Temple is better > anything Vader has done and the stuff in TUF is non-canon anyway.

Plus cant Bane just blitz him? He possess massive speed advantage.

refer to profile for my mma rankings

Old Post Nov 28th, 2012 04:44 PM
Click here to Send TheOneOfMortis a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneOfMortis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth _Sadow1
Dark Lord of the Sith

How is TFU not canon? If it is an actual game that was approved by Lucas Arts, it is automatically canon unless another Lucas Arts title disproves it....

Old Post Nov 28th, 2012 07:02 PM
Click here to Send Darth _Sadow1 a Private Message Find more posts by Darth _Sadow1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by TheOneOfMortis
Bane destroying the Rakatan Temple is better > anything Vader has done and the stuff in TUF is non-canon anyway

First, Bane simply shattered the temples entrance. This caused the Temple to destabilize and then collapse. Both Vader and Bane have better feats.

Secondly, TUF is canon. As is TFU.

Last edited by ares834 on Nov 28th, 2012 at 08:51 PM

Old Post Nov 28th, 2012 08:48 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneOfMortis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ares834
First, Bane simply shattered the temples entrance. This caused the Temple to destabilize and then collapse. Both Vader and Bane have better feats.

Secondly, TUF is canon. As is TFU.

Read the rest of my post please. Bane doesnt need to use his tk as he can just blitz him.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2012 02:22 AM
Click here to Send TheOneOfMortis a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneOfMortis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rookwood
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Nov 29th, 2012 03:11 AM
Click here to Send Rookwood a Private Message Find more posts by Rookwood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote