KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » "The Thor Corp"-Revamped Thor Discussion Thread

"The Thor Corp"-Revamped Thor Discussion Thread
Started by: Damborgson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Lol, so I got some good news for everyone. I was at C2E2 and I attended a couple of panels, the first being a JMS one promoting his new series and the other being a Marvel NOW to Infinity panel.

At the JMS panel, I asked him about his Thor run and why he decided to go with more character development and story over action when most people seem to go the other way around *cough*Fraction*cough*. His response was really cool. He felt that Thor should always be an intelligent and wise noble being instead of a raging viking brute and basically starting ranting about how plenty of writers didn't want to touch Thor post Ragnarok except him. JMS goes on to explain how after he got Thor to the top ten titles, Marvel decided to "have Bendis kick over his sandcastle" with Siege, thinking they could make more money off of it. Needless to say, I laughed and agreed.

Also, at the Marvel panel, I asked if there's anything big to be expected from either Thor or Dr. Doom that we don't know about and they said Doom would get up to something in the next couple of months, but apparently teased a huge Thor bombshell that will be revealed tomorrow. From the gist of it, Brevoort made it seem like a new ongoing or mini, something separate from Aaron's title.

Also, after talking to Remender at his booth, he basically said he's tired of Thor jobbing or getting beat up on by people who are beneath him, which is one reason why he brought back Sentry. So, by all rights, we should get an epic throw down between the two.

Pretty excited for the future.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 12:02 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

after going over the celestial 4th host scans in the ownage thread then looking over the whole event, you have to see that thor is a very different character. his speech is all different and the air of being a hyper-male is barely noticeable.

the whole thor getting ko'd meme is kinda true cause the thor of old would just get really pissed off at most of the things that put current thor on his ass these days.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 02:25 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

The thing is that most of those things taking him for a loop are from team books or crossovers (a great deal of them from Bendis himself). As far as Thor's ongoing and centric events/minis/etc., power wise, he's still the same guy. Most of the people who are seriously thinking that Thor has been nerfed or whatever and aren't just joking around or trolling for a laugh have said or pretty much shown that they don't read Thor's ongoing (which makes sense to form an informed opinion on a character) or somehow think that his ongoing isn't an accurate representation of the character or is less important than what happens in books where he doesn't get any development focused on him.

Personality wise, though, yeah, JMS leaving the title heralded the gradual regression to a brute, which Fraction ran with. Part of me feels the movie is somewhat responsible for that - Hemsworth's Thor was certainly arrogant and an ass.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 02:47 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Also the "big reveal" was just announcing that Malekith will be returning in the pages of God of Thunder in September, obviously to coincide with the movie. Kinda expected something more, but the art looks great.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 29th, 2013 03:28 AM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Lol, so I got some good news for everyone. I was at C2E2 and I attended a couple of panels, the first being a JMS one promoting his new series and the other being a Marvel NOW to Infinity panel.

At the JMS panel, I asked him about his Thor run and why he decided to go with more character development and story over action when most people seem to go the other way around *cough*Fraction*cough*. His response was really cool. He felt that Thor should always be an intelligent and wise noble being instead of a raging viking brute and basically starting ranting about how plenty of writers didn't want to touch Thor post Ragnarok except him. JMS goes on to explain how after he got Thor to the top ten titles, Marvel decided to "have Bendis kick over his sandcastle" with Siege, thinking they could make more money off of it. Needless to say, I laughed and agreed.

Also, at the Marvel panel, I asked if there's anything big to be expected from either Thor or Dr. Doom that we don't know about and they said Doom would get up to something in the next couple of months, but apparently teased a huge Thor bombshell that will be revealed tomorrow. From the gist of it, Brevoort made it seem like a new ongoing or mini, something separate from Aaron's title.

Also, after talking to Remender at his booth, he basically said he's tired of Thor jobbing or getting beat up on by people who are beneath him, which is one reason why he brought back Sentry. So, by all rights, we should get an epic throw down between the two.

Pretty excited for the future.

Wow. You talked to the big boys thumb up

JMS's response did me good.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Apr 29th, 2013 04:07 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Thor has a long history of being downplayed on team books, but I think that the negative image that has been shown for Thor has been mostly because of the visibility that events get. In some of Bendis's early events Thor got portrayed on a positive light and Sentry got chumped.

Personally I admit that I mostly read Thor's cosmic minis, because I like some of the Eternals/Elders of the Universe characters. Its almost as if I was expecting Marvel to make a Beta Ray Bill ongoing or something like that.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 29th, 2013 04:52 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Damborgson
Wow. You talked to the big boys thumb up

JMS's response did me good.

Yeah, they were all really cool and down to Earth, especially outside of the panels. JMS basically went on tirades focused on his disappointment with what they did with Thor during Siege and the whole OMD thing with Spider-Man. It was awesome.

And Remender was pretty blunt in the fact that he feels that Thor should be used for big threats and not trashed to make other lesser characters look good.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2013 06:29 AM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post May 1st, 2013 10:14 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curryman

Excellent fieldwork Jake!

Old Post May 2nd, 2013 01:59 AM
curryman is currently offline Click here to Send curryman a Private Message Find more posts by curryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Originally posted by Damborgson

I too laughed at that to be honest. In fact the "move out of the unstoppable force" gag is my favorite thing to see. :lol.

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post May 2nd, 2013 07:13 AM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Yeah, they were all really cool and down to Earth, especially outside of the panels. JMS basically went on tirades focused on his disappointment with what they did with Thor during Siege and the whole OMD thing with Spider-Man. It was awesome.

And Remender was pretty blunt in the fact that he feels that Thor should be used for big threats and not trashed to make other lesser characters look good.
Wish I could have been there for that.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post May 2nd, 2013 11:42 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Beta Ray Bill will be appearing in the Journey Into Mystery Book

Old Post May 2nd, 2013 12:50 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Sif + BRB action!

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 2nd, 2013 05:01 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by Kazenji
Beta Ray Bill will be appearing in the Journey Into Mystery Book

didnt they have a "thing" before as well?

Made by Jugg666

Old Post May 2nd, 2013 08:04 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Are other writers ignoring the fact that kid loki is dead and this is infact the original?

Made by Jugg666

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 05:45 AM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Kid Loki dead?

isn't he alive in Young Avengers.

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 06:23 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by Kazenji
Kid Loki dead?

isn't he alive in Young Avengers.
In the final issue of Journey the original loki claims kids lokis body (killing him in the process). The loki we see now is just the orignal reaping the benefits of all the good kid loki did.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 06:29 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Ah okay

missed out on that final Journey book featuring Loki....pissed me off.

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 06:36 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Looks like Jason Aaron will be signing in Iowa City tomorrow for Free Comic Book Day, which is about an hour's drive away or so, so looks like a strong chance I'll be there to meet him. big grin

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 10:42 PM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Looks like Jason Aaron will be signing in Iowa City tomorrow for Free Comic Book Day, which is about an hour's drive away or so, so looks like a strong chance I'll be there to meet him. big grin

augh lucky >_< Send him my regards lol

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post May 4th, 2013 12:13 AM