KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Nihilus (right after Katarr) Vs. Vitiate (right after Nathema)

Nihilus (right after Katarr) Vs. Vitiate (right after Nathema)
Started by: Dolos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, what Vitiate did on Nathema was greater than what Palps did on Byss, and at the same time it didn't make him dependant on it.

The difference between the three is the nature of their technique.

Sidious experimented on Byss' population and slowly fed off their vitality to sustain himself.

Vitiate safely consumed the inhabitants of Nathema, ritualistically sacrificing them for his own immortality.

Nihilus totally absorbed their all of their energy at once. Giving him far greater power and ultimately increasing his hunger and making him more dependant on Force sensitive worlds.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Last edited by KillaKassara on Jan 2nd, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2013 11:57 PM
Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rookwood
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dolos
Well, what Vitiate did on Nathema was greater than what Palps did on Byss, and at the same time it didn't make him dependant on it.

The difference between the three is the nature of their technique.

Sidious experimented on Byss' population and slowly fed off their vitality to sustain himself.

Vitiate safely consumed the inhabitants of Nathema, ritualistically sacrificing them for his own immortality.

Nihilus totally absorbed their all of their energy at once. Giving him far greater power and ultimately increasing his hunger and making him more dependant on Force sensitive worlds.

Duh.

And Nihilus rapes Vitiate here. smile

Also, I'm getting the feeling English isn't your first language?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2013 12:02 AM
Click here to Send Rookwood a Private Message Find more posts by Rookwood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jadams3928
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Incorrect.

The only thing immune from Nihilus's drain, Canonically, is a Force Wound.

So Vitiate dies.

Please amuse us showing a source that says this. If you want to reach, Nihilus' technique came from the ancient sith, And Vitiate was the most powerful of the ancient sithsmile Sorry

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2013 12:05 AM
Click here to Send jadams3928 a Private Message Find more posts by jadams3928 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rookwood
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jadams3928
Please amuse us showing a source that says this. If you want to reach, Nihilus' technique came from the ancient sith, And Vitiate was the most powerful of the ancient sithsmile Sorry

If you truly knew anything about what you spoke - you would know that Nihilus's technique could not be taught - only experienced.

And humor me, by proving you've actually played KotoR II - it does imply that the only immunity is a Force Wound.

Show me where - so you can prove to me that I'm not debating with a Noob.

My time is valuable. wink

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2013 12:10 AM
Click here to Send Rookwood a Private Message Find more posts by Rookwood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rookwood
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have a feeling I'm going to be waiting a while. big grin

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2013 12:52 AM
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Originally posted by Rookwood [B]
And humor me, by proving you've actually played KotoR II - it does imply that the only immunity is a Force Wound.

Also, you can be immune by sharing bond or by being badass Mandalor. stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2013 01:33 AM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rookwood
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Arhael
Also, you can be immune by sharing bond or by being badass Mandalor. stick out tongue

*Feeds him a treat* You are so cute.

I would put a collar on you, with a fancy emblem bearing your name, and the phone number I could be reached at, in case you were lost. stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2013 01:36 AM
jadams3928
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
If you truly knew anything about what you spoke - you would know that Nihilus's technique could not be taught - only experienced.

You're right, I haven't beaten KOTOR II far longer than your you've been able to drive. I appreciate you educating your elders on something you don't understand, but let me try. Kreia also says its an invention of the ancient sith. Missed that one huh?

quote:
Show me where - so you can prove to me that I'm not debating with a Noob.
Show you what?

[quote]My time is valuable.

Clearly not, as you're not making any sense.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2013 03:05 AM
Click here to Send jadams3928 a Private Message Find more posts by jadams3928 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Kreia also says its an invention of the ancient sith.
When was this? I haven't played the game in about six or seven years and can't recall.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2013 07:32 AM
Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Kreia says 'It is a technique that is almost as old as the Sith themselves'. Not sure if she specifically says its from them though. Avellone says that its a technique known to the Ancient Sith in an interview. He does stress that what he's saying isn't canon though, whether that extends to that though is ambiguous.

Last edited by Nephthys on Jan 3rd, 2013 at 08:01 AM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2013 07:56 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Nephthys
He does stress that what he's saying isn't canon though

wat? lol

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2013 08:13 AM
Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Interview.

Emperor Devon: Numerous fan theories about Darth Nihilus' origins have risen up, ranging from him being Zayne Carrick to Revan and to the Exile's missing Force connection. Did you ever have a specific origin in mind for him, or was he supposed to remain hidden, mysterious, and valuable in the fact that he remained in the dark (pardon the unfunny pun) like Dracula?

