KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Fantastic Four Reboot

Fantastic Four Reboot
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by pym-ftw

Fox has the rights to every God [email protected] mutant, stick to that and let the first family of Marvel come home.

Here, here!!!

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post May 9th, 2014 03:55 AM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Stunt casting =\= intelligent casting

Honestly they are polar opposites, I really hate this movie already.

Am I supposed to believe a blond haired blue eyed fair skinned Susan is half Black? Jezzus Christ and I thought Nick Cage was horrible casting for Ghost Rider, atleast he roughly looks like who he is playing...

Fox has the rights to every God [email protected] mutant, stick to that and let the first family of Marvel come home.

thumb up

Old Post May 9th, 2014 05:27 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Inhuman
The Fantastic Four Adds Reg E. Cathey as Sue and Johnny Stormís Father

(please log in to view the image)

http://www.superherohype.com/news/3...y-storms-father

God...Fox has me all conflicted. Do I want it to be good, or do I want them to keep ***king up so Marvel Studios can reacquire the rights? Moves like this has me leaning toward the latter.

Just how is Kate Mara supposed to look like his daughter?

Attachment: double-facepalm.jpg
This has been downloaded 62 time(s).

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 9th, 2014 05:41 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JayDaDon
G.O.A.T Ranger

Couldn't possibly agree with this part more. At this point I'd rather the property sit on the shelf at Marvel just so they can feel free to use it's characters whenever they wanted. I'd much prefer that to THIS lame excuse.

Old Post May 9th, 2014 08:31 AM
JayDaDon is currently offline Click here to Send JayDaDon a Private Message Find more posts by JayDaDon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Honestly I just want a Dr. Doom lead masters of evil vs the avengers. just a well done Doom would be a nice change.

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post May 9th, 2014 01:42 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JayDaDon
G.O.A.T Ranger

Me too. Doom is my favorite villain, so I've been waiting on a proper fantastic 4 franchise with a crazy awesome Doom. Apparently they cast Rock 'n Rolla as Doom, not sure how I feel about that.

Old Post May 9th, 2014 05:21 PM
JayDaDon is currently offline Click here to Send JayDaDon a Private Message Find more posts by JayDaDon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

That's the problem, if they screw this up and the rights return to Marvel the property will be left worthless. But yeah you guys are right, just having Marvel studios able to use Dr. Doom, Galactus and the Silver Surfer, that alone would be worth it.

Old Post May 9th, 2014 06:44 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JayDaDon
G.O.A.T Ranger

You know what, Id rather Fan 4 sit on the shelf and have its characters used by marvel studios than see it bastardized for a cash grab.

Old Post May 9th, 2014 07:19 PM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

I'd set the Fantasic Four in the eighties so that Reed can be Tony's mentor if I was writing the marvel version. TbF the FF don't fit in the Xmen cinematic universe though the Xmen have always never quite fit the marvel universe.imho.

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post May 9th, 2014 09:07 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834
Grand Moff

The main reason I want the rights to revert back to Marvel is so they can use Galactus. Especially since Marvel seem to be pushing their cosmic stuff lately as seen with GotG and Thanos.

TbF the FF don't fit in the Xmen cinematic universe though the Xmen have always never quite fit the marvel universe.imho.

Agreed.

--- You May Fire When Ready ---

Old Post May 9th, 2014 09:15 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

TbF the FF don't fit in the Xmen cinematic universe though the Xmen have always never quite fit the marvel universe.imho.

Plus I don't see how it would fit in the timeline. Considering they are concentrating on the First Class team going forward, then FF would have to be set in the 80's latest.

So I really don't see this shared Universe thing working for them.

Old Post May 9th, 2014 10:32 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JayDaDon
G.O.A.T Ranger

I'd set the Fantasic Four in the eighties so that Reed can be Tony's mentor if I was writing the marvel version. TbF the FF don't fit in the Xmen cinematic universe though the Xmen have always never quite fit the marvel universe.imho.

I would set it in current time, with flashbacks telling the origin(maybe a bit of Reed mentoring Tony or having them as rivals) One way I really see it is with Reed being the most fascinating character in the movie. Flashbacks of Reed in college would also be awesome(especially a rivalry/maybe even brief friendship with Victor Von Doom)

Old Post May 9th, 2014 11:02 PM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

So is anyone excited to see this movie?

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 05:22 AM
JayDaDon
G.O.A.T Ranger

The first movie in a long time that I've been excited to see crash and burn.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 05:27 AM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

I mean this movie screams desperation to keep the FF at fox & stunt casting. Not one single person cast fit the character they are playing.

Also Chronicle is overrated
Yep I said it raver

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 05:32 AM
Inhuman
Icey Dead People

Originally posted by JayDaDon
The first movie in a long time that I've been excited to see crash and burn.

thumb up

I mean this movie screams desperation to keep the FF at fox & stunt casting. Not one single person cast fit the character they are playing.

Its not really a fantastic four movie with all the changes they are doing, just by name (to keep the rights).
They could name this movie "the remarkables" or "chronicle 2" and it will be a better fit than fantastic four.

Last edited by Inhuman on Jul 25th, 2014 at 05:37 AM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 05:34 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JayDaDon
G.O.A.T Ranger

Man if Marvel got those rights back we'd probably be getting a Marvel studios FF right now in place of GOTG, which still looks pretty awesome, but more comes along with the FF universe.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 06:32 AM
Darth Thor

If this flops, Fox will let the franchise go. But then Marvel won't be making FF for a long time, because the GA will be put off the name due to the Fox movies.

But honestly considering the Director, screen writer and cast, I doubt it will be a bad movie. But it won't be a true FF movie either.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 10:34 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Fox has really pulled up the quality of their Marvel properties since they hired Mark Millar as their Marvel consultant. There is a good chance this could succeed. But, I selfishly want the rights to go back to Marvel Studios too, so...crash and burn, yeah. stick out tongue

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 02:41 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JayDaDon
G.O.A.T Ranger

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
If this flops, Fox will let the franchise go. But then Marvel won't be making FF for a long time, because the GA will be put off the name due to the Fox movies.

But honestly considering the Director, screen writer and cast, I doubt it will be a bad movie. But it won't be a true FF movie either.

That's the annoying thing, nobody says they HAVE to give up the rights if this movie flops. They could easily say phuck it and roll a different take into production just to keep the rights.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 02:44 PM