KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Final shot ideas

Final shot ideas
Started by: enyafreak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
enyafreak

Final shot ideas

What do you think or would you like the final shot of the ROTK to be? Here are three options. You can pick one of these or come up with your own.

1. The White ship slips away into the mist, with voice-over.

2. Frodo and company see the Undying Lands. Dissolve into white light.

3. Sam opens the door at Bag End. “Well, I’m home!” Pull back to wide shot of the Shire. Camera pans to sky and title card “The End”.

I like 2 myself, but I’d be interested to hear other thoughts.

In a fit of narcissism I will answer my own question and propose some other endings- though my own preference hasn’t changed.

4. Elessar with Arwen looking out from the heights of Minas Tirith as the city bustles with rebirth below them. A bird flies up and away north and west. They embrace and watch the bird. The camera follows its flight across Rohan (burial of Theoden, Faramir and Eowyn together), across Fangorn (Treebeard on his hill with Legolas and Gimli), over Lothlorien (where a silent Celeborn sits), over the Misty mountains (dwarves entering Moria), past Rivendell (silent and leaf-strewn), over Buckland (Merry and Pippin leading some hobbits), past Bag End (Sam in his garden), over the Grey Havens (Cirdan staring westward with a rueful smile), out across the sea into the clouds. Roll credits.

5. (Tie-in for future release of “The Silmarillion”) As the white ship glides away Galadriel speaks with Frodo of the Undying Lands. “Separated by time and sadness, I leave the sundering seas.” She drops Nenya and we follow its path through the glistening waters until it comes to a rest on the ocean floor. The camera then pans up and we see a grave-marker with the names of Túrin Turambar and Nienor Níniel.

6. (Tie-in for future release of “The Hobbit”) A bit older Sam sits in front of the fire in Bag End with his children before him. He takes up the Red Book of Westmarch as they look at him in eager quietude. “There and Back Again” he begins “A Hobbit’s Tale”. As he reads the music swells and we fade to black.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2003 01:53 PM
enyafreak is currently offline Click here to Send enyafreak a Private Message Find more posts by enyafreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

i like 4 maybe with a little tie into 5, but i doubt there will ever be a silmarillion movie so that is probably a no go. i have heard though that it is going to end with galadriel talking (like how it all began) but i dont remember where.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2003 02:23 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
enyafreak

ive heard that weta have produced a final model of the grey havens so we will defo see that. galadriel will be the final voice over and we all know that sam returns to the shire. i think it will end with galadriel rounding up the story as we see what happens to each of the fellowship then the final shots will be frodo on the whiteship with gandalf sailing into the distance

Old Post Apr 15th, 2003 02:33 PM
enyafreak is currently offline Click here to Send enyafreak a Private Message Find more posts by enyafreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You could not possibly film the Silmarillion.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 15th, 2003 08:58 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

what if they did though? with a narrator speaking and them showing a whole bunch of scenes, mostly giant battles. wouldn't be an actual film of course, but could be..em...interesting

Old Post Apr 15th, 2003 10:11 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

A tv series, perhaps. They would need at least ONE continuous character for it to be at all feasible; Galadriel would be your best bet.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 15th, 2003 10:17 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

ya there is no way to condense the silmarillion into a 3 hour movie, but i think it would be interesting if they made movies of some of the stories from the silmarillion. like maybe a movie of beren and luthien or (excuse the bias) i would like to see a movie on turin. it would still be very dificult to do a film based on them especially since i doubt it would have much apeal to non tolkien fans, but it still would be nice.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2003 10:28 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

how about giving the deal to Disney to make a movie about the great hound Huan, y'know talking animals and stuff, should be suited for a nice disney flickstick out tongue ..maybe put in an additional child character that could be friend with Huan too...

Old Post Apr 15th, 2003 10:35 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

...and then the movie terrorizes children as Huan shreds Sauron's throat and blood goes everywhere. big grin

I liked ending #4.

And the other post that Enya made about the Grey Havens model and Galadriel wrapping up the end of the story seems likely too.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2003 12:34 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote