KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » "The Thor Corp"-Revamped Thor Discussion Thread

"The Thor Corp"-Revamped Thor Discussion Thread
Started by: Damborgson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rage.Of.Olympus

That is true. Aaron's Thor has been pretty badass so far as well though. Not as over the top as Fraction's but clearly a tough son of a *****. It's his portrayal in the Marvel Universe at large (Particularly all of his guest appearances with Avengers) that are the problem.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2013 04:00 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curryman

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
That is true. Aaron's Thor has been pretty badass so far as well though. Not as over the top as Fraction's but clearly a tough son of a *****. It's his portrayal in the Marvel Universe at large (Particularly all of his guest appearances with Avengers) that are the problem.

I agree.

I didn't like Fraction's run on Thor at all, but it's still far better than most of his other showings in the rest of the universe.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2013 11:13 AM
curryman is currently offline Click here to Send curryman a Private Message Find more posts by curryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
You and me both know you miss Fraction Thor.

Now Thor's at his lowest ever since SuperFraction Thor left us.

I miss the pretty pictures and boner inducing feats.

But I couldn't read the damn thing.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Jan 29th, 2013 03:47 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

(please log in to view the image)

phucking deadpool lol

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Feb 5th, 2013 03:36 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 05:38 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Is that fanmade art or a preview for an upcoming comic?

Either way it is sweet

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 03:49 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Marvel released some extra Iron Man art not long ago. Forgot if it was the anniversary or some other event.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 05:18 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Damborgson
phucking deadpool lol

In the Thorpool comic Wade said something exactly opposite actually, that he hates Thor for being superheroic, so much unlike him, etc.

He needs to make up his mind whether he's a hater or a fanboy.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 05:21 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by Newjak
Is that fanmade art or a preview for an upcoming comic?

Either way it is sweet

It's a variant I'm pretty sure.

It looks pretty sick. I wouldn't mind a Thorbuster Ironman return.
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
In the Thorpool comic Wade said something exactly opposite actually, that he hates Thor for being superheroic, so much unlike him, etc.

He needs to make up his mind whether he's a hater or a fanboy.

For real.
Deadpool's going through some love/hate issues with Thor.
-----
Goes through them here to.

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Feb 14th, 2013 01:11 AM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

http://marvel.com/news/story/20150/...tory-20150&

God Butcher's origin coming up in #6.

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Feb 19th, 2013 12:43 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Fraction translator owning Thor

Classic: Young maiden of Midgard, thy language leaves something to be desired.
Fraction: Shut your mouth, you dumb *****! You sound bad!

Classic: The fates have smiled on you, Loki...they have provided you with yet another opportunity to slay me. You wanted me so desperately. Now you have me. Do your worst.
Fraction: You always get lucky, you damn gimpy bastard! Let's do this!!!

Classic: I say thee NAY!
Fraction: &*%$!

Classic: Ultron. We would have words with thee.
Fraction: Robot, we're gonna wreck your ass!

Classic: The power within Mjolnir doth rage like the winter storms bursting upon the shore in furious assult!
Fraction: Hope you like rape because this hammer is FULL OF IT!

Classic: What place is this? And who hath dared draw the Thunder God here, from the midst of battle 'gainst the foes of Asgard? Speak mortals -- for such I see ye be! Speak -- or face the wrath of Thor!
Fraction: What. The. %*&$?!?

Classic: Bad days are coming. We have seen worse. What they did to Bill was a message to all of us -- a threat. This menace is very real. It is very powerful. And it is traveling a very long way to destroy us all. We will raise our defenses. We will fight them to the last. And we will defend those that cannot defend themselves. ... Today we fight, brothers and sisters. Today we stand up and never, ever relent. Brothers and sisters -- prepare yourselves. Today we go to WAR.
Fraction: Something is coming for us. I hope the bastard likes rape! LOTS OF RAPE!

Classic: For mine is the swiftness of the very lightning itself! And the fury of the elements is as nothing to the fury of Thor this day! Flee, death! Flee and lick thy wounds, you who are not fit to utter my father's name! And know that Thor shall not be far behind!

Fraction: Death... I cannot beat you. I never could. You know this... DO YOU NOW!!?

Classic To defend an innocent, to fight for a worthy cause, this is an honourable death.
Fraction I'm screwed.

Classic Save an adversary who fought with courage, honour and valour? I can do no less.
Fraction **** that guy.

