KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Fantastic Four Reboot

Fantastic Four Reboot
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mindship
Snap out of it.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
They wait until 2016, they avoid being the second superhero team film of the year (the whole world will be waiting for Avengers 2) and it gives time for a bridging film or two somehow involving Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman.
From your mouth to God's ears.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2012 01:12 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW

Originally posted by Kazenji
And what's wrong with that?

i don't see anything wrong with it.

Sorry, but when an actor from a low-budget fan film (that's not even about Logan) portrays the character better than Jackman you know something's wrong.

He was okay in the first few movies I guess, but it's time to move on, give someone else a chance.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2012 04:02 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Sorry, but when an actor from a low-budget fan film (that's not even about Logan) portrays the character better than Jackman you know something's wrong.

He was okay in the first few movies I guess, but it's time to move on, give someone else a chance.
Vin Diesel? I always envisioned him in the role. Bet he might even make live-action yellow spandex respectable.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2012 05:20 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JayDaDon
G.O.A.T Ranger

That mental image...

Old Post Dec 12th, 2012 05:48 PM
JayDaDon is currently offline Click here to Send JayDaDon a Private Message Find more posts by JayDaDon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

VD would make a good Ben Grimm IMO.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2012 11:05 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Can't imagine Vin with hair.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 18th, 2012 04:29 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

Mark Miller compares the reboot to Alien

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.c...eboot-to-alien/

Old Post Jan 10th, 2013 03:45 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

Its been reported Matthew Vaughn will be producing this movie.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 04:49 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Kazenji
Its been reported Matthew Vaughn will be producing this movie.

So that's someone else rumoured to be directing the Justice League movie who's given it a pass.

Vaughn is pretty tight with Mark Millar. Shouldn't be a surprise he advised Fox to bring him on board.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 25th, 2013 03:06 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

If this works how would people feel about an X-Men/FF crossover? Would be possible as Fox has movie rights to both franchises.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2013 11:14 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

I just want to see a proper Galactus done if they use him again.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2013 12:38 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I never thought the actors for the first FF were that bad. I always attributed everything to it being the era when people felt that in order for you to make a good comic book movie it needed lots and lots of cheesey moments and dialogue.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 25th, 2013 01:00 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

Starts shooting in June, apparently.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...n/news/?a=77733

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Apr 17th, 2013 04:13 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

Allison Williams Up For The Role Of Invisible Woman?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...k/news/?a=78583

Old Post May 1st, 2013 08:06 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

I'm rather surprised Josh Trank is not bringing in his female lead from Chronicle, Ashley Hinshaw. She looked like the perfect Sue Storm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashley_Hinshaw

Old Post May 1st, 2013 02:49 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sixth_Winged

I really think it might be a good idea if they don't take too much creative liberties changing fundamental stuff about the fantastic four.

Here's a list of what I think was bad about the first 2 ff movies:

-Jessica Alba as Sue Richards. Latina looks can't be hid by a simple hair dying and having a brother who looks worlds apart from her doesn't help.
-Dr. Doom onboard the accident, gaining powers and being the first main villain anyway. Pure garbage.
-Mr Fantastic is dull and boring as hell. No chemistry whatsoever with Sue.
-Galactus as a cloud
-Power swapping plot is trash.

The reboot should really address these issues in order to be likeable. The first villain in FF shouldn't be Doom at all, he should be saved for a sequel and tying him up with the FF's origin plot ruins a perfectly brilliant potential for his own origins.

Old Post May 1st, 2013 06:50 PM
Sixth_Winged is currently offline Click here to Send Sixth_Winged a Private Message Find more posts by Sixth_Winged Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
I really think it might be a good idea if they don't take too much creative liberties changing fundamental stuff about the fantastic four.

Here's a list of what I think was bad about the first 2 ff movies:

-Jessica Alba as Sue Richards. Latina looks can't be hid by a simple hair dying and having a brother who looks worlds apart from her doesn't help.
-Dr. Doom onboard the accident, gaining powers and being the first main villain anyway. Pure garbage.
-Mr Fantastic is dull and boring as hell. No chemistry whatsoever with Sue.
-Galactus as a cloud
-Power swapping plot is trash.

- I thought the casting was all right, but Jessica Alba was pretty disposable as Sue. She didn't bring anything special to the role, and the amount of time they spent making her look more Caucasian didn't help. She was a pretty vacuum.

- Doom getting powers along with the other four at the original accident, that's something we saw in the Ultimate Fantastic Four series. I thought that move made sense, rather than just having Doom as a brilliant technocrat and magic disciple. It saved lots of screen time.

- I thought Ioan Gruffudd did pretty well as the nerdy, distracted Reed. Lack of chemistry with Sue, again I think you can point to Jessica Alba.

- Galactus...I think they were guilty of wanting to hold him back too much for a future FF sequel, or a Silver Surfer spinoff movie. The teasing of his shape in cloud form, then the movie ends...not satisfying enough.

- Only Johnny got the power to swap and gain powers, because of how the Surfer affected him. I thought him having them all at once was like a homage to Super Skrull.

The first movie certainly wasn't great, but also suffered from comparison to The Incredibles, which came out just months earlier. In the exaggerated animation medium, they got to make the FF movie the live action one was trying to be. They failed with the tone, more than anything else. And Julian McMahon was a total failure as Doom (I mean, Batman And Robin scale failure!)

I don't know if being even more reverent to the source material for the reboot is the answer; they just need to be better, & more serious. Family bickering that isn't sitcom level.

Last edited by roughrider on May 1st, 2013 at 07:55 PM

Old Post May 1st, 2013 07:53 PM
Kazenji

Michael B. Jordan In Talks To Play 'The Human Torch' In THE FANTASTIC FOUR

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...s/news/?a=78697

no expression

they do realise Johnny Storm is white

what's next Victor von doom is Italian.

Old Post May 2nd, 2013 01:25 PM
JayDaDon
G.O.A.T Ranger

WTF? Why make him black? When it doesn't change anything, fine, but if the actress just mentioned is cast as Sue storm their situation will likely have to be unnecesarilly changed and explained.

Old Post May 2nd, 2013 10:48 PM
JayDaDon is currently offline Click here to Send JayDaDon a Private Message Find more posts by JayDaDon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

A bit of a strange decision.

Old Post May 2nd, 2013 10:58 PM