KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Fantastic Four Reboot

Fantastic Four Reboot
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « First ... « 24 25 [26] 27 28 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

so good news is.. I read an article regarding why FOX should sell Marvel back the rights..

I'll give the bad news later

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 9th, 2015 07:08 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Yah, If Fox is smart they'll work out a deal ala Sony and Spiderman... Or better yet; they'll just allow Marvel to buy back the rights entirely. I am SO glad I was right so long ago, about how bad this movie was gonna bomb.....

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Aug 10th, 2015 02:16 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Yah, If Fox is smart they'll work out a deal ala Sony and Spiderman... Or better yet; they'll just allow Marvel to buy back the rights entirely. I am SO glad I was right so long ago, about how bad this movie was gonna bomb.....

they should but they won;t... fox has the rights for another 9 years which is bad because they might try to reboot once again

Old Post Aug 10th, 2015 04:06 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

Did Stan Lee ever appeared in this movie?? I'm trying to remember if i saw him lol

Old Post Aug 10th, 2015 08:10 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

He wasn't.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2015 08:43 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by dynamix
Did Stan Lee ever appeared in this movie?? I'm trying to remember if i saw him lol

No.

https://twitter.com/moviemantz/stat...670021246029825

Old Post Aug 10th, 2015 09:18 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Yah, If Fox is smart they'll work out a deal ala Sony and Spiderman...

Remember Spider-Man was still profitable when Sony made that deal. Sony just wanted/needed the Marvel franchise boost.

Whilst I'm not sure that even the Marvel brand name attached could help FF much at this point. They're finished for a long time. Best to save their related characters like Galactus and SS.

Apart from that the only way we could see FF in the next 10 years would be within another Marvel film (assuming they have the rights back). But I doubt even Marvel would risk a stand alone with them at this point.

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
they should but they won;t... fox has the rights for another 9 years which is bad because they might try to reboot once again

I doubt it. Studios get seriously peeved off when they lose money. And they will lose money on this.

And they'll do the math, that they tried rebooting after 8 years to no avail, and lost money on it, so do they really want to risk it again in another 8 years? I doubt it.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2015 10:21 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

You underestimate the insanity of FOX.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2015 10:26 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You underestimate the insanity of FOX.

Insanity would be the correct word if they're honestly considering rebooting this again. Or better yet, pretend like nothing went wrong and give this one a sequel LOL

Old Post Aug 10th, 2015 11:46 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yep, Insanity is the only word I can think of right now:

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/fan...itted-to-series

"while we're disappointed, we remain committed to these characters and we have a lot to look forward to in our Marvel universe".

Insane F***ers

Old Post Aug 10th, 2015 01:19 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yep, Insanity is the only word I can think of right now:

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/fan...itted-to-series

"while we're disappointed, we remain committed to these characters and we have a lot to look forward to in our Marvel universe".

Insane F***ers

Hopefully it's bravado. The studios and filmmakers never admit immediate defeat right in the moment. Give it some time, and the news Marvel Studios has reacquired the FF will get released quietly.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 10th, 2015 02:27 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by roughrider
Hopefully it's bravado. The studios and filmmakers never admit immediate defeat right in the moment. Give it some time, and the news Marvel Studios has reacquired the FF will get released quietly.

Oh I hope so thumb up

Hopefully they can do it quickly, instead of naturally letting the rights revert back over 5-10 years. Just make some deal to get it sooner, since Fox is currently asking Marvel's permission to do an X-Men Tv series that could play a key role in this.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2015 02:37 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

X-men TV rights would be far more beneficial to Fox than Fan 4 right now.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2015 02:44 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by JayDaDon

I just hope they see it that way, and that they're not thinking of mixing and matching, FF's villains and related characters within the X-Men Universe.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2015 04:19 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by JayDaDon

And what is up with that? Is it a substitute for more movies, or have they found an angle they could do on TV that could help enhance a shared X-Men universe? Like Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter and Daredevil enhance corners of the MCU?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 10th, 2015 04:37 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Probably the latter.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2015 04:58 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Remember Spider-Man was still profitable when Sony made that deal. Sony just wanted/needed the Marvel franchise boost.

Whilst I'm not sure that even the Marvel brand name attached could help FF much at this point. They're finished for a long time. Best to save their related characters like Galactus and SS.

Apart from that the only way we could see FF in the next 10 years would be within another Marvel film (assuming they have the rights back). But I doubt even Marvel would risk a stand alone with them at this point.

I doubt it. Studios get seriously peeved off when they lose money. And they will lose money on this.

And they'll do the math, that they tried rebooting after 8 years to no avail, and lost money on it, so do they really want to risk it again in another 8 years? I doubt it.

well why not lol.... lets all hope that someone over at FOX wants to get rid of FF

Old Post Aug 10th, 2015 06:48 PM
Deadline

Reboot looks really good.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2015 06:50 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Deadline
Reboot looks really good.

You realize it was a total disaster, right? 9% on RT.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2015 08:14 PM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You realize it was a total disaster, right? 9% on RT.

Haters I tell ya!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2015 09:08 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote