KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » How close could thor come to bench pressing the earth once?

How close could thor come to bench pressing the earth once?
Started by: keiththegreat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (24): « First ... « 22 23 [24]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by janus77
Marvel Earth is denser, more special and more powerful than any regular planet, according to Marvel.

I don't think Superman could bench Marvel Earth.

It also explains why Celestials and abstracts can ravage the planet without atomising it.

Same could be said of DC earth.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2012 10:22 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Originally posted by Golgo13

But has it been stated by DC?
Because Marvel have gone to the trouble of making it explicitly clear that Marvel Earth (616) is stronger/more powered than other planets in all the omniverse.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2012 10:25 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Yes. Johns GL has explored this, IIRC. About the White Entity and whatnot.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2012 10:26 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daredevil1

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Ultraman was shown lifting it on his own without any strain. See where I'm going with this now?

Scans of that? The might help put that feat to rest.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2012 10:26 PM
Daredevil1 is currently offline Click here to Send Daredevil1 a Private Message Find more posts by Daredevil1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Avengers/JLA #2:
Superman: "As far as I can tell from a quick scan...this earth is slightly smaller than ours (*refering to Marvel Earth), and has fewer cities, less urban growth, at least on the east coast"

DC Earth > Marvel Earth....come at me!!!!!!!

Old Post Dec 19th, 2012 10:28 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Originally posted by -K-M-
Avengers/JLA #2:
Superman: "As far as I can tell from a quick scan...this earth is slightly smaller than ours (*refering to Marvel Earth), and has fewer cities, less urban growth, at least on the east coast"

Denser, stronger, more powerful. That's what Marvel Earth is.

DC Earth has a bunch of gay made up cities to inflate it.

Marvel has Latveria... which is like... an Omniversal power.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2012 10:31 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by janus77
DC Earth has a bunch of gay made up cities to inflate it.

So does Marvel, wait are you being serious?

Last edited by -K-M- on Dec 19th, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Old Post Dec 19th, 2012 10:32 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Avengers/JLA #2:

thumb up

KM! Didn't they explain that DC magic> Marvel magic?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2012 10:32 PM
janus77
Banana Genius

So does Marvel, wait are you being serious?

the **** I know... I'm just having a laugh. laughing

It is true though that Marvel have made a point of saying that 616 Earth is uniquely powerful.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2012 10:34 PM
-K-M-

thumb up

KM! Didn't they explain that DC magic> Marvel magic?

I would have to check that again, but maybe? Scarlet Witch was the Avengers top dog and that was because she was amped.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2012 10:38 PM
PillarofOsiris

Originally posted by Silent Master
I just lifted a fraction of infinity, does that mean I'm just as strong as Superman?

If you lifted a fraction of infinity then you did. 1/2 x infinity = infinity

1/100000000000 x infinity = infinity

I'm not sure what's so hard to understand about basic math. Makes me feel bad for the future.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2012 10:39 PM
PillarofOsiris is currently offline Click here to Send PillarofOsiris a Private Message Find more posts by PillarofOsiris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Why do you insist on making a point everybody already knows... Yet you haven't answered my question.. why then has he been shown to struggle with exponentionally less weight or not even be able to lift things if he can lift an infinite amount? Do explain.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2012 10:43 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
If you lifted a fraction of infinity then you did. 1/2 x infinity = infinity

1/100000000000 x infinity = infinity

I'm not sure what's so hard to understand about basic math. Makes me feel bad for the future.

ok, say a mountain range had infinite weight. You go and lift a 1KG rock that's a part of the range, you are lifting an infinitely small fraction of the infinitely heavy mountain.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2012 10:50 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

I would have to check that again, but maybe? Scarlet Witch was the Avengers top dog and that was because she was amped.

IIRC Chaos Magic was stronger on DC Earth for some reason.

A kind of underlying point of the crossover was that DC was overall more powerful. Unfortunately that is an old and outdated notion. Maybe when Kurt Busiek was growing up sure but not currently.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2012 11:09 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
IIRC Chaos Magic was stronger on DC Earth for some reason.

A kind of underlying point of the crossover was that DC was overall more powerful. Unfortunately that is an old and outdated notion. Maybe when Kurt Busiek was growing up sure but not currently.

Well, Pre-Flashpoint, DC was overall more powerful. Current DCnU needs more showings, but they are up there with Marvel.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2012 11:20 PM
dmills
Centurion Prime

Oh come oh rage! I thought you were going to come in here kicking ass and taking names bro. Have you gone soft on us?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2012 11:47 PM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
The burden of proof is on you though PR not me. We saw on panel superman having billy's help to lift the book. Simple. So post proof he didn't need his help since you believe he didn't. I don't need to prove he needed help, cause ya know, he did GET help. If he didn't need it, that would be on you to prove.

So you refuse to "prove a negative" even though that's not what you're asked, but you want me to actually prove one?

Doesn't make sense.

========================

Anyway, pretty sure this thread has run it's course; now it's just getting silly. Maybe next time a thread is about Thor, it can actually be ABOUT THOR. Closing.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 20th, 2012 02:06 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote