KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Let me share Onepunch Man with you

Let me share Onepunch Man with you
Started by: Q99

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Its crying on the bottom of the last page.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2013 11:11 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
Its crying on the bottom of the last page.

Honestly, I thought/still think that is Saitama. Read the words from the panel right before that one, it seems as though Genos was implying Saitama use his pubes to restore his hair. And then Saota, is crying because he has no hair on his body...and we see that he really was trying to use the kelp stuff to grow his hair back but he's so dumb that he actually put it on his head.

And then I add in that Saitama doesn't ever leave the monsters alive...so why this one?

At least, that is how interpreted that gag to explain all the other stuff. But, keep in mind, that I just assumed all this stuff in a second or two. So your very well could be right. Also, the monster's eyes are not bloodshot! sad It has to be Saitama! sad

Old Post Jan 20th, 2013 06:57 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Yeah I thought it was Saitama as well. Isn't it against the rules for anything to survive a real fight with him, excluding guys like Sonic he doesn't actually hit square in the face?

But then again maybe he didn't actually punch him and just ripped his hair off. That would be fair. Still doesn't explain the hole unless Saitama missed or really was just trying to scare the guy(I can't remember him doing things like this).

Old Post Jan 20th, 2013 09:15 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

The translation says that 'all my hair was plucked from my body' and the thing saying it is black and naked, identical to the monster as you can see on pg 12. Saitama's hair fell out, it wasn't plucked. In fact, we know that he did pluck the hair from the monster, also indicating that he didn't hit it because if he did the thing would be a greasy smear and the kelp would be covered in blood at best, pulped more likely. And obviously Saitama isn't night-black and naked, so unless its some bizarre visual trick to indicate depression, its pretty clear that its the monster, not Saitama.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2013 10:33 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by AuraAngel
Yeah I thought it was Saitama as well. Isn't it against the rules for anything to survive a real fight with him, excluding guys like Sonic he doesn't actually hit square in the face?

But then again maybe he didn't actually punch him and just ripped his hair off. That would be fair. Still doesn't explain the hole unless Saitama missed or really was just trying to scare the guy(I can't remember him doing things like this).

It does seem out of character for him to magically spare a bad guy that was killing the heroes...

Old Post Jan 21st, 2013 01:29 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

He didn't know anything about this punk, save that he was made of kelp.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2013 02:04 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Oi, Hey, Neph, just saw your recent post.

I don't disagree with you. I think you're right. I just was explaining my reasoning as to why I thought what I did. It was a bit odd what the author did there....seems out of place.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2013 02:15 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

I read chapters way too quickly for my own good. I saw the hole and that the monster was never seen again. I saw Saitama with the kelp later and a bold guy with kelp sticking out.

Saitama caused a lot of destruction that served no real purpose then if he didn't kill the monster.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2013 02:17 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Saitama caused a lot of destruction that served no real purpose then if he didn't kill the monster.

Sure it did- he got his kelp.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2013 02:54 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

He could have easily gotten his kelp without destroying the building lol.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2013 05:26 PM
Q99

It was abandoned anyway.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2013 05:30 PM
Q99

There's a new bonus chapter up (20.5). From when Saitama was a kid, and Mysterious Beings were new and rare and weak.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2013 01:36 AM
Q99

New chapter up, past Saitama has trouble with a Tiger level threat.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2013 01:46 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

It's not even a third of his training time.

But does he even do it anymore? Also, dude lied. He is indoors so he's not weathering the elements like a man.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2013 02:06 AM
Q99

But does he even do it anymore? Also, dude lied. He is indoors so he's not weathering the elements like a man.

I think he does, we see him outside a lot.

I assume just the running is done outside.

The interesting bit is the surges of pain- one happened and then he was able to recover damage and take the monster out.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2013 04:49 AM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Q99
I think he does, we see him outside a lot.

I assume just the running is done outside.

The interesting bit is the surges of pain- one happened and then he was able to recover damage and take the monster out.

The surges of pain were actually debilitating. Once they were over, he had his strength back.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2013 07:05 AM
Q99

Originally posted by dadudemon
The surges of pain were actually debilitating. Once they were over, he had his strength back.

Oooh, I just realized something!

The tooth! The pain was from the tooth, because it had a bad cavity. Cavity tooth was removed and then he was fine.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2013 07:48 AM
Q99

Yet another new chapter, this time focusing on a B-class hero, and how they get by. With showings by an A class and an S-class as well!

Old Post Jan 31st, 2013 12:30 PM
dadudemon

Hmmm...

Well, I gotta say, I loved the shit out of this chapter. It was really good. When the manga is not pretending to be a parody, it is REALLY good. Like, the best out of anything I am reading right now.

Anything that makes me want to get up and go train is awesome.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2013 01:46 PM
Q99

New chapter smile

Interesting that even an [SPOILER - highlight to read]: astroid gets a threat rating, not just mysterious beings.

Heh, Geno has a nickname ^^

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2013 03:37 PM