Classic Though we may have been allies in days past your actions leave me with little choice but to stand against now.
Fraction Imma kill ya *****!

Classic I have had enough of thy villainy!
Fraction You were always a GIANT PAIN IN THE ASS!

Classic Odd's blood! The madness is surely upon him!
Fraction The Hel is this bald, glittering gimp talking about?

Classic Tell me, noble Odin, beloved father, faithful leige-- Wert thou certain that all thy precious pawns would survive thy planning and plotting--? OR DIDST THOU NOT EVEN CARE??
Fraction You one-eyed bastard! You don't give a damn about anyone!

Classic Despite your monstrous countenance, I sense within you a heart as noble as any that walks the halls of fabled Asgard and would be proud to count you as friend!
Fraction You are one. ugly. motha****a. But you seem pretty cool. Buds? Buds.

and lastly

Classic Ultron... we would have words with thee.
Fraction Hulk Hogan... we coming for you, nigga!

Old Post Feb 26th, 2013 05:22 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

"The first thing that they're dealing with after that is the Apocalypse twins," Remender remarked. "In issue #6 we'll get a flashback where we see Thor, Rama Tut, Apocalypse and Kang in a conflict that creates a relic that we've currently been seeing in Jason Aaron's 'Thor: God of Thunder' series. It's Thor's axe. We'll see why the Axe is now the most powerful relic in the Marvel Universe, how it became that, and what role it's going to play moving forward."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=43969

Seemed like just a big heavy axe to me...

Old Post Feb 27th, 2013 10:59 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

http://marvel.com/news/story/20150/...tory-20150&

God Butcher's origin coming up in #6.

Like to know what's the deal with Gorr

see Past Thor basically kill him and then here is alive and well in the present and future.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2013 07:12 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

http://www.comicboards.com/php/imag...mp;fullsize=yes

Jason Aaron Interview:
http://marvel.com/news/story/20249/...od_butcher_pt_2

"Let's just say, the fights in THOR GOD OF THUNDER #9 are the most epic and—literally—world-shattering scenes I've ever written. And that's only part three of a five issue arc."

Second Interview:
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/tho...ason-aaron.html

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Mar 9th, 2013 at 04:34 AM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2013 04:30 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Is Gorr a cool character iyo, Rage ? He reminds me of Lord Voldemort by the looks of him(which earns him cool points) and his premise seems very interesting. I might read this after it all wraps up.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2013 05:07 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

ohhh this is interesting:

Looks like Asgardian tech to me. It's been a long time since anything of that nature has been touched I'm pretty sure. I always liked the idea of the Asgardians being a super advanced society in addition to the god status and magic.

also

------------

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

these are awesome lol

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Mar 9th, 2013 05:38 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by quanchi112
Is Gorr a cool character iyo, Rage ? He reminds me of Lord Voldemort by the looks of him(which earns him cool points) and his premise seems very interesting. I might read this after it all wraps up.

Yea, he's pretty cool. I definitely recommend picking up this arc after it's done. It's pretty awesome.

Based on what I've seen so far, Gorr is definitely the kind of character that you'd like. He may fissile out in the end, who knows, but right now he'd be your next sig.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2013 06:10 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

ohhh this is interesting:

Looks like Asgardian tech to me. It's been a long time since anything of that nature has been touched I'm pretty sure. I always liked the idea of the Asgardians being a super advanced society in addition to the god status and magic.

?

Fraction's Asgardians were both high advanced technologically (They even improved and IIRC were superior to Stark Tech) and in sorcery.

It was JMS who went with the Sword and Sorcery route.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2013 06:11 AM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
?

Fraction's Asgardians were both high advanced technologically (They even improved and IIRC were superior to Stark Tech) and in sorcery.

It was JMS who went with the Sword and Sorcery route.

Ah figures that I didn't know about it then. As much as I wanted to, I really didn't read much of Fraction's run until Coipel drew me in for the Mighty Thor. I detested the dialogue so much I couldn't get through the issues, and since I've always read Thor because I enjoy it, forcing myself to read it just wasn't worth it. Good to hear about the tech though thumb up

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Mar 9th, 2013 06:25 AM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Gorr is cool. I want to see him fight Mangog (the responses in the letters column indicate that the latter is going to make an appearance soon).

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Mar 9th, 2013 07:34 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote