KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Amazon: CW's Wonder Woman Series

Amazon: CW's Wonder Woman Series
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

From the update and link, she will be called Diana.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2012 01:40 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Golgo13

So, it's Superman, Green Arrow, and WW in the movie so far.

And obviously Batman.

I'm glad WB are taking the lead on the small screen front at least, and using that to move to something bigger on the big screen. That's smart. At this point it would be silly just copying Marvel's formula.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2012 01:09 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
And obviously Batman.

I'm glad WB are taking the lead on the small screen front at least, and using that to move to something bigger on the big screen. That's smart. At this point it would be silly just copying Marvel's formula.

Right. I don't get why people think you only need solo movies to lead up to a big ensemble one. Did X-Men do that? Oceans 11? Seven Samurai? I understand JLA is a whole new beast, but all that is required is a coherent story.

If the JLA is successful, this will spin out the solo movies, which should be more successful than if spinning out them first.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2012 07:09 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

X-Men is different. it's at it's heart a team book, whereas with Justice League, it's about a bunch of solo heroes coming together.

Individual movies would be more sensible, tbh. Otherwise when JLA comes along, someone is going to end up unhappy that their hero didn't get enough screen time.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 1st, 2012 07:10 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Yes, ensemble cast. It's worked out before without solo movies.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2012 07:17 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yes, ensemble cast. It's worked out before without solo movies.

Not when everyone feels like one character could carry their own movie by themselves.

Half, if not all of the JLA, could support their own movie.

You can't say that about X-Men.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 1st, 2012 07:23 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

It doesn't mean you can't have a consistent story that could work in a film, though. Just because you have solo movies, doesn't guarantee the movie will be good or bad.

Even in the X-Men, you had actrors complaining about not having enough screen time. The movies (First two) were still good.

Some of the Avengers felt the same way, but the movie was still good. Consistency is key.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2012 07:28 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by -Pr-
Not when everyone feels like one character could carry their own movie by themselves.

Half, if not all of the JLA, could support their own movie.

You can't say that about X-Men.

This.

Avengers and JLA are about prominent solo characters coming together to become something larger than the sum of their parts.

Marvel didn't invent the crossover film or shared continuity, so why WB is going out of their way so as to not copy Marvel is silly; by that same logic Marvel wouldn't even have bothered making the Avengers to begin with because it would be "copying" the Justice League.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2012 07:33 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

Going straight into a JLA can work if they have a solid script and cast. They can have a good script but actors that plays their role well enough is another story. With every solo movie, Marvel had time to focus on finding good actors that fit the particular role. The Hulk casting had problems as we all know. But Hemsworth is the perfect Thor. Downey is a perfect Tony Stark. Evan's pulled off Captain America even though I had doubts. Then you got Jackson and Hiddleston who were both fantastic. The aside from building continuity and a shared universe, a lot of the costumes and elements were already there.

Warner Bros is tasked with finding a cast to fit these roles and build these sets and costumes in a short amount of time. If the script is good, the cast could prove to be the weak link of this movie. Right now all they have is Superman and possibly GL cast. And Reynolds doesn't due GL justice.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2012 07:36 PM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

^^ I finally agree with you on something. stick out tongue

But I totally agree. You just need a good script, DIRECTOR to make it work, and a good cast, which has good chemistry.

By no means am I saying this movie is going to be good, but they already chose a screen writer who has chops and even Mark Millar acknowledged that this will be a "thing of beauty".

Old Post Dec 1st, 2012 07:39 PM
Senor Cage

One thing I do worry about, though, it the executives or whoever changing the script. From what I hear, the story isn't going to follow the formulaic model of heroes teaming up to save the earth, but something totally different.

Take this with a grain of salt, but here is what Millar said not too long ago:

quote:
A pal of mine is good friends with the new Justice League screenwriter and said his take on the team is incredible. Very real-world and not at all what you might expect. WB has a chequered history with their superhero characters. They’re great with their boy wizards, but less consistent with their DC stable. But my chum said that this could be a thing of beauty and has been in the works for a little while now, not just an Avengers knock-off. Best of luck to them. The tidbits I heard sound quite dark and mature, which isn’t what I expected. But word on Gangster Squad is great too, so I feel this is in really good hands.

Last edited by Senor Cage on Dec 1st, 2012 at 08:08 PM

Old Post Dec 1st, 2012 08:01 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It doesn't mean you can't have a consistent story that could work in a film, though. Just because you have solo movies, doesn't guarantee the movie will be good or bad.

Even in the X-Men, you had actrors complaining about not having enough screen time. The movies (First two) were still good.

Some of the Avengers felt the same way, but the movie was still good. Consistency is key.

