KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Fantastic Four Reboot

Fantastic Four Reboot
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JayDaDon
That's the annoying thing, nobody says they HAVE to give up the rights if this movie flops. They could easily say phuck it and roll a different take into production just to keep the rights.

Yeah, but that's throwing good money after bad out of spite. Eventually Fox shareholders would revolt about the studio trying to keep a franchise going they can't get to work, and the rights will lapse and Marvel Studios will be waiting to snatch them back - just like they did with Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Hulk and Punisher.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 03:12 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by roughrider
Yeah, but that's throwing good money after bad out of spite. Eventually Fox shareholders would revolt about the studio trying to keep a franchise going they can't get to work, and the rights will lapse and Marvel Studios will be waiting to snatch them back - just like they did with Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Hulk and Punisher.

And Blade too.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 03:58 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

My only concern is none of those companies who held those properties(if I remember correctly)were Fox, the corporate giant. Fox has money on tap and may just decide to let it ride one last time to further their attempt at their own shared universe with the X-Men.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 04:55 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
If this flops, Fox will let the franchise go. But then Marvel won't be making FF for a long time, because the GA will be put off the name due to the Fox movies.

But honestly considering the Director, screen writer and cast, I doubt it will be a bad movie. But it won't be a true FF movie either.

Marvel studios doesn't need to make another fantastic four movie. All they need is the characters associated with the FF franchise.
Silver surfer, galactus, gladiator?, skrulls , etc

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 07:58 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Yeah I agree I wouldn't even mind not seee another FF for a while as long as Marvel got to use their characters and even them for cameos.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 09:16 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by JayDaDon
My only concern is none of those companies who held those properties(if I remember correctly)were Fox, the corporate giant. Fox has money on tap and may just decide to let it ride one last time to further their attempt at their own shared universe with the X-Men.

Oh Yeah I forgot about the shared universe thing. They'll definitely want to try that. But then again if the FF reboot flops there will be no benefit to an X-Men/FF crossover. They would just be better off expanding on the X-Universe. There's plenty to work with right there.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 09:23 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

So filming on this is done! Yet we don't even have a trailer yet.. Guess we can expect one soon though:

http://www.fansshare.com/gallery/ph...house-of-cards/

Guess it's kind of smart opening about 6 weeks after the Avengers. People will be all hyped up and want another superhero team up... Maybe...

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 12:27 PM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

I'm honestly negatively excited for this movie...

Are the Shi'ar part of the X-men package? I'd love an annihilators movie, though the MCU version could always swap Glads with BB if need be for the same effect.

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 04:08 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'm sure the movie will do well with the GA.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 07:13 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

This movie does have some things going against it. Other than being a reboot of a franchise most people consider "meh" at best, it's set to come out a month after Avengers 2. It's opening the same day as Pixar's Inside Out. Which may end up costing them the family audience. And Jurassic World and Terminator 5 are also coming out around the same time.

The Incredible Hulk underperformed for similar reasons. Being a reboot of a movie most people still had a bad tastes in their mouths from(there's still people that think it was a sequel). Coming out in a very crowded summer in between Iron Man and The Dark Knight.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2014 03:14 PM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Josh Trank answers some questions through twitter

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/?a=106505

Old Post Aug 24th, 2014 08:03 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marvelmadness13

I thought that was proven to be an imposter. It was a brand new, unverified account that was answering those questions.

edit: Yep, here's the updated article.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi.../news/?a=106502

Last edited by marvelmadness13 on Aug 24th, 2014 at 09:07 PM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2014 09:05 PM
marvelmadness13 is currently offline Click here to Send marvelmadness13 a Private Message Find more posts by marvelmadness13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by marvelmadness13
I thought that was proven to be an imposter. It was a brand new, unverified account that was answering those questions.

edit: Yep, here's the updated article.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi.../news/?a=106502

I knew that how?

sorry if i'm not connected to the net 24 hours each day.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 07:05 AM
marvelmadness13

Whoah there, easy sailor. It was a clarification that the twitter thing was a fake, not an attack against you.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 07:49 AM
marvelmadness13 is currently offline Click here to Send marvelmadness13 a Private Message Find more posts by marvelmadness13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Since its been revealed as fake

i wonder if the real Josh Trank's response will be anything different to that last question about Johnny being black.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 08:30 AM
marvelmadness13

Honestly I'm wondering if they actually filmed anything. This twitter Q and A was revealed as a fake. That Thing bust sculpt was revealed as a fake. There was no news at Comic Con a few weeks ago. No production stills. No poster has been revealed, heck there hasn't even been a logo revealed yet. The only piece of evidence that this movie is being made is a selfie of four actors in street close standing on a sidewalk, and this is scheduled for release in 10 months...

Is Fox pulling a Corman and "making" a Fantastic Four film to sit on the rights or what?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 08:46 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Where was it revealed the Thing bust sculpture was a fake?....pretty sure that was real unless there's been update already

yep real deal or not

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=55061

Last edited by Kazenji on Aug 25th, 2014 at 09:15 AM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 09:11 AM
marvelmadness13

It was posted from the same fake and now deleted twitter(@josh_trank) as the phony Q and A. We've gotten more updates on this from a prankster pretending to be Trank than we have from the real director.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/08...four-questions/

Last edited by marvelmadness13 on Aug 25th, 2014 at 09:34 AM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 09:21 AM
Darth Thor

Well if they don't care about the movie then neither should we. If they haven't put their hearts and soul into this movie then here's hoping it flops and the rights revert to Marvel.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 10:18 AM
marvelmadness13

My thoughts exactly. Here are a few "gems" of information from the people involved with this film:

Kate Mara told not to read any F4 comics because it has nothing to do with their storylines:

quote:
“I’ve never been a fan of comics, I’ve never actually read one,” Mara told Esquire Mexico. “I was going to for this movie but the director said it wasn’t necessary. Well, actually he told us that we shouldn’t do it because the plot won’t be based on any history of anything already published. So I chose to follow his instructions.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.c...-comic-stories/

Michael B. Jordan says they're not superheroes, more like disabled kids:

quote:
It’s not your typical superhero film, you know, we aren’t looking at this as like, being superheroes. We’re more or less a bunch of kids that had an accident and we have disabilities now that we have to cope with, and try to find a life afterwards – try to be as normal as we can.

http://www.mtv.com/news/1871300/mic...reed-interview/

It's going to be found footage:

http://www.cinemablend.com/m/new/Fa...Feel-43635.html

The Fantastic Four, the original celebrity heroes, will not be celebrities in this film, and they won't even be called the Fantastic Four:

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/co...n-kinberg-video

Add to these the horrible miscasting of everyone, especially a 12 year old looking Reed Richards and scrawny Ben Grimm, and we have not a faithful adaptation of a beloved comic, nor do we even have a fresh spin on an existing concept. We have a desperate, low budget rights grab to keep Disney from cashing in on what Fox considers their toy, even though they refuse to play with it correctly.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 10:41 AM