KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » The Best Quotes Of Superman

The Best Quotes Of Superman
Started by: TheOneFirestorm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

"A man.

I'm a Man who can fly.

But it's this woman who sweeps me off my feet"

http://osck.files.wordpress.com/201...s212resized.jpg

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Feb 8th, 2013 06:18 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

I love it one some overpowered broken bloke beats the shit out of Superman, pisses him off, and Superman finally allows himself to let lose for once in an eon. Just gives into his anger.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Feb 14th, 2013 01:45 AM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

"I don't handle easy."

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Feb 18th, 2013 02:10 AM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

"Sorry to disappoint you...but in... my world, it looks like... the dials... GO UP TO ELEVEN!" evil face evil face evil face

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Feb 19th, 2013 06:47 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tra-EL

quote: (post)
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
If that JMS quote was your favorite, you've forgotten the following, which states everything your JMS quote did, WITHOUT the bombast, and gives far more insight into the man's character ...

Love that one as well. Very good one. The reason why I liked JMS's quote was because it was simplified down to a certain point where you still feel the true essence of the character in a simple bubble. "The hard part is surviving me." Love how it's worded and resonated to be so powerful without being too preachy.

Last edited by Tra-EL on Feb 22nd, 2013 at 09:39 PM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2013 09:34 PM
Tra-EL is currently offline Click here to Send Tra-EL a Private Message Find more posts by Tra-EL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

My favorite and the most memorable 'quote' from superman for me is the following
(please log in to view the image)
"BURN."
this is also one of my favorite comics.

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 11:49 PM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I believe it was in a giant sized JLA special a few years ago and Superman was in Hell (or one of them anyway) and he was assailed with images of his family and Lex Luthor, all asking him who he really was: Clark Kent, Kal-El, or Superman. And after enduring their demands, he finally exclaims he's all of them at once. I thought that was a cool scene and really captures just how multi-faceted he really is as a character.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 05:43 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Nobody posted this yet?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 05:52 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

The ending is the best. Glad to finally see a video that didn't have it edited out to make Supes look better.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2013 11:02 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

People do like to put over that punch from Superman, which was ridic, but often fail to remember or mention the fact that Darkseid (with Braniac) was a MONSTER. He practically just no sold Superman's Hail Mary punch and made with the torture casually.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2013 06:06 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
The ending is the best. Glad to finally see a video that didn't have it edited out to make Supes look better.

Get out.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 12:54 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

As someone who wants to write Superman one day, I like this one:

(please log in to view the image)

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2013 07:53 AM
TheOneFirestorm

I think in Batman Beyond he said "Don't worry bruce you'll outlive us all you're to stubborn to die."

Elliot Ness from the Terrific Action Crime Drama Mob Movie The Untouchables

Old Post May 22nd, 2013 08:08 PM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote