KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » DE Sidious -vs- The Emperor (Lord Vitiate)

Which Sith Lord survives in the all-out battle?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
The Emperor (Lord Vitiate) 7 20.00%
DE Sidious 28 80.00%
Total: 35 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DE Sidious -vs- The Emperor (Lord Vitiate)
Started by: Rookwood

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Same here.

I do dislike quotes like that. Primarily because it leads to people just posting those quotes in every Yoda/Sidious thread regardless of who they're fighting, and only posting that. As if being the most powerful automatically makes them win.

Last edited by Nephthys on Jul 26th, 2013 at 03:12 PM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2013 03:09 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mhameri2891
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Up till 19 years before Yavin, Yoda is the most powerful Jedi

Based on???

Old Post Jul 26th, 2013 03:27 PM
Click here to Send Mhameri2891 a Private Message Find more posts by Mhameri2891 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

To be honest though the only rivals he has that we know of are the Hero of Tython, the Barsen'thor, Revan and maaaaybe Nomi Sunrider.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2013 03:31 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

And Satele.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2013 05:35 PM
Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

She doesn't really rival him that much.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2013 09:23 PM
Based
iPinoy

You can't say that when you're simultaneously hyping up the Barsen'thor and the HoT. Her force feats rival that of the Barsen'thor with Shatterpoint, battle meditation and the ability to block lightsabers. It was just hyped that the Barsen'thor was able to break through a blast door while Satele did the very same feat. Not to mention Satele has foresight to the future that easily rivals Yodas.

Also she is much, much, much more adept with fighting styles opposite of the HoT and the Consular. The HoT has no force feats and the Consular has no lightsaber feats. Satele's elite at both.

The only two things going for Nomi is battle meditation and cutting someone off from the force. Impressive yes but Satele is definitely in her category.

She's basically Revan with a double balded lightsaber and better force powers.

Last edited by Based on Jul 26th, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2013 11:36 PM
Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Based
Also she is much, much, much more adept with fighting styles opposite of the HoT and the Consular. The HoT has no force feats and the Consular has no lightsaber feats.

That's not true at all.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2013 11:46 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

Maybe you should provide the proof to, you know refute the point.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2013 12:52 AM
ares834

I'm not going to waste time looking for vids but before I even left Tython my HoT sent a guy flying hundreds of feet with a simple force push. Neph, meanwhile, has shown shit where he has mind raped Sith Lords. Not to mention he resisted Vitate's own telepathic assault.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2013 02:08 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Based
You can't say that when you're simultaneously hyping up the Barsen'thor and the HoT. Her force feats rival that of the Barsen'thor with Shatterpoint, battle meditation and the ability to block lightsabers. It was just hyped that the Barsen'thor was able to break through a blast door while Satele did the very same feat. Not to mention Satele has foresight to the future that easily rivals Yodas.

Also she is much, much, much more adept with fighting styles opposite of the HoT and the Consular. The HoT has no force feats and the Consular has no lightsaber feats. Satele's elite at both.

The only two things going for Nomi is battle meditation and cutting someone off from the force. Impressive yes but Satele is definitely in her category.

She's basically Revan with a double balded lightsaber and better force powers.

Because the Barsen'thor and the HoT are more powerful than her?

This is Satele smashing through a blast door:

(please log in to view the image)

The door doesn't look that large and looks to be about half a foot thick. If she has Shatterpoint as you say that could make it less impressive in terms of power imo. Now this is the Barsen'thor smashing through a blast door:

Its about as tall as a two story house and half a meter thick. Not really a comparison. Bare in mind that the Barsen'thor had already weakened herself with the shielding technique once at this point and this is right at the start of the game.

Also Yoda's crappy for foreseeing the future due to Sidious dampening his ability so whatevs.

How does Satele rival Yoda? That what I'm talking about here. The Barsen'thor beating Vivicar is one of the best feats any Jedi has ever had as is the Hero whooping Vitiate on a Darkside nexus. These two imo have the chops to rival Yoda. Satele is extremely powerful, top 10 imo, but she ain't rivaling Yoda.

I mentioned Nomi as a maybe because she does have some incredible feats and abilities and has been directly compared to Yoda.

I was actually thinking about the most powerful Jedi ever and in no order my top 10 would be:

Luke, Yoda, HoT, Barsen'thor, Revan, Mace Windu, Cade Skywalker, Kyp Durron, Satale Shan, Nomi Sunrider.

Honorable Mentions are: The Exile, Obi-Wan, Jaden Korr, Kyle Katarn, Mara Jade, Saba Sebatyne, Tol Braga.

Theres probably a few I'm missing and I'm purposefully leaving out those who fall to the Dark Side like Anakin and Jacen. Also Galen Marek because he was never a Jedi. The only one I'm iffy on is Kyp because although he did a lot of swanky shit and got hyped as Luke's equal back in the day, man has he done ****all since then.

Last edited by Nephthys on Jul 27th, 2013 at 02:22 AM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2013 02:09 AM
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Out of curiosity, what are Nomi's feats?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2013 11:28 AM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Old Post Jul 27th, 2013 12:19 PM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by Nephthys
Because the Barsen'thor and the HoT are more powerful than her?

This is Satele smashing through a blast door:

The door doesn't look that large and looks to be about half a foot thick. If she has Shatterpoint as you say that could make it less impressive in terms of power imo. Now this is the Barsen'thor smashing through a blast door:

Its about as tall as a two story house and half a meter thick. Not really a comparison. Bare in mind that the Barsen'thor had already weakened herself with the shielding technique once at this point and this is right at the start of the game.

Also Yoda's crappy for foreseeing the future due to Sidious dampening his ability so whatevs.

How does Satele rival Yoda? That what I'm talking about here. The Barsen'thor beating Vivicar is one of the best feats any Jedi has ever had as is the Hero whooping Vitiate on a Darkside nexus. These two imo have the chops to rival Yoda. Satele is extremely powerful, top 10 imo, but she ain't rivaling Yoda.

I mentioned Nomi as a maybe because she does have some incredible feats and abilities and has been directly compared to Yoda.

I was actually thinking about the most powerful Jedi ever and in no order my top 10 would be:

Luke, Yoda, HoT, Barsen'thor, Revan, Mace Windu, Cade Skywalker, Kyp Durron, Satale Shan, Nomi Sunrider.

Honorable Mentions are: The Exile, Obi-Wan, Jaden Korr, Kyle Katarn, Mara Jade, Saba Sebatyne, Tol Braga.

Theres probably a few I'm missing and I'm purposefully leaving out those who fall to the Dark Side like Anakin and Jacen. Also Galen Marek because he was never a Jedi. The only one I'm iffy on is Kyp because although he did a lot of swanky shit and got hyped as Luke's equal back in the day, man has he done ****all since then.

Why Tol Braga and not Jaric Kaedan who whooped the Dread Masters?

Braga has his multi-day duel feat. But Kaedan was a master of Juyo Kos.

The North Remembers

Old Post Jul 27th, 2013 03:56 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Yeah I forgot about him.

Dude gets taken out on Ilum though, so I guess he's not as good as one of the Empire characters.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2013 04:06 PM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by Nephthys
Yeah I forgot about him.

Dude gets taken out on Ilum though, so I guess he's not as good as one of the Empire characters.

Yeah or gets taken out by all four considering its a group phase.
Like I took out Darth Arho with a buddy (because he was ****ing hard as shit).

The North Remembers

Old Post Jul 27th, 2013 04:51 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Han
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Sidious is terminated in a flash of light. Happy?

laughing This is comedy gold!

quote:

Combat history wise, Palpatine's greatest feats are with a lightsaber and Vitiate's greatest feats are with the Force.

Because Force storms are just pussy-powers.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2013 06:14 PM
Click here to Send Master Han a Private Message Find more posts by Master Han Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Master Han
laughing This is comedy gold!

Too bad! Sidious is not unstoppable.

Originally posted by Master Han
Because Force storms are just pussy-powers.

Did I suggest this to be the case?

Vitiate's combat related track record is most impressive in the mythos.

Of-course, both Vitiate and Sidious were capable of inflicting mass-scale destruction with their most destructive capabilities.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2013 07:34 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Han
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Too bad! Sidious is not unstoppable.

Nobody is "unstoppable". Is this another one of your useless tautologies?

quote:

Did I suggest this to be the case?

Yeah, because you implied that Palpatine's Force feats are inferior to Vitiate's own.

quote:

Vitiate's combat related track record is most impressive in the mythos.

No, it isn't. He demonstrates horrible tactical competence in the Revan novel. Notice that, despite being amped by one of the most powerful dark side nexuses to ever exist, he's seriously threatened by a union of Revan, Meetra Surik and Scourge.

Now, compare this to how Sidious deals with the "B team". Aside from Mace Windu, he casually kills everyone in a matter of seconds, yet it never appears as though the Emperor could have done the same...indeed, Meetra comes within a tactical error of killing him with a saber throw.

quote:

Of-course, both Vitiate and Sidious were capable of inflicting mass-scale destruction with their most destructive capabilities.

Except that Palpatine's are:

1. Far more destructive.
2. Performed without rituals or external energy sources.

Not to mention Sidious has something called a "lightsaber", and has dueled Yoda to a relative standstill.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2013 12:03 PM
Click here to Send Master Han a Private Message Find more posts by Master Han Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

You find it relevant that the B-Team was beaten by Sidious in seconds, yet ignore that Vitiate has toppled a similar strike team in an even shorter amount of time?

Either way, any incarnation if Sidious post-TPM can defeat Vitiate.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2013 07:39 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by NewGuy01
You find it relevant that the B-Team was beaten by Sidious in seconds, yet ignore that Vitiate has toppled a similar strike team in an even shorter amount of time?

Either way, any incarnation if Sidious post-TPM can defeat Vitiate.

The only Jedi of note in that team was Tol Braga, and perhaps the HoT. The other two were plebes. And he certainly did not topple them in a shorter time. The plebes were owned as soon as Vitiate attacked but they are featless knights without the chops to compare to Agen Saesee and Kit. Tol and HoT both survived longer though.

"Palpatine faced Mace and Agen and Kit and Saesee—four of the greatest swordsmen our Order has ever produced. By himself. Even both of us together wouldn't have a chance."-Kenobi on the matter of their deaths.

Of course this was Yoda being humble and Kenobi underestimating the Grand Master. But the point still stands the ROTS B-Team are above the two no-names accompanying Tol Braga.

Even TPM Sidious could likely defeat him considering I'm pretty sure Plagueis was the most powerful Sith in history up until his demise.

The North Remembers

Old Post Sep 1st, 2013 07:46 PM