I'm not saying it would necessarily be bad; just that these characters need to be established before sticking them in a movie and expecting it to do as well as avengers, which WB will expect it to, and if it doesn't, it's the fans that pay the price.

^^ I finally agree with you on something. stick out tongue

But I totally agree. You just need a good script, DIRECTOR to make it work, and a good cast, which has good chemistry.

By no means am I saying this movie is going to be good, but they already chose a screen writer who has chops and even Mark Millar acknowledged that this will be a "thing of beauty".

mark millar's a ****ing attention whore, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 1st, 2012 08:12 PM
Senor Cage

I think with the long established careers the JLA has had, it won't matter. Most people have a sense of who the Flash is, Wonder Woman is the most recognizable female character EVER, there was just a GL movie, and Aquaman is also a house hold name.

Not to mention the cartoons on Cartoon Network and other various media outlooks.

The Avengers was somewhat different. They didn't have as much exposure as the DC characters and weren't as well known.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2012 08:16 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Millar says he believes Millarworld will be the third company of comics "Big Three", implying he thinks all of his work is more over than the likes of Image and Dark Horse and countless other independent publishers. That and he one day believes that characters such as Kick-Ass and Superior will be as popular as Spider-Man.

Egomaniacal is putting it lightly.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2012 08:18 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Millar says he believes Millarworld will be the third company of comics "Big Three", implying he thinks all of his work is more over than the likes of Image and Dark Horse and countless other independent publishers. That and he one day believes that characters such as Kick-Ass and Superior will be as popular as Spider-Man.

Egomaniacal is putting it lightly.

Yes, Millar is full of himself, but Millar isn't giving his own opinion on the script, but what he heard from one of his pals or something. Going all dark and real world isn't a surprise, since Nolan established the mood of a super hero movie could be and it looks like Man of Steel will follow suit.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2012 08:23 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I think with the long established careers the JLA has had, it won't matter. Most people have a sense of who the Flash is, Wonder Woman is the most recognizable female character EVER, there was just a GL movie, and Aquaman is also a house hold name.

Not to mention the cartoons on Cartoon Network and other various media outlooks.

The Avengers was somewhat different. They didn't have as much exposure as the DC characters and weren't as well known.

They're still putting all their eggs in one basket.

What happens after JLA? Do we start getting individual movies?

Yes, Millar is full of himself, but Millar isn't giving his own opinion on the script, but what he heard from one of his pals or something. Going all dark and real world isn't a surprise, since Nolan established the mood of a super hero movie could be and it looks like Man of Steel will follow suit.

It's Superman. It's not like you can ground him in realism.

Besides, a "Nolan" JLA would kinda suck, tbh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 1st, 2012 08:25 PM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by -Pr-
They're still putting all their eggs in one basket.

What happens after JLA? Do we start getting individual movies?

It's Superman. It's not like you can ground him in realism.

Besides, a "Nolan" JLA would kinda suck, tbh.

Yes, that is their plan. Or at least that is the RUMOR. WB is hoping for the JLA to ultra popular, thus once they spin their solo movies after JLA, the solo movies will benefit from it.

As for a Nolan JLA, I think the tone will follow Man of Steel. Let's wait and see how MOS is before we judge it. It's too early to tell.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2012 09:15 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I know it's the plan, I was more speaking of how dumb I think it is.

Man of Steel doesn't feel like Nolan to me. The tone of that seems fine from what trailers I've seen.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 1st, 2012 09:26 PM
Senor Cage

It's risky, nobody is disputing that, but I don't like to jump to conlusions and automatically think it's going to fail.

What has been popping up on the net is that this is being rushed. That is somewhat false. The script has been in the works for well over a year. And the movie isn't coming out until 2015. WB has more than likely planed well ahead, since their 2 blockbusters have come to a close. Harry Potter and Nolan's Batman.

To me, Man of Steel has a whole new feel to it. Something fresh and not in the same vein as the previous films. I think it's going to be way better than the last one and even the Christopher Reeve one.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2012 09:30 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It's risky, nobody is disputing that, but I don't like to jump to conlusions and automatically think it's going to fail.

What has been popping up on the net is that this is being rushed. That is somewhat false. The script has been in the works for well over a year. And the movie isn't coming out until 2015. WB has more than likely planed well ahead, since their 2 blockbusters have come to a close. Harry Potter and Nolan's Batman.

To me, Man of Steel has a whole new feel to it. Something fresh and not in the same vein as the previous films. I think it's going to be way better than the last one and even the Christopher Reeve one.

It's not jumping to conclusions. WB has a long history of not knowing what the **** they're doing with their properties. This whole JLA thing feels very much like a knee-jerk reaction to Avengers.

We'll see...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 1st, 2012 09:32 PM