KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Cyberpunk 2077

Cyberpunk 2077
Started by: Zack Fair

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Game pushed back Sept 17th 2020.

Why am I getting the feeling this is gonna be like waiting for Duke Nukem Forever all over again?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jan 17th, 2020 at 03:38 AM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2020 03:29 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Why am I getting the feeling this is gonna be like waiting for Duke Nukem Forever all over again?

Calm down, CD projekt red hasn't gone bankrupt.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2020 05:02 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Kazenji
Calm down, CD projekt red hasn't gone bankrupt.

Well no I don't mean that or it's publisher's moral sense but I mean if the wait is gonna be just as long 'cause holy heck that delay's a big jump. Preparing for next gen consoles or not, that's some horse hockey.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Yes, I'm aware it's likely I'm exaggerating comparing this to Duke's developing cycle but goddang is that irritating.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jan 17th, 2020 at 05:38 AM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2020 05:26 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

It will disappoint. Just like Duke Nukem, the wait will in no way justify the gaming experience.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2020 02:45 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

The situation with this game is nothing like Duke Nukem.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 17th, 2020 05:24 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Its like a 5 month delay.

And pushing it to the holiday season. Doesn't seem strange at all...and isn't this the first delay?

Again....I find this funny. People complain when a game gets released with bugs...or when there is a large patch.....or less features...and then complain when it gets delayed. I don't get it.

This is a huge, supposedly intense experience with a branching storyline. And its an original IP too. Its not suprising this got delayed. I won't be suprised if it doesn't get delayed until 2021

Old Post Jan 17th, 2020 09:54 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well I don't like to complain and it takes a lot to make me complain.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2020 11:32 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

So you think they should release soon even if the game is buggy and not finished.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2020 01:49 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

What was it even the devs overlooked that they had to push back as far as 5 months though? That should be the question here.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2020 02:21 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

There's reports of crunch time still happening despite the delay. That really sucks. In hindsight you would think a delay would prevent crunch for the devs, but sometimes it just adds more to it.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2020 03:15 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Nemesis X
What was it even the devs overlooked that they had to push back as far as 5 months though? That should be the question here.

Bugs and finishing things up.

For a smaller game...sure. But this game is going to be huge and has mile high expectations.

A similar game like Red Dead Redemption 2 had the same delay. It was set to release Fall 2017, pushed back to Spring 2018 and then delayed again until Fall 2018. Game turned out fine.

And if the overlooked something...does it matter..as long as the game gets released and its good. The developer is in a interesting situation. Expectations are massive (or even untenable) so the game is going to sell like crazy but if they do not meet those expectations, the public is going to destroy them. So....its not surprising this game gets delayed again.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2020 01:38 PM
Arachnid1

A ton of Cyberpunk gameplay just leaked LMAO. It's potato quality and on youtube so it won't be up long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghr...eature=emb_logo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xvm...eature=emb_logo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_...eature=emb_logo

At least the confirms stealth as a viable playstyle (crouching behind chit, directional mic to eavesdrop on farther targets, radar tracking, stealth takedowns, hiding bodies, avoiding cameras, hacking, silenced weapons, environmental takedowns, etc...). Now I just need to see how alerts work. Hopefully its not one of those games where everyone knows where you are the second one douche spots you. There better be some communication.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 27th, 2020 10:53 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

So much for "leak". It's that same internal demo people have leaking over and over (you saw a few clips of it in that Deep Dive video). Same area. The only thing new is that the gameplay actually showcased some stealth for once.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 27th, 2020 11:13 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Cyberpunk got delayed again. Now it's November it'll be out.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2020 03:03 AM
Arachnid1

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

My god, this game looks beautiful.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Jun 27th, 2020 at 06:31 PM

Old Post Jun 27th, 2020 06:26 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

My body is ready.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2020 07:54 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah that's a poor man's Watch Dogs alright.

With a Zeno Clash combat system.

The thing looks so last gen, I bet the PS3 could play it.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2020 12:13 AM
NemeBro

The only thing I care about is whether or not CDPR actually had the balls to let me play a trans woman with a huge uncensored cock dangling in the breeze.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2020 01:19 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Originally posted by cdtm
Yeah that's a poor man's Watch Dogs alright.

With a Zeno Clash combat system.

The thing looks so last gen, I bet the PS3 could play it.

There's yet another cdtm complaint.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2020 01:35 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sure. If by complaint, you mean perfectly valid observation.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2020 01:51 AM