KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » "The Thor Corp"-Revamped Thor Discussion Thread

"The Thor Corp"-Revamped Thor Discussion Thread
Started by: Damborgson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Personally, I think it's supposed to be a parallel to Odin. Whereas Odin is seen as the definitive "skyfather" and in some depictions, architect of creation, Gorr is being portrayed as the antithesis to that and will undoubtedly almost undo creation.

That was my thought as well.

Yeah, it doesn't make a lot of sense when you consider power levels and such. But a good story should always come first.

As for the bomb, when I read it I got the impression that he smashed it apart not that it blew up.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2013 06:13 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

I would love for Jason Aaron to bring back a revamp Thor Corp which would include: Thor, Beta Ray Bill, Clor, Thor Girl and Red Nor-vell

Old Post Aug 7th, 2013 08:52 PM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Maybe it's just American Gods rules, but didn't it happen when he was fighting Glory too?
Thor gained a spark of life quite explicitly due to a young woman's prayers when he fought Glory during Chaos War. There was a visible thread of ethereal energy that attached itself to Thor and reawakened him along with plenty of exposition describing it.

There was none of this during Thor God of Thunder #11. It's a possibility that this all happened off-panel, but then again Jason Aaron wasn't exactly holding back any details in this story. If the prayers amped him, he probably would have mentioned it rather than trust that some fan happened to read a random tie-in to some storyline completely disconnected (and reviled by some) from it.

Personally, I have no doubt that Thor's resolve may have been strengthened by the prayers, at least Odin's. But in terms of injecting him with power? Not really.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Aug 14th, 2013 10:56 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

I agree, I don't think Thor was amped, something like that would have been explicitly stated and it wasn't.

Only case I can think of is, I know it's a reach, but Thor answered the prayer of an alien child from across the universe in an earlier book. Maybe he was forced to answer prayers and the compulsion allowed him to absorb the weapon and the energy from the bomb. my 2 cents.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2013 08:47 AM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Thor God of Thunder #15 featuring Thor and the League of Realms vs. Malekith the Accursed

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 19th, 2013 06:59 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Thor: God of Thunder #12 continues the epicness of the series.

Jason Aaron just keeps his awesome rolling.

It's a tremendous stand-alone story and all Thor fans should not miss it.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2013 03:14 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

The moments with Jane Foster were so well done I was close to shedding manly tears.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Sep 1st, 2013 03:42 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by Damborgson
eh, why not? People may or may not get a kick out of it.

I got one for you!

Old Post Sep 1st, 2013 01:33 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Beautiful.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2013 03:46 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

i just love the art of the series

Old Post Sep 19th, 2013 07:25 AM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Lol....everyone's loving Esad Ribic art

they didn't at first.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2013 08:26 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

as long as it's not Romitta or Liefeld I'm game

Old Post Sep 20th, 2013 07:54 AM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Are you talking about the upcoming story with Malekith?

its Ron Garney doing the art.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2013 08:09 AM
Warlord
Yes, I am...

about artists I hate in general, but I'm happy with Thor books so far

Old Post Sep 21st, 2013 03:31 PM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by Warlord
as long as it's not Romitta or Liefeld I'm game

Romitta is a pain to look at sometimes. Especially in scenes that involve blood.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2013 12:08 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

God of Thunder #14 preview

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...s/news/?a=88116

i like that third cover for the variant covers.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2013 04:10 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Malekith will appear in the Iron Man book where he goes looking for Mandarin's rings

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=49517

Old Post Dec 6th, 2013 08:11 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Should be an interesting mini. I like Gillen usually.

Awesome.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2013 09:58 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Old Post Jan 17th, 2014 07:52 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

They should come back with a 2nd ongoing...

Old Post Jan 20th, 2014 10:36 PM