Chris Avellone: I cannot speak for the story arc in the Knights of the Old Republic comic (obviously, Zayne Carrick didn’t exist at the time of the K2 storyline, but that’s not to say there isn’t a connection). Nihilus’ exact identity is never specified in K2 - I had a specific origin in mind, but not a name, if that makes sense, and what I say hear is not canon: He was created when Malachor V was torn apart, and he was intended as the Exile’s other half, one that took a more self-destructive path rather than denying the Force during that battle that ended the Mandalorian Wars.

As much as Nihilus embraced the Dark Side’s Force talent of consuming force sensitives (and other life, such as the mass Mandalorian slaughter), the Exile took the higher ground and cut himself off from the pull of such power. As powerful as Nihilus’ ability is in the short term, the drawback is that it robs the user of almost identity but hunger, which is why is never employed by the Sith Lords of old... who had no wish to sublimate their identities for any reason.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2013 08:20 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

That quote says the ancient sith never used it, lol.

But then Avellone is a buttclown.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2013 08:29 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Indeed, the implication is that they did know about it though. Its been speculated to be the basis for stuff like Vitiates ritual, Ragnos' staff and the Dark Reaper that do similar things with draining the Force but are safer.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2013 08:40 AM
Rookwood
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're right, I haven't beaten KOTOR II far longer than your you've been able to drive. I appreciate you educating your elders on something you don't understand, but let me try.

Hahahaha. Boy, I'm your Elder. smokin'

When I was driving for the first time, they were cutting the umbilical cord off of you.

And nice try at trying to educate your elders on something you're pulling out of your ass.

Kreia also says its an invention of the ancient sith. Missed that one huh?

I sure hope you aren't just trying to pull that out of your ass, you got a picture to back up your claim? smokin'

'Cause the only one whose missed anything here, is you, Sonny.

Clearly not, as you're not making any sense.

Pull your head out of your ass - you'll see better. big grin

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2013 02:09 PM
Rookwood
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2013 02:09 PM
Rookwood
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am debating with a Noob, aren't I? big grin

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2013 02:22 PM
jadams3928
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys
Interview.

Emperor Devon: Numerous fan theories about Darth Nihilus' origins have risen up, ranging from him being Zayne Carrick to Revan and to the Exile's missing Force connection. Did you ever have a specific origin in mind for him, or was he supposed to remain hidden, mysterious, and valuable in the fact that he remained in the dark (pardon the unfunny pun) like Dracula?

Chris Avellone: I cannot speak for the story arc in the Knights of the Old Republic comic (obviously, Zayne Carrick didn’t exist at the time of the K2 storyline, but that’s not to say there isn’t a connection). Nihilus’ exact identity is never specified in K2 - I had a specific origin in mind, but not a name, if that makes sense, and what I say hear is not canon: He was created when Malachor V was torn apart, and he was intended as the Exile’s other half, one that took a more self-destructive path rather than denying the Force during that battle that ended the Mandalorian Wars.

As much as Nihilus embraced the Dark Side’s Force talent of consuming force sensitives (and other life, such as the mass Mandalorian slaughter), the Exile took the higher ground and cut himself off from the pull of such power. As powerful as Nihilus’ ability is in the short term, the drawback is that it robs the user of almost identity but hunger, which is why is never employed by the Sith Lords of old... who had no wish to sublimate their identities for any reason.

Whoops, looks like some jackass missed this post. Oh I love the new fish. laughing out loud laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2013 02:34 PM
Rookwood
Restricted

Account Restricted

Whoops, looks like some jackass missed this post. Oh I love the new fish.

Don't you think it's unfair to call yourself a jackass, just because you forgot that you posed some Non-Canon stuff?

And I like your fishy taste - just how I like pussy, tasting just like tuna. smokin'

What was it you said, that you were in Primary School, when playing KotoR II last time, and never got to finish?

I'll let you go finish now. You put down the baby-bottle and actually play that game, and maybe you'll be a challenge for me. wink

But I did like the Non-Canon stuff; it was funny. stick out tongue

I feel bad for Vitiate though - he can't beat a guy who solely tanked a planet being ripped into pieces and and uses a technique that is unblockable to all, but other Force Wounds.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2013 09:39 PM
The_Tempest

I think it's fairly reasonable to assume that the ancient Sith knew of Nihilus's technique. Not only does Avellone confirm it backhandedly (though I agree that his words alone wouldn't necessarily amount to a proverbial hill of beans), Kreia says it in the game. Finally, the construction of weapons like the Dark Reaper justify it: the Sith, fearing that prolonged use of the technique would begin to destroy their personalities, forged technology capable of unleashing such power.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2013 11:19 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote