KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Cyberpunk 2077

Cyberpunk 2077
Started by: Zack Fair

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I would like to see this Dev make a Judge Dredd game.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 02:52 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Gameplay:

Kinda disappointed that it's solely first-person, tbh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 27th, 2018 10:48 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Looks great. Gonna buy it day one. Probably would have even if they never showed any gameplay based solely on how much I like Witcher 3.

If you are unhappy that there is no third person option, best make your voice heard. I think it's probably early enough in the development cycle to where they could probably still add such an option if demand was loud enough.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2018 11:30 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Shut up

Old Post Aug 27th, 2018 11:39 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Looks great. Gonna buy it day one. Probably would have even if they never showed any gameplay based solely on how much I like Witcher 3.

If you are unhappy that there is no third person option, best make your voice heard. I think it's probably early enough in the development cycle to where they could probably still add such an option if demand was loud enough.

As much as I dislike fps in an open world, watching the video almost got me to not care. I need to see more before I know for sure.

Originally posted by NemeBro
Shut up

laughing out loud

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 27th, 2018 11:46 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Originally posted by NemeBro
Shut up

Sir.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2018 11:50 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I don't think they will. It seems a third person view would break the game and I think its' far in development for major gameplay elements to be changed.

They seem pretty damn eager to have the game in first person and from the gameplay, it's catering towards that.

Overall, the game looks impressive and it might be the best "world" ever created. It will most likely have a kick ass story and meaningful impressive side quests to boot. Also, they are killing it in the immersive factor. However, the combat looks OK so it will be interesting it can hold up.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 12:01 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I said shut up

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 12:12 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Smasandian
I don't think they will. It seems a third person view would break the game and I think its' far in development for major gameplay elements to be changed.

They seem pretty damn eager to have the game in first person and from the gameplay, it's catering towards that.

Overall, the game looks impressive and it might be the best "world" ever created. It will most likely have a kick ass story and meaningful impressive side quests to boot. Also, they are killing it in the immersive factor. However, the combat looks OK so it will be interesting it can hold up.

Beautiful world, meh combat, or great combat and bare bones world. Always one or the other.

When we could have had both, if they were smart enough to work together. Can you imagine Platinum put their combat engine into AAA titles?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 01:07 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Sounds like Witcher 3, then. "Everything amazing except the gameplay, which is merely good." I'm fine with that. Those other things are usually more important.

You make good points about first person. I dunno how far along this game is or when the release date might be. If they don't have a built in third person camera, I bet modders will make one for the PC release.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 01:19 AM
NemeBro

Those other things are usually more important.
A literal casual. thumb down

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 01:20 AM
BackFire

The less gameplay the better, I say.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 01:22 AM
NemeBro

Why don't you just go full-on casual and have consensual sex with an attractive woman phag?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 01:38 AM
BackFire

Let's not say things we can't take back.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 02:40 AM
Arachnid1

Holy fuk, that looked good. I needed this after how disappointed I was in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. This is on another level. I hope there's a decent amount of stealth options and builds. I need me some infiltration, and I don't want to constantly go through shooting galleries every quest.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Aug 29th, 2018 at 12:13 AM

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 12:08 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

From a world building point of view, they ****ing nailed it.

But I will admit this does look similar to how the new Dues Ex titles play. I got major vibes from it, which isn't a bad thing.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2018 07:14 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Pretty much like TW series.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Sep 4th, 2018 11:41 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by cdtm
Beautiful world, meh combat, or great combat and bare bones world. Always one or the other.

When we could have had both, if they were smart enough to work together. Can you imagine Platinum put their combat engine into AAA titles?
It's difficult because of how complex RPGs are by themselves but to add good enough animations that are a necessity for good combat and also keep it balanced? No developer is putting that much effort.

Just look at Nier Automata. Don't get me wrong, it's a lovely game but the hack&slash in it is shallow as shit.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Sep 4th, 2018 11:46 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
It's difficult because of how complex RPGs are by themselves but to add good enough animations that are a necessity for good combat and also keep it balanced? No developer is putting that much effort.

Just look at Nier Automata. Don't get me wrong, it's a lovely game but the hack&slash in it is shallow as shit.

Yeah, same deal with Red Dead Redemption. Serviceable gameplay, but doesn't hold a candle to your Max Paynes or Vanquish..

I guess Dragon's Dogma/Dark Souls is the exception. You get a very pretty environment, and fantastic gameplay.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2018 01:25 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

That's because Red Dead Redemption isn't trying to be like Max Payne Or Vanquish......bad comparison in general.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2018 01:35 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote